Author Topic: Mel Gibson Divorce Done: Wife Gets More Than $400 Million  (Read 362 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Mel Gibson Divorce Done: Wife Gets More Than $400 Million
« on: December 28, 2011, 08:46:20 AM »
A judge on Friday approved a divorce settlement between actor Mel Gibson and his estranged wife Robyn, ending their 31 years of marriage.

Robyn, Gibson's wife of nearly 30 years and the mother of their seven children, is walking away with half his fortune, once estimated to be as high as $850 million (according to the Los Angeles Business Journal in 2006) in what is considered the biggest divorce payout in Hollywood history.

Because the couple didn't have a prenuptial agreement, Robyn, 55, was legally entitled to half of everything he earned during their marriage, People magazine reported.

Among Gibson's estimated assets: more than $600 million grossed by the film "The Passion of the Christ" alone; $100-plus million in real estate investments worldwide (he bought an island in Fiji for $15 million in 2005); and $75 million for film and TV projects for which Gibson, 55, executive produced.

Robyn Gibson will return to using her maiden name, Robyn Denise Moore, but other details of the divorce were kept confidential. The settlement becomes effective on Jan. 9.

Gibson, 55, and his wife married in Australia in 1980. They separated in 2006 after Gibson was arrested for drunken driving in Malibu, Calif., and made anti-Semitic remarks that generated headlines around the world.

The actor's wife sued for divorce in April 2009, citing irreconcilable differences following Gibson's relationship with Oksana Grigorieva, with whom he has a 2-year-old daughter.

The "Lethal Weapon" and "Mad Max" star pleaded no contest to misdemeanor battery following an altercation with Grigorieva in 2010, and was sentenced to three years' probation.

He recently settled a custody battle with his former girlfriend, agreeing to pay Grigorieva $750,000 and share custody of their daughter.

The Oscar winner's turbulent five years since his arrest and the anti-Semitic rant have tarnished his reputation and set back a remarkable career that had made him one of Hollywood's highest-paid actors, directors, and producers.
Robyn will walk away with half of his $850 million fortune, a payoff that will make it one of the biggest in Hollywood history.

Mel Gibson, who was married for 30 years, will also be required to hand over half of every future movie residual he brings home to his ex because the couple did not have a prenuptial agreement. In California, if there is no prenuptial agreement, spouses are legally entitled to half of everything earned during the marriage.

:o :o :o
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Mel Gibson Divorce Done: Wife Gets More Than $400 Million
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 11:28:03 AM »
Fuckin bullshit... Government should have no involvement in marriage or divorce.  Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 03:40:51 PM »
is this the broad he cussed out last year?

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 03:49:21 PM »
I remember he said he hoped she got raped by a pack of niggers.

Why niggers gotta run in packs doh?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 05:28:29 PM »
Generally I'll defend the male in this situation but with Mel Gibson I could really care less.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 08:11:19 PM »
Boo hoo, dude still has 400mil in the bank, AND he's still making movies.....

Think that's the gf after he left the wife.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 11:34:44 PM »
I always thought splitting it was a complete joke. To this day I still don't understand the physics behind it. Who came up with that?

But like Nutty just said, he was worth 800 million & still gets 400 million which is more than five+ generations need.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 07:59:07 PM »
No that's the new well now ex-gf.  She oughta get triple digit millions after the verbal tirade Mel gave her.

I always thought splitting it was a complete joke. To this day I still don't understand the physics behind it. Who came up with that?
A lot of women don't have careers cause they have children.  1 of the reasons why they get a lot or half is probably cause of all them deadbeat dads out there.  Leaving the woman & child to fend for themselves >:(

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 10:20:33 PM »
No that's the new well now ex-gf.  She oughta get triple digit millions after the verbal tirade Mel gave her.

A lot of women don't have careers cause they have children.  1 of the reasons why they get a lot or half is probably cause of all them deadbeat dads out there.  Leaving the woman & child to fend for themselves >:(
you could have a career and children what the fuck are you talking about  ::)

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 11:02:03 PM »
Getting married is the dumbest thing to do when you are a celebrity ... and I highly doubt Gibson is worth 800 million anyways , medias always exaggerate these stars worth.

The award of the week goes to Jordan , he gets married AGAIN after being financially raped in his 1st divorce...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 11:11:58 PM »
1 of the reasons why they get a lot or half is probably cause of all them deadbeat dads out there.  Leaving the woman & child to fend for themselves >:(

This. If they didn't have one standard, they'd have to leave it in the judges hands. And there are far more deadbeat dads out there than there are celebrity housewives.

Okka

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 01:04:48 AM »
Damn, that's so wrong.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 03:19:22 AM »
Get I highly doubt Gibson is worth 800 million anyways , medias always exaggerate these stars worth.

Among Gibson's estimated assets: more than $600 million grossed by the film "The Passion of the Christ" alone; $100-plus million in real estate investments worldwide (he bought an island in Fiji for $15 million in 2005); and $75 million for film and TV projects for which Gibson, 55, executive produced.
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 03:37:43 AM »
Getting married is the dumbest thing to do when you are a celebrity ... and I highly doubt Gibson is worth 800 million anyways , medias always exaggerate these stars worth.

The award of the week goes to Jordan , he gets married AGAIN after being financially raped in his 1st divorce...

I bet those bitches are slick like that. Making the man's life heaven and subtly implying to make his life hell if he doesn't marry them. You know how hot smart bitches get down. Sneaky evil cunts. Keep in mind they can always lie about being violated or raped or post private nude pics on twitter, etc

That, at least, is a better explanation to me than "all those highly successful men are just being complete retards".
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

V2DHeart

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 01:53:45 AM »
What I don't understand is if that spouses are legally entitled to half of everything earned during the marriage, then why will she also be getting half of all his future earnings and pay days?

That doesn't make sense
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>