Author Topic: Chris “The Glove” Taylor Talks Death Row, Aftermath and Dr. Dre (Part 2)  (Read 948 times)

KURUPTION-81

No doubt some of it is true but its like when your at work and you work with your manager on a project. when its done your manager gets the credit that's just how it goes.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Lucifuge

No doubt some of it is true but its like when your at work and you work with your manager on a project. when its done your manager gets the credit that's just how it goes.

Thats it!
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Jimmy H.

Guy at the top gets the credit. He also gets the blame.

HighEyeCue

nice read

disagree with him about the Firm and Aftermath albums, they didn't sell because they weren't that good

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
dope read. so insightful.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
nice read

disagree with him about the Firm and Aftermath albums, they didn't sell because they weren't that good
i think he has a point about the content of the aftermath compilation, people were expecting another chronic
sad what happened to chris though, dre should get it sorted out.

did you know that the beat from Hello was for King T first? i think chris brought it up in another interview too, last year
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 01:34:22 AM by From Dre-Day to Nate Day »

The Predator

In regards to the Hello beat, apparently Kool G Rap rhymed on it first using the same concept N.W.A. would.

Official or not:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=256241.0#msg2599887

So there's a King T version of it too, collecting dust in a vault most likely.

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Couple thins that's never consistent withese stories:

I believe Dre had those help, co production etc..

BUT
his sound stay consistent and when you hear those guys AFTER leaving Dre etc.... There beats NEVER been on par to what they sound like when they work with Dre.

Leads me to believe the final output the public hears is in fact Dre.
Sometime the stories come across as if the dope we hear was a full result of their skills and Dre just slapped his  name on there.

Dre did wrong by them and should've not done so, should fix it today.
But Dre is still that dude on PRODUCING hands down.

Matty

nice read

i think he has a point about the content of the aftermath compilation, people were expecting another chronic

did you know that the beat from Hello was for King T first? i think chris brought it up in another interview too, last year

too busy buying fake-ass ricky ross 100k watches to pay these dudes :laugh:

Hack Wilson - real

Like i been saying, Dre is a FRAUD. Never understood how people can respect this guy

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
In regards to the Hello beat, apparently Kool G Rap rhymed on it first using the same concept N.W.A. would.

Official or not:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=256241.0#msg2599887

So there's a King T version of it too, collecting dust in a vault most likely.
i still think thats not official, i know the beat is not exactly the same as the official instrumental, but ive heard mixtape songs with the same beat structure.
nice read

too busy buying fake-ass ricky ross 100k watches to pay these dudes :laugh:
the watcher part 3

Sccit

@ Cross Em Out .... I wouldn't call him a fraud ... he truly is one of hip-hop's greatest producers .... he's just had some help, like all of them. His only offense in my opinion is not crediting that "help" enough.

agreed....nowadays, he's overcompensating, though...songs like "Kush", "Topless", etc. are Dre productions and Dre is not even credited with co-production on 'em. Khalil even said "Kush" sounds nothing like what it did when he first gave it to Dre. Back in the days, Khalil woulda been lucky to see his named as a co-producer on that track. Also, "Dogg Food" was just as much a Dre production as "Doggystyle", but they gave Daz production credit to try and build him up as the next big producer for Death Row. It works both ways.

One2free

• Muthafuckin' OG
I think the Sixtine & Michelangelo is a good example. Ppl is ocming with concepts & stuff, & Dre is putting his touch. There's no doubt he surely took credits for 100% of work when he indeed did like 30 or 40% of it.
Now, main thing is HE is the one getting money from ppl like Jimmy Lovine. Wanna get paid? then must of put his name which is trust than put anyone name. Guess it works like this.

Get what Chris saying about Xxplosive song & what Dre told him for response. ahah

If not, I don't get it why many ppl done said it. Y everybody from DOC to Snoop damn saying Dre need to reunite with the ppl from back then. Look at what he put from now. Not the same vibe, not the same kind, not the magic that used to do it back then, that used to kick our ass.

That got to do something with it.

Will_B

U think Spymob got anything more than a session fee every time they played for N.E.R.D.?

People need to not overthink this Producer vs session musician thing.