Author Topic: NBA 11-12 Season discussion thread  (Read 1928 times)

rayallen0

Re: NBA 11-12 Season discussion thread
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2012, 01:12:38 AM »
ill just leave this here...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NwCJSHe3hzE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NwCJSHe3hzE</a>

Sccit

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2012, 05:13:44 AM »
what happened 2 remedy360? he awkwardly bumped some old thread of mine n then deleted his account....was one of the cooler posters here, but i can see why he'd bounce.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2012, 04:17:46 PM »
yo rayallen, you shook or somethin? lol@deleting your posts 'n shit. wtf? i wasn't even goin' hard on yo ass, son.
no i just felt that i was derailing the thread with arguments. you weren't going hard at all. it was a difference of opinions not really an win/lose situation. shook? really people talk like that over the internet? You can look i still said dirk had the ugliest game didn't delete the controversial post. just felt the others were pointless.

You've got to admit, deleting the posts after that weird last post of yours (can only see it through Nik's quote) seems pretty darn shook breda. Good to know you're alright, blood clot beef can make you a dead man, seen?

what happened 2 remedy360? he awkwardly bumped some old thread of mine n then deleted his account....was one of the cooler posters here, but i can see why he'd bounce.

Don't see the bumped thread, is it in the G-Spot or what? He'll probably be back like most niggas who leave for no real reason. Sucks cause we now just have like 6 regular NBA posters, lol..
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

rayallen0

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2012, 04:21:33 PM »
yo rayallen, you shook or somethin? lol@deleting your posts 'n shit. wtf? i wasn't even goin' hard on yo ass, son.
no i just felt that i was derailing the thread with arguments. you weren't going hard at all. it was a difference of opinions not really an win/lose situation. shook? really people talk like that over the internet? You can look i still said dirk had the ugliest game didn't delete the controversial post. just felt the others were pointless.

You've got to admit, deleting the posts after that weird last post of yours (can only see it through Nik's quote) seems pretty darn shook breda. Good to know you're alright, blood clot beef can make you a dead man, seen?

Don't see the bumped thread, is it in the G-Spot or what? He'll probably be back like most niggas who leave for no real reason. Sucks cause we now just have like 6 regular NBA posters, lol..

I was using exaggeration to make a point with the last post that people take shit very personally when there is a disagreement. I obviously wasn't quoting anybody.

A Question of Identity: The headline, the tweet, and the unfair significance of Jeremy Lin by Jay Caspian King - ESPN -http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7601157/the-headline-tweet-unfair-significance-jeremy-lin

also Anthony Federico responds to hislin  story
I wrote the headline in reference to the tone of the column and not to Jeremy Lin’s race. It was a lapse in judgment and not a racist pun. It was an awful editorial omission and it cost me my job.

I owe an apology to Jeremy Lin and all people offended. I am truly sorry.

Actions speak louder than words. My words may have hurt people in that moment but my actions have always helped people. If those who vilify me would take a deeper look at my life they would see that I am the exact opposite of how some are portraying me.

They would see that on the day of the incident I got a call from a friend – who happens to be homeless – and rushed to his aid. He was collapsed on the side of the road due to exposure and hunger. They would see how I picked him up and got him a hotel room and fed him. They would see I used my vacation time last year to volunteer in the orphanages of Haiti. They would see how I ‘adopted’ an elderly Alzheimer’s patient and visited him every week for a year. They would see that every winter I organize a coat drive for those less fortunate in New Haven. They would see how I raised $10,000 for a friend in need when his kids were born four months premature. They would see how I have worked in soup kitchens and convalescent homes since I was a kid. They would see my actions speak louder than my words. They would see that these acts were not done for my glory, but for God’s. They would see that each day I live and will continue to live a life of joy and service.

It never has been or will be my intention to hurt anyone.

I wrote thousands and thousands and thousands of headlines in my five years at ESPN. There never was a problem with any of them and I was consistently praised as an employee – both personally and professionally. Two weeks prior to the incident I had my first column published on espnW.com. My career was taking off. Why would I throw that all away with a racist pun? This was an honest mistake.

It is also crucial that people know that the writer of the column had nothing to do with the headline. I wrote it and now I take responsibility for it.

I am actually a Knicks fan and an ardent supporter of Jeremy Lin. Not surprisingly, he has handled the entire situation with grace and class.

Now I have to find a new job and move on with my life.

My solace in this is that ‘all things work together for good for those who love the Lord.’ I praise God equally in the good times and the bad times.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2012, 04:16:41 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-a3u7b4Pn7Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-a3u7b4Pn7Q</a>
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2012, 04:23:07 AM »
blake griffin is UNREAL sometimes....i just wish he'd learn to play better defense but hes young

rayallen0

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2012, 12:24:14 PM »
impressed with Pau last night. Great effort and you could tell he was noticeably proud/happy after the game. Good to see a reaction like that.

rayallen0

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2012, 04:52:52 PM »
"I love to learn, which is why I love what Lin is doing [...] the process can be painful."  Great Read
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7595841/nba-jeremy-lin-race-lessons-learned

The only time the NFL is jealous of the NBA: International popularity of Lin cements NBA's role as global sport
http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/wilbon-120223/international-popularity-jeremy-lin-cements-nba-role-global-sport

