Author Topic: nas took 2002, whos takin 2003?  (Read 368 times)

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
Re:nas took 2002, whos takin 2003?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2003, 05:55:43 AM »
I'd say Eminem took 2002....he was all over the radio and tv.

;D

2003  ???

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2003, 06:29:06 AM »
Honestly, I think Cormega owned last year by dropping 2002's best album, The True Meaning.
I grant to you that, commercially, 50 Cent is on top of things now, but we all know how the rap game is. Things change fast.
Somehow I guess Scarface will be king this year.

yeah mega will own this year too. new lp, new ep with ayatollah, and hopefully he buys back the testament and gets that released.
i've been waiting for that shit too long..
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2003, 01:37:23 PM »
Nas took 2002 ?
LoL.. 2001 was better for Nas.
Eminem more or less 0wned 2002.

Rakim is gonna owe 2003..

see the thing is, eminem could drop the wackest shit ever and it'd still sell, i aint gotta be a genious to know that.......but why i say nas took 2002 was for the same reasons westcoast veteran...........he had gods son.........majuor non commercail, told rappers to step shit up, lost tapes.............and he'll never sell as many units as eminem but he did something which was madly needed to happen in hip hop with someone whos big in the game........taking it back to its roots, n he did that, so he got mad respect off many hip hop heads in that yr........thats why i say in my opinion nas had 2002 on lock........

peace

* "Eminem Show" - Partly commercial or not, a classic or near classic album in hiphop.
* "God Son" - Weak album, not even better than Jay's mediocre BP2. A big step down from Stillmatic.
* "Told rappers to step it up" - What does that help when you step down yourself ?

That's the main points..

However, to Nas's credit:
* Partly "took hiphop back to the roots".. but the album had it's commercial tracks too.. and even how oldschool "Made you look" was, it was still pretty dull.
* Been on a lot of cameos & appearences.. been real active.

eminem show aint a classic, even eminem will know that now looking back at it......but now doubt i agree with ya its a dope album.....

gods son was a dope album......way better than blueprint 2....that shit was real weak......

told rappers to step it up cuz his on a level in the hip hop game now where he can say shit like that even if it is arrogant.....but all greats are arrogant in there own right......

.....i can see why u say eminem........cuz of 8mile......eminem show.....8 mile ost n shit.........but releasin without me was a joke......even if it was meant to do a specifiv job......

its jus about opinions in the end.....and i giv it to nas personally....

peace