Author Topic: best movie you've ever seen?  (Read 2752 times)

Lunatic

Re: best movie you've ever seen?
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2011, 05:08:50 PM »
Boring answer probably but I always loved The Departed. Road to Perdition was another dope flick. City of God of course. The Godfather pt 1. Goodfellas. Heat was ill too. Raging Bull. Kill Bill. Carlito's Way, Donnie Brosco.

Hahahah, i guess you didn't read the first post?
lmao I skimmed it
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2011, 05:20:38 PM »
I've tried a lot of spanish spoken movies that are considered great (Cronos, Espinazo del Diablo, Timecrimes, Sin Noticias de Dios and probably a few more) and none of them really stood out as anything special. So yeah, just throwing some titles for you to research yourself

Oldboy is really the first thing that comes to mind when people discuss non U.S. cinema, surprised nobody mentioned it so far (or maybe someone did but I didn't notice). Never watched it myself, 'cause that language is painful to my ears. Appologies to the asian fellows in here. Watching it dubbed in another language is, unfortunately, just as annoying.

Russian cinema is supposedly ill too. Never watched anything, but a friend of mine whose opinion I respect very much said that Stalker blew him away.

Bergman is also a name usually associated with quality. Seventh Seal and Persona, for starters
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Will_B

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2011, 05:33:59 PM »
I've tried a lot of spanish spoken movies that are considered great (Cronos, Espinazo del Diablo, Timecrimes, Sin Noticias de Dios and probably a few more) and none of them really stood out as anything special. So yeah, just throwing some titles for you to research yourself

Oldboy is really the first thing that comes to mind when people discuss non U.S. cinema, surprised nobody mentioned it so far (or maybe someone did but I didn't notice). Never watched it myself, 'cause that language is painful to my ears. Appologies to the asian fellows in here. Watching it dubbed in another language is, unfortunately, just as annoying.

Russian cinema is supposedly ill too. Never watched anything, but a friend of mine whose opinion I respect very much said that Stalker blew him away.

Bergman is also a name usually associated with quality. Seventh Seal and Persona, for starters

Devils Backbone (Espinazo del Diablo) is very good, and so is The Orphanage (Del Toro produced it) ... I find his stuff generally overrated.

Stalker is not one I've seen yet, Andrei Tarkovsky is a master though so you'd expect it to be superb.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2011, 06:05:38 PM »
eazye
^
"timecrimes", looks very cool, ill check it. thanks  8)

not schooled on spanish stuff, but ive seen some of it - "Te doy mis ojos"  and "La fiesta del chivo"  are my favorites from Spain

my favorite shit is primarely stuff from France (1960's and earlier)/independent or mainstream and (of course) Scandinavia (preferably Sweden) --- all the stuff that influenced the american filmmakers during the the reordering of Hollywood in the late 60's. i like asian shit too

yea, "Oldboy" is a cool movie, but i liked "thirst" more for some reason.

russian movies are boring as fuck (and i usually like boring movies). i liked "Stalker" tho, which u mentioned (but it was too long).. i prefer "solyaris", another classic russian flick (kind of like the same sub-genre "russian science fiction"). higly recommended  

Swedish director Ingmar Bergman is probly the "greatest" filmmaker from Scandinavia,, but either u love or hate his movies (no in-between), definitely not for everyone

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2011, 02:15:44 PM »
Stalker is really boring if you ask me, I had to convince myself to watch the whole movie

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛

Will_B

ez8o5

• 'G'
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2013, 09:14:28 PM »
y tu mama tambien
amores perros
the motorcycle diaries
like water for chocolate
la nina de la mochila azul

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2013, 12:09:54 AM »
I Would recomend this movie: The lion of the desert. I promiss you wont waste your time.

It is an arabic movie with american actors... and not the least actors: Anthony Quin, Olver reed...
It is a historical accurate movie about one of arabs hero's of the past fighting Colonial Italy.

Here is an HD version, because the movie is a little hard 2 get

Sccit

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2013, 02:10:50 AM »
high tension
wolf creek
shaun of the dead

Heinz

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2013, 05:27:39 AM »
Werner Herzog's "Even Dwarfs Started Small"

Will_B

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2013, 05:55:31 AM »
If you really watched Werner Herzog films, I doubt you'd spend your days trolling Internet forums

Heinz

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2013, 06:21:09 AM »

David Gutterman

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2013, 07:13:42 AM »

Hunter S Thompson's fear and loathing, best book & movie

Fraxxx

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2013, 07:24:07 AM »

Hunter S Thompson's fear and loathing, best book & movie

Co-sign! At least the best funny movie.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.