Author Topic: yo trauma....... (lsd)  (Read 135 times)

Don Seer

yo trauma....... (lsd)
« on: January 29, 2003, 02:51:52 AM »
did you know the mama's and the papa's took a bucket of LSD to hawaii and were off their skulls when they wrote California Dreamin' (i saw it on VH1 special about them)

DPG4lyfe

Re:yo trauma....... (lsd)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2003, 03:27:47 AM »
did you know the mama's and the papa's took a bucket of LSD to hawaii and were off their skulls when they wrote California Dreamin' (i saw it on VH1 special about them)

LMAO jus for sum reazon taht waz funny LMAO. and that came out tight song too.

P.S. Seer checc ur PM!

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2003, 12:46:33 AM »
Yeah, LOL They were pretty heavy into it when they first started.  There's this awesome story about when they met Mama Cass... Michelle (ahhhh, mah belle) had never seen her, and they were sitting around listening to the beatles for the first time (LOL) and all strung out on acid.  It was the first night they had ever heard a beatles record, and they were sitting in the floor of this house waiting on Cass to show up (a friend of a friend), and it was raining and crap, lol and finally Cass busts through the door, and they were talking about how surreal of an experience it was (because she was so big, and colorful, and loud, and they were listening to the beatles, and just how strange the trip was)

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2003, 12:51:56 AM »
By the way, if you've ever heard their song "Creeque Alley" it tells a lot about how they got started, they sing about it.  The hook keeps going "And no one's gettin' Fat, Except Mama Cass" because they were so broke, LOL.

They mention that part you mentioned in the song, it goes

"Broke Busted, Disgusted, Agents Can't Be Trusted
And Mich'y Wants to Go To the Sea
Lets Go Then
Cass Can't Make It, So We Had To Fake it
We Knew She'd Come Eventually
We're Using An Express Card... blah blah blah

It's all about how they went to hawaii, and Cass wouldn't go, so they were waiting for her to get there, and Michelle had an american express card that they maxed out to live off of for a few months.  Michelle said she was sleeping one night, and John woke her up, and was like "HEY! I GOT THIS SONG!" and played her the opening line to California Dreamin, "All the Leaves Are Brown, And The Skies Are Grey" and that's all he had, and she was like "Ugh, that sucks" and went back to sleep, LOL.

Also, did you know, Michelle was sleeping with Denny, that's why John wrote "I Saw Her Again"; so Denny would have to play and sing it on stage everynight, as torture, lol.  Genius.

"I Saw her Again, last Night
You know that I shouldn't
To String her along's just not right
If I could then I wouldn't
But what can I Do?
I'm lonely Too
and it makes me feel so good to know
She'll never leave me"