Author Topic: How could Jay-Z ever make a song as cold as Nas "Last Real Nigga"?!  (Read 756 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: How could Jay-Z ever make a song as cold as Nas "Last Real Nigga"?!
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2011, 07:15:05 PM »
Individual songs off The Black Album alone are better than God's Son.

2euce 7even

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2011, 12:43:41 AM »
jigga aint ishhh compared to nas.
nas is the realest around since makaveli left us.

swe iz active

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2011, 01:35:44 AM »
Illmatic better than god's son tho :) And AZ better than Nas, sup?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2011, 08:52:19 AM »
I like both Nas and Mega but when it come to deep lyrics, Mega got him. Nas is arguably a better all-around lyricist but even then, I say it's pretty close.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2011, 08:54:58 AM »
The Black Album is easily better than God's Son
nah.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2012, 12:37:59 PM »
Gods Son is a great album, but when you say it's probably the best rap album of all time it really kills your credibility.

These songs are great tho:
Made You Look
Revolutionary Warfare
Heaven
Book of Rhymes
Mastermind
Last Real Nigga
I Know I Can (hella ballsy as a single, and a very rare positive / moral song)
Get Down (great loop from classic Ice-T joint)

Thugs Mansion sucked, The Cross was horrible due to Eminem's production that a 10 year old could do, and that joint to his mom are the only  songs I skip.

Other than that, it's a great album.

Jay has made some dope introspective songs like "Regrets" and a few others.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2012, 12:43:25 PM »
Just to elaborate, if u would have said Jay could never do "I Can" as a single, I would def agree. Jay is not putting out songs for the betterment of his people, he's flossin about how much he has and how much you don't. Ol insecure muthfucka.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2012, 01:06:28 PM »
Just to elaborate, if u would have said Jay could never do "I Can" as a single, I would def agree. Jay is not putting out songs for the betterment of his people, he's flossin about how much he has and how much you don't. Ol insecure muthfucka.

Jay-Z is realer than Nas because he doesn't pretend to be putting out inspiration songs for the betterment of people. Hence he never sold out. Jay-Z makes music for you to bump and enjoy. Nas has made inspirational songs but at the same time he's sold out several times during his career. Going commercial several times kinda undermines his serious material doesn't it? And lets be real. He talks the talk but before Distant Relatives he was never actually giving back to the community. He's been just as commercial for half of his career as Jay-Z has been for all of his.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2012, 01:29:04 PM »
For the record, I think being inspirational is overrated. It didn't stop Rakim, Biggie, or Big Daddy Kane from being called legends. How ignorant do you have to be to get your education from rap records?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2012, 01:32:26 PM »

Jay-Z is realer than Nas because he doesn't pretend to be putting out inspiration songs for the betterment of people. Hence he never sold out. Jay-Z makes music for you to bump and enjoy. Nas has made inspirational songs but at the same time he's sold out several times during his career. Going commercial several times kinda undermines his serious material doesn't it? And lets be real. He talks the talk but before Distant Relatives he was never actually giving back to the community. He's been just as commercial for half of his career as Jay-Z has been for all of his.

Jay sold out big time after Reasonable Doubt and has admitted it. "Dumbed down my raps and doubled my dollars" or whatever. Good for him, he's got a stack of great singles over the years, but his albums as a whole don't touch Nas' catalog with a 10 foot pole.

I never said anything about who is realer, I don't care. But Jay wouldn't and couldn't ever do a Distant Reatives or "I Can" or "UBR" (which you think he would do for BDK). He's always been on some insecure European Jay shit. He does budweiser and HP commercials and wears argyle sweaters and does photo ops with bill gates and the dude from coldplay.

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2012, 01:38:15 PM »
i think it's obvious to anyone with common sense....Nas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jay-Z. it's not even close.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2012, 01:40:18 PM »
For the record, I think being inspirational is overrated. It didn't stop Rakim, Biggie, or Big Daddy Kane from being called legends. How ignorant do you have to be to get your education from rap records?

I'd suggest you go back and listen to BDK and Rakim, they dropped many many songs with inspirational messages.  Even Biggie had sky is the limit.

Who said you get your education from them? It's about having someone in a powerful position as someone to try and look up to. If money and corporate America is what you worship, Jay is your dude. His career is nothing more than that.

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2012, 01:51:09 PM »
Spice-2 has to be the dumbest mufucka on this board when it comes to hip-hop, no joke.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »
i think it's obvious to anyone with common sense....Nas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jay-Z. it's not even close.

I don't think anybody is debating that. But there aren't many other names you can throw in from of Jay. The entire purpose of Brian's hatin' ass thread is that Jay-Z is no good. Insanity.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2012, 04:48:10 PM »

Jay sold out big time after Reasonable Doubt and has admitted it. "Dumbed down my raps and doubled my dollars" or whatever. Good for him, he's got a stack of great singles over the years, but his albums as a whole don't touch Nas' catalog with a 10 foot pole.

I never said anything about who is realer, I don't care. But Jay wouldn't and couldn't ever do a Distant Reatives or "I Can" or "UBR" (which you think he would do for BDK). He's always been on some insecure European Jay shit. He does budweiser and HP commercials and wears argyle sweaters and does photo ops with bill gates and the dude from coldplay.

Reasonable Doubt is an entire album about playing the game and getting money. I fail to see how any of his following albums qualify as selling out. Nas on the other hand....