Author Topic: Post up funny misconceptions you used to have about rappers when u were a kid  (Read 3070 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
i see what it was that you had done there.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
did this dude seriously say hip hop died when Nas said so?

So Kendrick Lamar, Action Bronson, Elzhi & ASAP Rocky are part of a dead genre? I'm sorry that kind of talent doesn't spit in a dead genre

Never heard of symbolism? 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

dnjp4life

I suppose when I started to listen to 2Pac a lot I always took the supposed 'East-West- beef a little too seriously.  I used to think that if rappers from one coast went to the other then there could be serious trouble and gang violence just by virtue of them being there.  And also not even rappers but gangbangers in general.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Stop dodging my question Brian. Tell the truth, how many KRS-One albums have you actually listened to?

rayallen0

did this dude seriously say hip hop died when Nas said so?

So Kendrick Lamar, Action Bronson, Elzhi & ASAP Rocky are part of a dead genre? I'm sorry that kind of talent doesn't spit in a dead genre

Never heard of symbolism? 
symbolism...yes the symbolism that the genre is dead? dead things don't come back to life for the record.

midwestryder

none of the above . i was not stupid .i was from real hood unlike most of you

That's just blind ignorance. As a child you cannot physically understand things before explained to you. Meaning prior to learning you attempt to think for yourself & are 9/10 wrong.
nope it is not just blind ignorance. As a child i was smarter then every child around me . i was leap before anybody in my class. i was raised by street hustlers,gang bangers,& old men of the block . they taught me about hip hop & alway were real about it. see you did not have people teching you the truth at very early age like me .i have been living & listening to hip hop since 1982. i was more advance then anybody my age . sorry if i was smarter then you & your generation . i was thinking for myself by age of 4 unlike you. so it is you who is the one with blind ignorance not me .

How come you can't write properly though?
because i don't care . it is the stupid nerdy ass internet . only losers & nerds care about that shit.

rayallen0

That's just blind ignorance. As a child you cannot physically understand things before explained to you. Meaning prior to learning you attempt to think for yourself & are 9/10 wrong.
nope it is not just blind ignorance. As a child i was smarter then every child around me . i was leap before anybody in my class. i was raised by street hustlers,gang bangers,& old men of the block . they taught me about hip hop & alway were real about it. see you did not have people teching you the truth at very early age like me .i have been living & listening to hip hop since 1982. i was more advance then anybody my age . sorry if i was smarter then you & your generation . i was thinking for myself by age of 4 unlike you. so it is you who is the one with blind ignorance not me .

because i don't care . it is the stupid nerdy ass internet . only losers & nerds care about that shit.
Or people who like to understand what the fuck they are reading instead. You peaked at age 4 sorry.

Okka

It's nerdy to know how to write properly? Damn, the world just keeps changin'.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Funny misconceptions you had about rap when you were a kid...
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2015, 07:44:48 PM »
I used to think that Dr. Dre was hiding out from the law.  Dre raps on the Chronic, "I do a job and jet" after bragging about killing so many people.   So I thought when I was a kid like 11 years old and first hearing Dre that basically his life consisted of making raps, killing people, and then disappearing into the shadows hiding out from the law.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Funny misconceptions you had about rap when you were a kid...
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2015, 08:22:29 PM »
I'm like 99% sure this is already a thread somewhere.

CORREA

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2015, 11:08:26 PM »
I used to think that Dr. Dre was hiding out from the law.  Dre raps on the Chronic, "I do a job and jet" after bragging about killing so many people.   So I thought when I was a kid like 11 years old and first hearing Dre that basically his life consisted of making raps, killing people, and then disappearing into the shadows hiding out from the law.

please don't bring them rhetorical threads from West Coast Connection to Outbound Connections  >:(

Remedy360

« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2015, 12:16:08 AM »
I'm like 99% sure this is already a thread somewhere.

By the same user.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

David Gutterman

« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2015, 06:21:45 AM »
It took me ages to know what dr.dre was saying on that "The Watcher" track, I was hearing tuka in yuka, the lyrics were actually: how much Tupac in you, you got

Will_B

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2015, 06:57:12 AM »
I thought it was something about nougat