Author Topic: NBA Week 4 thread  (Read 2102 times)

Sccit

Re: NBA Week 4 thread
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 01:44:54 AM »
^i agree, but it's like peeps dont realize we havent been playin with our best pg....not saying we cant use another point guard, but peeps sayin "we need a pg bad!" because of the past couple games need to realize that we're playin without blake, who's actually been solid this year.

rayallen0

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 01:52:37 AM »
think you have issues? We are starting Kurt Thomas at Center.

maybe having Oden, Camby & Thomas as your centers is a bit risky.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 02:02:55 AM »
^i agree, but it's like peeps dont realize we havent been playin with our best pg....not saying we cant use another point guard, but peeps sayin "we need a pg bad!" because of the past couple games need to realize that we're playin without blake, who's actually been solid this year.

Steve Blake is a nice backup PG but we still need a superior PG to start and another scorer/playmaker from the bench to make things happened ... we were already one of the worst benches in term of overall production despite Blake solid play.

You can't expect to win road games against quality opponents with such poor depth ... and all our losses are mainly due to being owned by quick/athletic opponent perimeter play... we need to get younger and more athletic on the perimeter .. period.

You can't seriously watch these 1st 16 games and think our current roster has the potential to go to the Finals , let alone win it all ...

Constructive criticism doesn't make you less of a Lakers fan

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 02:57:48 AM »

Steve Blake is a nice backup PG but we still need a superior PG to start and another scorer/playmaker from the bench to make things happened ... we were already one of the worst benches in term of overall production despite Blake solid play.

You can't expect to win road games against quality opponents with such poor depth ... and all our losses are mainly due to being owned by quick/athletic opponent perimeter play... we need to get younger and more athletic on the perimeter .. period.

You can't seriously watch these 1st 16 games and think our current roster has the potential to go to the Finals , let alone win it all ...

Constructive criticism doesn't make you less of a Lakers fan

LOL, like the west is really THAT strong.. Oklahoma is the only team I see taking us out this year, and I think we have a good chance over them, considering Gasol+Bynum should shit on Perkins+Ibaka. ur acting like we don't have a good record, under these circumstances, and like we didn't just beat the world champs.......we could use a better point guard, but there are no DOMINANT teams right now that have a huge advantage over us. we shoulda beat the best team in the east, Chicago, as well (let that game slip away). but that's besides the point, the Heat and Thunder are beyond beatable, and the Clippers are not really ready to take it all the way.....calm down.

rayallen0

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 03:00:24 AM »
taking money on a 4 game sweep again  ;D

TROLOLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLOL

don't make Crash drop another 31 on you to make you realize how broken you are even with Blake.

*hides before nik gets pulls his gun out*

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 03:35:20 AM »

can't see stuff like that anywhere but the rose garden.

anyways like i said the more i can see a team close to me live crush the thunder and make them look like bitches the better.

That stuff is all inspired by the people who made the Sonicsgate movie..yeah Portland is a common spot because of proximity but the directors also showed up at game one of their playoff series against the Lakers and a playoff game the next year against the Nuggets. The shit's all organized and funded (aside from Portland) by them and thousands of Sonics fans on their website. I'm sure they'll pop up at a playoff game this year as well.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 03:37:23 AM by TheRemedy360Resurrection »

rayallen0

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 03:47:34 AM »
yes but i'm not flying to OKC to see that lol. I can drive to portland and see a game as i've done 5 times so far twice against the thunder.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 03:51:02 AM »
^ Those games were in LA and Denver, don't see them ever showing up to OKC, but I get it, my only objective was to discourage being a Blazer fan.

The Lakers need a real point guard. Fisher has a knack for hitting huge shots, no doubt, but as an everyday starting point guard he's just not good. It was one thing having him in the triangle, but in Mike Brown's unstructured offense there's not really a whole lot he can do. Lakers really got screwed by that CP3 trade, not only did they not get Paul, but they lost LO, making Artest their sixth man who hasn't been good on offense since he came to LA. This post isn't even as much about this game as it is the the beginning/rest of the season.

u do realize we played the last few games without steve blake, and got a rookie (darius morris) playing his minutes, right? not saying we set at point guard, but the void has been MUCH bigger without blake.

Yeah..I mentioned that in the Lakers section..they obviously won't be playing Morris much once Blake is healthy, but the point is neither of their point guards should be starters. Fisher isn't a play maker and is a huge liability on defense which will hurt them a lot come playoff time especially with OKC...last time they faced Westbrook was shitting on the Lakers until they put Kobe on him, and since then he (and the whole team) have only gotten better. Ideally they'll have adjusted to the new pieces/roles which will prevent them from an early playoff collapse like last year, but at this point the Thunder have a very legitimate shot at winning the West.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 03:52:43 AM by TheRemedy360Resurrection »

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2012, 03:57:11 AM »
^i thought they were more of a threat to us with Jeff Green...

rayallen0

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2012, 04:01:57 AM »
^ Those games were in LA and Denver, don't see them ever showing up to OKC, but I get it, my only objective was to discourage being a Blazer fan.

The Lakers need a real point guard. Fisher has a knack for hitting huge shots, no doubt, but as an everyday starting point guard he's just not good. It was one thing having him in the triangle, but in Mike Brown's unstructured offense there's not really a whole lot he can do. Lakers really got screwed by that CP3 trade, not only did they not get Paul, but they lost LO, making Artest their sixth man who hasn't been good on offense since he came to LA. This post isn't even as much about this game as it is the the beginning/rest of the season.

u do realize we played the last few games without steve blake, and got a rookie (darius morris) playing his minutes, right? not saying we set at point guard, but the void has been MUCH bigger without blake.

Yeah..I mentioned that in the Lakers section..they obviously won't be playing Morris much once Blake is healthy, but the point is neither of their point guards should be starters. Fisher isn't a play maker and is a huge liability on defense which will hurt them a lot come playoff time especially with OKC...last time they faced Westbrook was shitting on the Lakers until they put Kobe on him, and since then he (and the whole team) have only gotten better. Ideally they'll have adjusted to the new pieces/roles which will prevent them from an early playoff collapse like last year, but at this point the Thunder have a very legitimate shot at winning the West.

not gonna discourage me. I need a team to root for and its been the Blazers a team i can go see. There is no other team within a distance where i could see multiple games a year.

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, 04:18:09 AM »
Ray Allen will always be a Buck at heart..

rayallen0

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2012, 04:37:07 AM »
Ray Allen will always be a Buck at heart..
lolllll. no.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:38:43 AM by rayallen0 »

rayallen0

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2012, 04:56:26 AM »
osh

i found this old Slam magazine cover

Called that one right guys!

almost as good as this one

1/2 of that was right...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2012, 10:26:27 AM »
^I saw Telfair play in high school. 8)

But LMFAO @ him taking over the World.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2012, 01:36:43 PM »
^i thought they were more of a threat to us with Jeff Green...

Green is a nice player..but since then they got Perkins instead of softy Kristic, Ibaka is no longer a rookie, Harden is no longer a rookie, Westbrook has emerged as a star, and KD is KD. I would have much rather faced the the previous squad.