Author Topic: Snoop Dogg "You & You" (AUDIO)  (Read 623 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Snoop Dogg "You & You" (AUDIO)
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 05:29:08 PM »
far from naive over here sonny. dope beats and rhymes is what counts believe that.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 07:02:16 PM »
this is dope
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 08:24:42 PM »
its deeper than that. a beat is just a skeleton. its not a foundation to a great song.
its what u make out of it, and it also depends on the artist performin on teh beat. a "dope beat" might be a "dope beat" per say, but a beat is  also a musical platform n it suits diffrent artists individually. song-construction is more important than a "dope beat" imo
this is how i look at it, take it or leave it

I agree I agree, think home sweet home by ras, the joint was cool, but jada on it made it a classic. Yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Will_B

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 11:19:48 PM »
First and foremost you need a good beat for the rapper to feel ....otherwise he's only gonna be smoothing over the cracks at best.

However that's not saying only good beats make good completed tracks (that's what would be niave).

crapboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 02:28:37 AM »

2.29 min

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 06:11:36 AM »
no one said that a dope beat is the end all be all of a song. a great song starts wit a hot beat then the rest falls into place.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 02:06:07 PM »
First and foremost you need a good beat for the rapper to feel ....otherwise he's only gonna be smoothing over the cracks at best.

However that's not saying only good beats make good completed tracks (that's what would be niave).

na,
u dont need a great/perfect/dope beat to make a good song. song-composing is ideas and creativity, and is not tied to a looped hiphop-instrumental

an  artist need a beat taht suits him/her, whether its "so-so", "meeeh", and "really dope" (per say), n then they can take it from there.
Brotha Lynch Hung rapped on some wack ass beats (generally speakin), but the shit works for him n his style, n he can run wit it, n create somethin that matches musicaly

« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 02:17:34 PM by Michael Madsen »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 02:15:06 PM »
i would rather listen to a emcee rhyme over a great beat than over some average or wack shit. a great beat will allow an artist to take a song further and make for great results. example: kam's made in america album had outstanding production and lyrically and concept wise he shined.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 08:26:22 AM »
dopest Snoop has sounded in a while 8)

nad45

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2011, 08:46:36 AM »
Dope track! But it could have been better
Too many pauses in his flow. He didn't go hard enough
But it's dope
Please Dre, make an album with snoop. Only you dare to tell him that his verse is wack or missing something.