Author Topic: Headphones....Beats by Dr. Dre Studio vs. Beats Solo  (Read 910 times)

Gangsta187

• Lil Geezy
Headphones....Beats by Dr. Dre Studio vs. Beats Solo
« on: November 17, 2011, 09:59:55 PM »
I'm looking for HQ headphones for my ipod and my computer.
Are any of these two worth buying?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: Headphones....Beats by Dr. Dre Studio vs. Beats Solo
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 10:09:26 PM »
solos are worthless, get the studios, solos are frail as fuck, i don't even understand y ppl take it to the gym, tryna show off. its pretty funny once they work out and accidentally break it.

dudes are morons, i have my beat pros, which retail price are 450, but i basically only paid 50 dollars for it. and those are the best, i cannot go back to in ear.

and yes of course theres better headphones than beats for a lot cheaper, but its what u like, its the design and the the name and the fact its dres line.

same thing with brand name clothing, so i don't see what the big fuss over it being over priced and what not, yea it is, but are you gonna buy pay less shoes instead of getting the new J's? no, end of story

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 11:07:44 PM »
I got the Solo's. I've listened through both. I'm not going to sit here & say the Solo's are better. The Beats are better overall. But considering I don't know where this nigga above me gets it for $50 lol, I'd rather pay $150 for headphones that sound quality wise is almost identical instead of paying near $500 (with shipping) for basically a slightly better version of the product.

Plus they aren't as bulky.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 11:25:15 PM »
I got the Solo's. I've listened through both. I'm not going to sit here & say the Solo's are better. The Beats are better overall. But considering I don't know where this nigga above me gets it for $50 lol, I'd rather pay $150 for headphones that sound quality wise is almost identical instead of paying near $500 (with shipping) for basically a slightly better version of the product.

Plus they aren't as bulky.

in a sense i only payed $50, got a barely used studios from my step cousin as my bday present, and my pops friend wanted my studios and he payed me 350 for them (its like a korean thing, he wanted the studios no doubt, he's an old young guy like my pops but, its like a korean thing to give extra money for u to fuck around with)

and it was $400 dollars at best buy, so basically i only spent 50 dollars on those pros, since i got the original studios as a present.

there a significant difference in the pros, the bass bumps much harder than the studios. i hadn't tried the solos so i wouldn't know the diff between solos and studios,

but the bad thing about the pros is it hurts your ears after an 2 hours, every time on the plane i have to switch to my shitty ass standard iPhone headphones because it starts hurting my ears. but after 10 mins i just but them back on.

but damn I'm super cautious of my beat pros, shits like jewelry. cuz i leave all my work stuff and my pros  at the office in india, i don't trust them indian hotel mother fuckers, they'll come up on my shit.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 12:07:22 AM »
Solos are pointless. Get the studio or the professionals.

The people that whine about the price just have no money

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 12:15:55 AM »

I'm not poor, but I'm not tryna drop $500 on headphones. Headphones use to cost $20 bucks, last for three months & die. Paying 25 times more just doesn't seem logical. Even paying three times more than Solo's to get a slightly better product just doesn't seem logical to me. Plus my boy has the Studio's & even though they do play louder & they are sturdier, that's about it as far as I can tell.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 12:41:59 AM »

I'm not poor, but I'm not tryna drop $500 on headphones. Headphones use to cost $20 bucks, last for three months & die. Paying 25 times more just doesn't seem logical. Even paying three times more than Solo's to get a slightly better product just doesn't seem logical to me. Plus my boy has the Studio's & even though they do play louder & they are sturdier, that's about it as far as I can tell.

studios is only 250 if u go to best buys, last time i saw.  i mean for only 100 bucks or 150 more u get a much better headset if ur spending 150 on it anyways. I've seen ALOT of broken solos, so i would never get em, the solos are always broken in the stores, and I've seen a lot of review on websites with people complaining about the frailness. when i was deciding if i should get the pros.

if u take good care of em it shouldn't matter but, i only use my pros when i travel, so durability is a must.

do u have the solo HD? and is it electronic noise canceling like the studios? and i herd they have that button control on the headset like the iPhone, not sure if it was the tours instead.

but of course u can buy generic ones for much cheaper and almost same quality, but then again those are very frail also, bose would cost bout the same amount or more than studios

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 12:45:06 AM »
Yeah, I got the HD's. It's noise cancelling. & I got the Talk-Control. It's overrated, but cool, I guess lol.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 12:48:33 AM »
Yeah, I got the HD's. It's noise cancelling. & I got the Talk-Control. It's overrated, but cool, I guess lol.

lol i love that talk control that they have on the standard headphones for my iPhone cuz that shit saves a lot of battery.

i wish i had it on my pros.

lets smoke a bleezy next time I'm in your hood.   8)

prob be there around early december.

Gangsta187

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 07:24:33 AM »
Does the studio headphones improve the quailty? .

Like if u have songs/albums that are 128kbps will they sound good?, or will they sound kinda low?

The albums that i got on my ipod are 320kbps  but my rare shit are 128kbps or lower.

Also are they comfortable?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 12:06:59 PM »

lol i love that talk control that they have on the standard headphones for my iPhone cuz that shit saves a lot of battery.

i wish i had it on my pros.

lets smoke a bleezy next time I'm in your hood.   8)

prob be there around early december.

Like two weeks? Swaggin'.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 09:09:51 PM »
Does the studio headphones improve the quailty? .

Like if u have songs/albums that are 128kbps will they sound good?, or will they sound kinda low?

The albums that i got on my ipod are 320kbps  but my rare shit are 128kbps or lower.

Also are they comfortable?

i had no problem with studios, their comfterable the pros hurt your ears after a couple of hours though, if its 128 it sounds shitty still, it doesn't improve it.

but its still dope, because u hear every lil instrument, every little sound, every time i bump an old school track i hear something new, that u wouldn't be able to hear on regular headphones our your computer speakers

Gangsta187

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 11:38:05 PM »
I'm gonna buy the Studio headphones once there back in stock.

How good is the isolation ?, does it cancel all umwanted noise?

When blasting in full volume will the people around u be able to hear what your listen to?, like with the ipod earphones?

The Watcher

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 03:44:33 AM »
i have the solo's for when i'm at work or travelling etc and they are good. picked them up a year ago and they are still going good today

if you wanna drop $350+ on some headphones, get yourself a pair of sennheiser HD650's or beyerdynamic DT880's. i have some HD650's hooked up to an amp and DAC for when i'm at home, doesn't get much better

at the end of the day if you're listening to MP3s it's going to sound shit in whatever headphones for the most part

army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

V2DHeart

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 07:55:07 AM »
Over-priced fashion item just like Apple products.

I'm happy with my Sony MDR's (aroudn the same price), and even before that the Panasonic Pro set I got for around a measly £90. I've listened to music through beats, and my own headphones and notice no difference. They don't make non CDQ tracks sound CDQ, or tell you the lottery numbers in clear crystal sound, but what the extra price does guarentee (sometimes) is that it'll pay for the extra time they spent on the shop floor "testing" the product, and paying for their test equipment, labour, as well as advertising costs, and any additional warranty that might come with them
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>