Author Topic: Yelawolf - Radioactive (Discussion)  (Read 1564 times)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Re: Yelawolf - Radioactive (Discussion)
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2011, 07:03:09 PM »
Oh I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up! Monday it is  8)

midwestryder

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2011, 07:36:12 PM »
Oh I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up! Monday it is  8)
MOP,mobb deep, Kidz in the Hall, krayzie bone,& jet life all  drop new projects or albums the same day as yelawolf. so there is lot to get that day but yelawolf is no 1 for me to get. they will have a special deluxe verison of yelawolfs radioactive with 3 bonus tracks only at best buy.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2011, 11:38:42 PM »
Nobody loves the shit after "Throw It Up"? Finally starts making dope rap songs & it isn't "Southern" enough, therefore we're calling it "poppy".

With that being said, this is one of my favorite albums this year. 8)

Is this a joke? Thought you hated Yelawolf...

He was pretty terrible before Shady took him under his wing. You can definitely hear the influence. & maybe I was just listening to the wrong music by him before hand, but he use to sound awful.

I mean, once I heard some of his pre-Shady stuff, I basically stopped listening to him two-three songs in. But this was really shocking. Like I said earlier in the thread, I was debating even whether to waste my time downloading it. He has some dope flows, great production, hook game is on point by everyone & more important than anything, he's actually pronunciating words that chronologically make sense lol.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2011, 11:53:27 PM »
Man I'm not feeling a lot of these hooks. Yela kills everything lyrically, but some of these are pretty rubbish. Had to lol at the skit with Em though. Gotta give this album more time to digest, first half is crazy though.

Atm I prefer Trunk Muzik, Lunas review was pretty spot on!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2011, 12:06:19 AM »
Man I'm not feeling a lot of these hooks. Yela kills everything lyrically, but some of these are pretty rubbish. Had to lol at the skit with Em though. Gotta give this album more time to digest, first half is crazy though.

You know what it probably is, you guys want to hear him on some harder Southern sound. Like Luna's 4/5 tracks are most true to who he was pre-Shady. My favorite songs are "Made In The U.S.A.", "Radio", "The Last Song", "Write Your Name", "Animal". Although I really like "Growing Up In The Gutter", "Hard White" & "Get Away", I prefer the overall sound of those first songs I named more; smoother beat, cool female vocal hook, deeper lyrics. But I can respect your prespective.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2011, 12:07:14 AM »
By the way, Rick Ross should sue Justice League for basically reselling "Aston Martin Music" to Yelawolf on "Write Your Name" LOL.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2011, 12:29:00 AM »
I'm buying this Tuesday.

Waiting to listen to an album until you bought it off the shelf>>>>>>>> illegal downloading

Only if the album's great. Otherwise, listening to a downloaded album and finding out its weak or average >>> shelling out money for a physical copy and then being disappointed.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2011, 02:10:45 AM »
I'm buying this Tuesday.

Waiting to listen to an album until you bought it off the shelf>>>>>>>> illegal downloading

Only if the album's great. Otherwise, listening to a downloaded album and finding out its weak or average >>> shelling out money for a physical copy and then being disappointed.

Yeah I mean if I see an album I considered buying getting trashed and poor reviews, chances are I might not buy it. Or if I really can't believe I'll listen to it at the store. I don't know, theirs just something about buying albums that I love. I've got pretty ecclectic tastes and often times I just pick up a couple cheap random albums just to try to find a diamond in the rough. I know I could just download them but eh it's just not the same. Yesterday I picked up phonte- charity starts at home. Bought to give it a listen now

David Gutterman

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2011, 11:13:34 AM »
okay, some different shit. Gotta give it a few more spins but i think i like it.
slumerican shitizen love it!

Lunatic

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2011, 11:44:41 AM »

You know what it probably is, you guys want to hear him on some harder Southern sound. Like Luna's 4/5 tracks are most true to who he was pre-Shady. My favorite songs are "Made In The U.S.A.", "Radio", "The Last Song", "Write Your Name", "Animal". Although I really like "Growing Up In The Gutter", "Hard White" & "Get Away", I prefer the overall sound of those first songs I named more; smoother beat, cool female vocal hook, deeper lyrics. But I can respect your prespective.
I'm just not digging the white girl hooks. Sounds like Miley Cyrus. Yea, u can say I like that pre-shady shit, the first four joints are dope and I fuck with "Growing up in the Gutter" and "Throw It Up" too.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2011, 03:22:43 PM »

I'm just not digging the white girl hooks. Sounds like Miley Cyrus. Yea, u can say I like that pre-shady shit, the first four joints are dope and I fuck with "Growing up in the Gutter" and "Throw It Up" too.

I like him over the chill beats, the last song is dope as fuck, it's just some of those hooks are pretty cringe worthy. I was listening to it while chilling with wifey last night and I could appreciate them a bit more, I was just expecting something more akin to Trunk Muzik so it'll just take some getting used to. Yela spits on point on everything which is ill 8)

mc_clayton

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2011, 07:57:15 PM »
I'm buying this Tuesday.

+1
But I will need to track down the bonus trax online once I get the retail CD. What's with not even being able to buy the Deluxe version on CD nowadays? I feel old.

midwestryder

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2011, 10:13:05 PM »
I'm buying this Tuesday.

+1
But I will need to track down the bonus trax online once I get the retail CD. What's with not even being able to buy the Deluxe version on CD nowadays? I feel old.
the bonus trak are on the best buy deluxe version of radioactive .

mc_clayton

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2011, 07:17:35 AM »
I'm buying this Tuesday.

+1
the bonus trak are on the best buy deluxe version of radioactive .

Thanks!

kuruptlon

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2011, 07:18:38 AM »
By the way, Rick Ross should sue Justice League for basically reselling "Aston Martin Music" to Yelawolf on "Write Your Name" LOL.

Yup I was thinking the exact same thing. I like this album a lot better than his old stuff as well but maybe i should give trunk music another shot.

This freestyle he did over the Aloe Blacc-I Need A Dollar beat is sick:

Yelawolf - I Need A Dollar Freestyle

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 07:43:54 AM by kuruptlon »