Author Topic: Snoop Dogg "You & You" (AUDIO)  (Read 634 times)

PLANT

Snoop Dogg "You & You" (AUDIO)
« on: December 05, 2011, 08:47:40 AM »
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 09:52:50 AM by PLANT »

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Snoop Dogg "You & You" (AUDIO)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 09:07:08 AM »
His flow coulda been tighter.  Plus it didn't sound believable IMO.

I jah fucked with that beat tho, that shit sounded jah ham thru tha iPhone

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 09:17:15 AM »
Thanks for the link. Terrace Martin previewed the track in one of his videos last year, so I guess it's produced by him. Beat turns out great when you turn up the volume. Nice track.

Will_B

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 09:50:13 AM »
This is GOOD.

Doggumentary leftover(??)...sounds like an album intro.

swe iz active

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 10:30:53 AM »
THANK YOU, PROPS MAHH DUDE

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 01:28:58 PM »
I hope Snoop works with some younger producers too.  OddFuture's posse/network of people got some cool shit.  Nipsey Hussle finds diamonds in the ruff and do a lot of entertainers and emcees.  #justsayin.  

Sly's "WattStax" would be perfect for a Snoop and Dogg Pound cut, especially Kurupt.  I'm listening to it without tha subs on some regular shit and that shit is screamin DPG. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 01:31:29 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 02:37:45 PM »
dope shit. this is how snoop needs to bring it on an album. snoop needs to work wit producers who will give him outstanding production. a great beat is the foundation in any great song.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Will_B

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 02:39:24 PM »
a great beat is the foundation in any great song.

Amen^^

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 03:39:15 PM »
dope shit. this is how snoop needs to bring it on an album. snoop needs to work wit producers who will give him outstanding production. a great beat is the foundation in any great song.

i dont think thats necessarily true tho.
there is no such thing as a great "beat" imo, there r beats that r more suitable for a certain kind of calibre.
its up to the calibre, to make the best outta the musical platform,, thats a foundation in a great song

Will_B

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 03:46:25 PM »
there r beats that r more suitable for a certain kind of calibre.
its up to the calibre, to make the best outta the musical platform

:eh:

PLANT

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 04:19:31 PM »
well either way, the beat is dope and snoop is dope on this one

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 04:35:56 PM »

i dont think thats necessarily true tho.
there is no such thing as a great "beat" imo, there r beats that r more suitable for a certain kind of calibre.
its up to the calibre, to make the best outta the musical platform,, thats a foundation in a great song
what u mean there's no such thing as a great beat ?  there are many great beats. in snoop's case 21 jumpstreet was incredible, bitch please, doggystyle album, tha last meal album, etc.... the beats were amazing. without a great beat a song does no justice.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 04:53:28 PM »
its deeper than that. a beat is just a skeleton. its not a foundation to a great song.
its what u make out of it, and it also depends on the artist performin on teh beat. a "dope beat" might be a "dope beat" per say, but a beat is  also a musical platform n it suits diffrent artists individually. song-construction is more important than a "dope beat" imo
this is how i look at it, take it or leave it
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:57:26 PM by Michael Madsen »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 05:02:10 PM »
end of the day the beat is the foundation. a muthafucka could rap a capella  and it's not as strong until a beat is underneath it all to enhance it. everything is built off the beat.

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 05:07:11 PM »
thats ur opinion,
but it sounds naive to me, lookin at it like that -- if ur listenin to hiphop-songs cuz of instrumentals
a beat can be dope objecively, but it doesnt necessarily have to mean anythin when it comes to music. it depends on the performin artist n how well he/she suits it, n what the artist bring to the table in song-composing

feel me?

thats why i said, a great beat is not the most important foundation. some of the best hiphop-song ive ever heard, were built on lukewarm (generally speakin) material
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:10:15 PM by Michael Madsen »