Author Topic: Slim vs 50???  (Read 1417 times)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
Re: Slim vs 50???
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2012, 03:36:57 PM »
Yo LAC, 50 actually did go at Jay after his "I'm about a dollar what the fuck is 50 cent" line. "Be A Gentleman" was aimed at Jay.

Yo, no more freestyles and verses killin' Sticky and Ja
I've movin' on now, I got bigger fish to fry
Since 'How to Rob' a lot of niggas been naming names
Monkey see monkey do, I done changed the game
Still niggas acting like I don't get down or something
Like I aint the next nigga to wear the crown or something
You gonna talk about your chips till we run in your crib
And you gone ask dumb questions like "Can I Live?"
Look, If I shoot you, I'm famous
If you shoot me your brainless, you said it yourself
I'm slick enough to twist your lines and send them back at you

Swift enough to snatch the mack and pop that at you
Take it personal see if I won't send you to hell
I've done told Ton and Pok? they better have my bail
But if its over a mil don't put the crib up dun
Cause if 50 get free nigga, 50 gonna run

The whole verse is directed at Jay but the lines in bold really prove it without mentioning his name. I don't think Jay ever came back with a reply though

I don't follow Jay at all, so I wasn't interested in anything that came out from their beef. It does seem like a subliminal diss to Jay. Nice that you caught that. I remember seeing a video where 50 and Jay spoke about the issue and they both said it was nothing personal. So I just took it for what they said and forgot about it. It might have been one of those "BEEF" videos. I can't recall where I saw it.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Jimmy H.

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2012, 10:05:02 PM »
Yup, Jay came up to 50 before the show where he debuted that "Who the fuck is 50 Cent" line and said something about "I was feeling that record you did on me but you know, I need to get you back" and 50 said alright but was surprised when he did it, the same night.

Lucifuge

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2012, 05:35:24 AM »
Game is backseat cat, 50 is on the front, cant compare that shit.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

sofdark

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2012, 06:43:56 AM »
Yo LAC, 50 actually did go at Jay after his "I'm about a dollar what the fuck is 50 cent" line. "Be A Gentleman" was aimed at Jay.

Yo, no more freestyles and verses killin' Sticky and Ja
I've movin' on now, I got bigger fish to fry
Since 'How to Rob' a lot of niggas been naming names
Monkey see monkey do, I done changed the game
Still niggas acting like I don't get down or something
Like I aint the next nigga to wear the crown or something
You gonna talk about your chips till we run in your crib
And you gone ask dumb questions like "Can I Live?"
Look, If I shoot you, I'm famous
If you shoot me your brainless, you said it yourself
I'm slick enough to twist your lines and send them back at you

Swift enough to snatch the mack and pop that at you
Take it personal see if I won't send you to hell
I've done told Ton and Pok? they better have my bail
But if its over a mil don't put the crib up dun
Cause if 50 get free nigga, 50 gonna run

The whole verse is directed at Jay but the lines in bold really prove it without mentioning his name. I don't think Jay ever came back with a reply though

Great song btw. I remember downloading bunch of 50's freestyle and songs with kazaa (I think) and every song was fire.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2012, 08:56:34 AM »
A lot of knowledge dropped here, I tend to side with Jimmy H in the point of view that 50 had way too much buzz in the streets not to blow up whether he signed with Dre or not.
yes, there even was a bidding war going on, between labels
once people found out dre and em were tryin to sign him.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2012, 06:59:09 PM »
once people found out dre and em were tryin to sign him.
But it's kind of hard to divorce their involvement from the scenerio. 50 was blowing up. Let's just look at it like this. You don't blow up that quickly. It doesn't happen. If you look at Snoop and Em, they basically need to create the aura of being Robin to Dre's Batman. Em sold some records on that first project with is 2 or 3 Dre cuts mixed in with stuff from his own EP but the game changed once 2001 and Up In Smoke came along. "Marshall Mathers LP" was where Em became the biggest artist in the world and there is something he did with those Dre beats on that project that you had know it was something special. It didn't hurt him being white. Snoop came in 1991 with "Deep Cover", had every single on "The Chronic" then they gave him that whole album to do his thing. From an artist development point of view, both on a creative and marketing/promotion, 50 Cent was signed for like 7 months and then had the biggest debut in history. Let's also not forget he was originally supposed to drop in 4th quarter of 2002 but they pushed him back so they could keep pushing "8-mile". So yes, you can say all these labels wanted him because Dre got interested but if you're working on a label where you don't have Dre and Eminem to push the project, what is the value in signing him? Dre and Em were the perfect fit but I think 50 brought more to his own promotion than say, The Game did with his move. Now, granted, 50 was also a newcomer to the public but had the experience of a guy who'd been pushed around the industry for awhile so he had a little more to offer.