Author Topic: Nelson Mandela Calls George W. Bush A Racist  (Read 2108 times)

CWalker187

Nelson Mandela Calls George W. Bush A Racist
« on: January 31, 2003, 08:10:47 AM »
They need to throw Mandela back in jail for being so incredibly stupid.

Mandela Slams America

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa (Jan. 30) - Former President Nelson Mandela called President Bush arrogant and shortsighted and implied that he was racist for ignoring the United Nations in his zeal to attack Iraq.

In a speech Thursday, Mandela urged the people of the United States to join massive protests against Bush. Mandela called on world leaders, especially those with vetoes in the U.N. Security Council, to oppose him.

''One power with a president who has no foresight and cannot think properly, is now wanting to plunge the world into a holocaust,'' Mandela told the International Women's Forum.

Mandela also criticized Iraq for not cooperating fully with the weapons inspectors and said South Africa would support any action against Iraq that was supported by the United Nations.

White House spokesman Ari Fleischer responded to Mandela's criticism by pointing to a letter by eight European leaders reiterating their support of Bush.

''The president expresses his gratitude to the many leaders of Europe who obviously feel differently'' than Mandela, Fleischer said. ''He understands there are going to be people who are more comfortable doing nothing about a growing menace that could turn into a holocaust.''

A Nobel Peace Prize winner, Mandela has repeatedly condemned U.S. behavior toward Iraq in recent months and demanded Bush respect the authority of the United Nations. His comments Thursday, though, were far more critical and his attack on Bush far more personal than in the past.

''Why is the United States behaving so arrogantly?'' he asked. ''All that (Bush) wants is Iraqi oil,'' he said.

He accused Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair of undermining the United Nations and U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan, who is from Ghana.

''Is it because the secretary-general of the United Nations is now a black man? They never did that when secretary-generals were white,'' he said.

Mandela said the United Nations was the main reason there has been no World War III and it should make the decisions on how to deal with Iraq.

He said that the United States, which callously dropped atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, has no moral authority to police the world.

''If there is a country that has committed unspeakable atrocities in the world, it is the United States of America. They don't care for human beings,'' he said.

''Who are they now to pretend that they are the policemen of the world, the ones that should decide for the people of Iraq what should be done with their government and their leadership?'' he said.

He said Bush was ''trying to bring about carnage'' and appealed to the American people to vote him out of office and demonstrate against his policies.

He also condemned Blair for his strong support of the United States.

''He is the foreign minister of the United States. He is no longer prime minister of Britain,'' he said.

AP-NY-01-30-03 1308EST

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.  All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

Don Seer

Re: Nelson Mandela Calls George W. Bush A Racist
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2003, 08:22:43 AM »
yeah i heard about this yesterday.. crazy shit.. shits all fucked up.

ontherise

• 'G'
  • bringin a little graphic flavor to the board
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2003, 08:48:45 AM »
so your say mandela can't have his own opinon an personally i don't think that he is rasict just that he needs to open his eyes he really is ignorant sometimes a he mit lead this country to somewhere we don't want to be

Kaidy

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2003, 10:26:15 AM »
I agree with every word. Mandela is one of the greatest people of our time and he's 100% on point with those comments

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2003, 10:35:43 AM »
^ yeah... and whats also funny is... neither of them would dare say bad word against him.

Pimpdogg

• 'G'
  • weapon of mass seduction
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2003, 11:44:59 AM »
I've just come in here to say CWalker that is a great sig you have.

And how can Mandella say that Bush is going to war because Kofi Annan is black and he is undermining a black man? Colin Powell is the driving force behind Bush's war effort, and what colour is he?

Never surrender

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2003, 02:31:21 PM »
I agree with every word. Mandela is one of the greatest people of our time and he's 100% on point with those comments

I agree, except for the racist thing, I doubt bush is racist towards blacks, he is just not lisening to Mandela because his views are diffrent.

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2003, 06:24:17 PM »

I agree, except for the racist thing, I doubt bush is racist towards blacks, he is just not lisening to Mandela because his views are diffrent.

-{bLaDe}

Hell yeah.  Our Pres. is not a racist at all.  People make assumptions about him all the time...about his past with alcohol, whether or not he's a racist hick...it's all bullshit.  I love my President...I'd die for him anyday...

ontherise

• 'G'
  • bringin a little graphic flavor to the board
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2003, 10:08:51 PM »
die for him huh wow thats a bit to much

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2003, 11:16:46 PM »

100% agreement

and oh yeah pimpdogg.....powell is NOT the driving force behind a war with Iraq....the Rumsfelds, Cheneys, Wolkowitz are
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2003, 12:49:15 PM »
Paul Wolfkowitz, or whatever his fuckin name is...i think hes the deputy secretary of defence
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2003, 02:18:21 PM »
I'd die for him anyday...

lmao........jesus christ, wats tha world come to........

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Pimpdogg

• 'G'
  • weapon of mass seduction
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2003, 02:45:44 PM »

100% agreement

and oh yeah pimpdogg.....powell is NOT the driving force behind a war with Iraq....the Rumsfelds, Cheneys, Wolkowitz are

if powell isn't part of the driving force towards war, why is he presenting america's case for war to the UN on monday?  ???

Never surrender

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2003, 09:51:12 PM »
I'd die for him anyday...

lmao........jesus christ, wats tha world come to........

What the hell you talkin bout?