"The tensions are the consequence of an original fault line in a country founded on an ideal of equality that did not exist in reality" #Lin

"Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned." - Twain, referenced in another good article
http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/bryant-120222/the-jeremy-lin-phenomenon-opportunity-revisit-race-fairness-issues

rayallen0

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2012, 06:09:29 PM »
Nice breakdown of how to guard Jeremy Lin (and all PG's off pick & roll): http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/18108/how-to-guard-jeremy-lin
 only read if you actually know ball.

rayallen0

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2012, 07:07:52 PM »
With all the PG talent in the NBA (Rose, Westbrook, Deron, Rondo, Parker, Jennings, Kyrie, Lin, etc), Nash still plays it the best. CP3 next.
That's not to say he's the best PG but he plays the position the best. Two different things. Oh, and speaking offense only of course haha
He's still unreal offensively. 50/40/90 shooting %
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:12:06 PM by rayallen0 »

rayallen0

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2012, 07:38:30 PM »
Spacing & angles are the most important things in basketball. Add athletic ability & being a warrior/winner and you make the best players

rayallen0

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2012, 02:11:56 AM »
Really weird to think that Pau Gasol and Serge Ibaka are teammates on the Spanish National team

Watching the game and never thought I'd say this phrase but...Chris Webber should stick to making beats.

Harden is talking that ish to Kobe right now! Hahahah. And giving it to the Lakers on offense and defense. Love his game.

Zombie Sonics taking the Lakers' soul right now. One of those changing of the guard games you remember years later

Commentator keeps trying to get Westbrook & KD to admit it's a big win. They play it off as just another game. Clear shot @ the Lakers

Darius Morris, Kapono, Josh McRoberts, Troy Murphy, Andrew Goudelock, Royal Ivey, Ryan Reid, Cole Aldrich, Reggie Jackson, Harden ended game. aside from Harden, who is All Star caliber, that's an insane collection of players to be on the court at one time hahaha

4-15 and then 7-24? Meanwhile, Bron damn near averaging a triple double. Just saying.

This bootleg LA Live that Orlando has looks kinda fresh

The Heat have found the cure to LeBron's 4th quarter issues. Just win by double digits every game and remove that out the equation

Steve Kerr on Derrick Williams' dunk contest chances: "we should get some Duke players out there to use as props.

I'm dyin. I love NBA On TNT ahaha

rayallen0

« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2012, 03:30:49 AM »
The Secretary Of Education for Obama's cabinet just dropped one of the best dimes of the season. aaaaand J. Cole blew the layup though.

it's all fun and games until someone fouls Nick Anderson and he has to shoot free throws...

Kevin Hart with the alley oop to J. Cole! That was actually dope. Go head fellas

hahaha @ Kevin Hart getting ejected. very Globetrotter-esque but I chuckled. Good show

J. Cole just swatted the hell outta Common at the buzzer hahaha. Drake just nodded silently somewhere.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2012, 07:11:58 PM »
smh@Love of all niggas winning the 3pt contest. pathetic ... smh@durant and jones
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

rayallen0

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2012, 12:00:24 AM »
Barkely: "It's gonna be very difficult for Westbrook to win the Skills Challenge cause you have to pass the ball"

woah, super dope Kanye/Hov/NBA All Star Saturday Night mash up created by the TNT production team using the "paris" video.

Chris Tucker stays at events like this without doing anything relevant in a decade

Allan Houston sighting! One of my favorite players ever with the smoothest jumper I can think of

Kevin Harlan: "Kenny looks like he's lost a little weight." Reggie Miller: "...very little"

Kenny practices half court shots...you can't convince me otherwise

my guy Allan Houston for the win!!!! Still a better shooter than 75% of the league, easy.

yo speaking of Allan Houston, how many of y'all remember "Black and White" with Raekwon?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/heLsk6jv_hk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/heLsk6jv_hk</a>

just one year, i'd like to see these guards actually RUN in the skills challenge

at this point in the night, i'd just like to remind everyone that Tony Parker cheated on Eva Longoria

James Jones just showed em how it's done. Shooters know: whenever you release and immediately look away to the next ball, you're rolling

Dwyane Wade rocking the same leather...sorry, brushed suede...pants as fake John Leguizamo in the State Farm commercial

disappointing performances in the 3 point shootout aside from a few 1st round scores. At least they were close though

this slam dunk contest has all the makings of an utter disaster...here goes nothin...

so far, this dunk contest has started with Flo-Rida and then some dub step o_O

wait, Flo-Rida, dub-step, and then some random Brit-pop rapper? Someone should be fired over this monstrosity.

Ahahaha @ Diddy just stunting on Kenny

Chase with the Billy Hoyle outfit!!!!

If Chase jumps over Diddy and takes him out, this will all be worth it

*patiently waiting for someone to actually jump over a shark in this dunk contest*

That Jeremy Evans dunk was amazing though. Don't front

I'm a sucker for flashing lights (noKanye). That George dunk just looked cool as shit. Not mad at all at that one

Great dunk from Williams too. Three fantastic dunks in a row after all the props in the 1st round

"It's funny how people compare Jordan to Jesus, I mean hes awesome but he's no Jordan"

Derrick Williams is totally winning the Rebounding Contest.