Author Topic: Mysterious how producers of 7 Day Theory album came out of nowhere...  (Read 3549 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: Mysterious how producers of 7 Day Theory album came out of nowhere...
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2011, 08:51:27 AM »
^
those guys changed the epitome n personification of music

Tupac Shakur was a rapper that rhymed "hennessey" wit "enemies", and spat on camera-crews
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 08:52:58 AM by Michael Madsen »

Stan

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »
but those songs fade after awhile (aside from Hit Em Up).

even Hit Em Up has faded for me. can't really listen to the track anymore. it's embarrassing. not a clever diss song with witty lines or anything. and even musically never thought it was that good to sample blatantly Dennis Edwards. but i guess it was really efficient when it came out.
Dam thanks for the sample credit.  I checked Dennis Edwards on youtube and DAM that is a wack fuckin song.  I don't know how they saw that gangster shit from it, that's amazing lol    :o

Stan

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2011, 10:16:33 AM »

yes my friend, i personally have: beatles, led zeppelin, bob marley, jimi hendrix, the eagles, sade, barry white,etc. i see your point ;)

LOL.. that shit is trash compared to 2pac.  The only reason you say that is because those albums gained acceptance from the mainstream white critics.  While Pac on the other hand spoke for the disenfranchised.

Lol Infinite are you delusional, or just live in a bubble?  Those artists are known worldwide and have gained acceptance, in different cultures, for a reason.  You can't just pull one over on the entire globe son.  I don't think I would of even said that when I was 16. 

Sccit

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2011, 11:09:01 AM »
^u dont think 2pac is known worldwide and gained acceptance from different cultures? LOL. to act like 2Pac isn't an icon in music history is dumber than anything Infinite can ever say.

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2011, 11:44:52 AM »
[It samples "Impeach the President" by The Honey Drippers.  That song "I Can" by Nas also samples it too (specifically the drumbeat), so does "Total Kaos" by EPMD and some others I can't think of at the moment.
i cant recognize the sample at all. is it just the breakbeat?

sade>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2pac

half of bob marleys music is speaking for the disenfranchised and he didnt contradict his positive messages on a regular basis (i get around, every gangsta song) . and 2pac got good reviews from mainstream white critics too OMG jump ship. your whole argument makes no sense. i dont listen to rock but im pretty sure early rock wasnt accepted either at the time of its release. the eagles and led zepplin are trash to me compared to 2pac but im not going to make up some big bullshit explanation of why. its fuckin music.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2011, 12:48:31 PM »
The only reason you say that is because those albums gained acceptance from the mainstream white critics.  While Pac on the other hand spoke for the disenfranchised.
First off, those are "artists" being named, not "albums". And secondly, you don't think the same can be said of Pac? He wasn't signed to Interscope his whole career? He wasn't prominently featured on MTV? If anything I'd say he got far more of a pass from his white critics, than he did the black ones. A lot of black journalists and authors like Michael Eric Dyson, Danyel Smith, and Armond White while recognizing his social and culture impact, also critiqued his shortcomings as an artist and brought to light some of his contradictions. Instead of playing into this ideal that he was like a thugged-out mix of Martin Luther King and Mother Teresa who never made anything but classic music. Tupac was unquestionably, one of a kind in the hip-hop landscape and he was in my opinion, the greatest writer when it came to emotional depth that hip-hop has ever seen. I'd say he was to rap what Marvin Gaye was to R&B soul. That being said, he is neck and neck with Eminem for absurdly irrational Stan-bases. I actually think both are two of the greatest artists to ever do it but according to some of their fans, music didn't exist before they came along and they are these amazing pioneers of the genre. What's funny is when they came out, the generation before them was looking at them the same way, we all look at Lil' Wayne.   

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2011, 01:14:42 PM »
The only reason you say that is because those albums gained acceptance from the mainstream white critics.  While Pac on the other hand spoke for the disenfranchised.
First off, those are "artists" being named, not "albums". And secondly, you don't think the same can be said of Pac? He wasn't signed to Interscope his whole career? He wasn't prominently featured on MTV? If anything I'd say he got far more of a pass from his white critics, than he did the black ones. A lot of black journalists and authors like Michael Eric Dyson, Danyel Smith, and Armond White while recognizing his social and culture impact, also critiqued his shortcomings as an artist and brought to light some of his contradictions. Instead of playing into this ideal that he was like a thugged-out mix of Martin Luther King and Mother Teresa who never made anything but classic music. Tupac was unquestionably, one of a kind in the hip-hop landscape and he was in my opinion, the greatest writer when it came to emotional depth that hip-hop has ever seen. I'd say he was to rap what Marvin Gaye was to R&B soul. That being said, he is neck and neck with Eminem for absurdly irrational Stan-bases. I actually think both are two of the greatest artists to ever do it but according to some of their fans, music didn't exist before they came along and they are these amazing pioneers of the genre. What's funny is when they came out, the generation before them was looking at them the same way, we all look at Lil' Wayne.  

i feel u, James
thats because he pronounced the "e"-syllables wit "EEEEEEEE!!!" in "Hennessey", "weed" and "enemies"

Jimmy H.

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2011, 01:20:49 PM »
I detect a little sarcasm there, Madsen.

« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2011, 01:31:01 PM »
 ;)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2011, 02:02:19 PM »
probaly they are all really dead people and so was pac and this album was really recorded when 2pac died in the afterlife

Stan

« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2011, 02:26:05 PM »
^u dont think 2pac is known worldwide and gained acceptance from different cultures? LOL. to act like 2Pac isn't an icon in music history is dumber than anything Infinite can ever say.
What are you talking about?? Where do you see that in my quote?  I was referring to the trash statement.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2011, 02:48:59 PM »
probaly they are all really dead people and so was pac and this album was really recorded when 2pac died in the afterlife
What the fuck did you just say?

Sccit

« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2011, 03:56:41 PM »
What are you talking about?? Where do you see that in my quote?  I was referring to the trash statement.

seems to me like u were implying that all those names were icons and 2pac wasn't......

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2011, 04:08:49 PM »

seems to me like u were implying that all those names were icons and 2pac wasn't......

he didn´t  . everyone knows Tupac is Bob Marley kind of martyr figure known across the world . probably not as big as Marley but well known anyway .

Infinite talking out of his ass like always . Those bands you mentioned might be trash to you but they sure as hell did change the music world and i bet many of them influenced your lord and savior Tupac Amaru Shakur .

V2DHeart

« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2011, 04:32:36 PM »
i know hurt-m-badd is still here, not doin much but we hear from him, interviews, statements, etc. demetrius "meech" shipp made comments on "black diamond" jewell on youtube BUT WHERE THE HELL IS DARRYL "BIG D" HARPER?

Raising his family
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>