Author Topic: BG Knoccout Interview  (Read 186 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
BG Knoccout Interview
« on: January 19, 2012, 02:37:14 AM »
http://illuminati2g.com/site/2011/12/19/bg-knoccout-interview/

I2G kicked it with BG Knoccout for a exclusive interview. We discuss his new solo album, Eazy E's Protege, how the collabo track Blaze It Up came together with him, his brother Dresta and Tha Dogg Pound came together after years of beefing between the groups and much more so check it out.

Illuminati 2G is here with BG Knoccout, how's it going man?

I'm good what's going on with ya?

Not too much. You just recently dropped your new album entitled Eazy's Protege. Tell me about the album and how it came together for you.

The album has been in the making for a while now, for around 2 years, and recently I have just been going hard in the studio and got the album done. Everybody go on Itunes and pick the album up.

Do you have any videos set to drop from the album?

Yeah the first single is called In My Prime and the second song that I am thinking about doing..., well I actually shot a video for the song called Monster. But the next video on deck is for the song Compton on the album.

There is a rumor that came out that you are working with Dr. Dre. Any truth to that and when will the fans be able to check that out if it is true.

Yeah man we got something going on, in the background behind the scenes. I have been in contact with his son, Curtis Young and Eazy E's son, Lil E so we are trying to get something established on that end.

We are working on some things and hopefully when it drops it will be something real great for music and the west coast. Sometime in early 2012.

One thing I thought was not only great for you and Dresta but just good for hip hop was when you 2 did the song Blaze It Up with Tha Dogg Pound on Dogg Chit. Could you tell me how that track came together because I know you guys were beefing for a minute there, so it was dope to see yall squash it.

Back before I went to prison in the 90's, I had sat down with Snoop Dogg and Kurupt and we kinda squashed that little Death Row/Ruthless beef even way back then. But I never had the chance to meet with Daz for whatever reason and around the time I got out of prison, Daz was working with one of my partners.

When Daz came out with the So So Gangsta album, he had a in store down in Long Beach so I went down there to meet him for the first time. Once we met, he said we need to collab and do a song together.

What has the experience been like working on the 1st Generation album with all those west coast legends?

I could not believe it, when I first got over there because the studio is where Kurupt does most of his recording at. I just thought that it was a awesome thing to have all those great people in one studio coming together to make a record. You could feel the energy once you stepped in the room and it was a big plus and inspiration to me and I was very impressed with the records I heard.

I am on one of the tracks on the album and my brother Dresta is on another as well. I am not exactly sure what direction they are going with the album as far as distribution and releasing it, but it is definitely a great record.

Me and Kurupt have become great friends, Jayo Felony has been a longtime friend of mine, King T is a old buddy that I grew up with in Compton, he is older than me but he has known me basically all my life. Gangsta from The Comrads is a guy I have known for a long time.

That leads right into my next question. You mentioned Dresta earlier, is there any possibility of you and Dresta getting together and doing another group album?

Most definitely, me and my bro we gonna always work together. He is the oldest and I am the second oldest so we will always be working together. We do have a album Real Brothas 2 that is done, we are just getting everything mixed and mastered on it and then try and figure out when to release the album.

Dresta has a solo project getting ready to drop soon as well, but most definitely we are always going to work together.

What are your thoughts on west coast hip hop in 2011 and moving forward?

I am happy with some of the stuff I am seeing coming from the west coast. Glasses Malone is doing his thing, his album dropped, Jay Rock and Kendrick Lamar from Top Dawg doing they thing. These dudes inspire me because they are from the new generation of MC's from the west coast and they are really holding it down.

Looking at them youngsters it makes me proud. I think the industry as a whole, it needs to balance itself out, stop giving attention to just one genre or side of hip hop because it is universal. You have hip hop in alot of different forms and I just wish that it was even enough for everybody. I just hope for the west coast that we can make our mark again and let people know that we ain't going nowhere.

You worked with Eazy-E for a long time, just tell me one thing about him that maybe the fans or people in general would not know about him or got a different vibe or misperception about him.

Well I think one thing that people probably did not know about Eazy was that he had a very loving demeanor and character about him. I don't know if you ever known someone in your life that would just piss you off but no matter what you just cannot be mad at them for that long?

Yeah I know what you mean.

It's almost like the good overpowered you and you knew their intentions were good. I mean we had our differences at times but it wore off so fast it almost seemed like it never happened. He just had that overpowering vibe about him and even when the so called beef with Death Row was going on a lot of people don’t know this but Dre and Eazy lived down the street from each other in Calabasses.

They talked a lot during the time those diss records were on the air so they really did have a lot of love for each other, there was just a difference in opinion. He always had that level type of character, I guess that was something that he was born with.

What is your website information?

twitter.com/knoccie

www.knoccout.com/

http://www.facebook.com/bg.nation2

Alright well that is all the questions I have for you, appreciate you getting down for the interview. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

Yeah I want to shout out my brother, Dresta The Gangsta, EazyECPT.com, Iceberg, Shady Dope, everybody on the west, Kendrick, Jay Rock, G. Malone, Mack 10, Young Hoggs and everybody that is doing they thing. Hopefully you will see something big coming from the west coast by the middle of 2012, because we are bringing heat. Appreciate the interview too man, thank you.

arubiano83

Re: BG Knoccout Interview
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 03:00:42 AM »
nice read, thanks!!!

Okka

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 08:15:39 AM »
Thanks for postin' this. Would be dope to hear Knocc Out over a Dre beat. I'm lookin' forward to hearin' "Real Brothas 2" and the Dre'sta solo project.

2euce 7even

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 08:50:35 AM »
Thanks for postin' this. Would be dope to hear Knocc Out over a Dre beat. I'm lookin' forward to hearin' "Real Brothas 2" and the Dre'sta solo project.