Author Topic: Jeremy Lin  (Read 1783 times)

TheRemedy360Ressurection

Re: Jeremy Lin
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 07:36:40 PM »
^ I dono, when they traded AI people on the team (including Melo) were talking about how Billups was going to provide a needed leadership presence. Melo is a great player, but he's never really struck me as the type of guy that people gravitate towards..

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 07:39:04 PM »
yeah ive never seen Melo as a leader

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 09:19:19 PM »
^ I dono, when they traded AI people on the team (including Melo) were talking about how Billups was going to provide a needed leadership presence. Melo is a great player, but he's never really struck me as the type of guy that people gravitate towards..

yea, but he was their star and the main focus of the team.... if Melo played for a team with a strong coach and a good system that fit his style of play, he would succeed. he's playin in a system that is horrible for his game, and d'antoni is a really bad coach at adjusting. melo is not as bad as he's currently lookin on the knicks.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:05:23 PM by NIKCC »

Javii

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 12:33:50 PM »
For whatever it's worth, I remember reading an article showing that when Anthony was on the floor every single player had become a better play with the Nuggets.  I have a feeling NIK is right, this just isn't the system Anthony is strives in. 

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 12:36:00 PM »
For whatever it's worth, I remember reading an article showing that when Anthony was on the floor every single player had become a better play with the Nuggets.  I have a feeling NIK is right, this just isn't the system Anthony is strives in. 

think about how much farther the nuggets would of gone if melo stayed last year.

george karl is a great coach

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

rayallen0

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 02:10:03 PM »

think about how much farther the nuggets would of gone if melo stayed last year.

they actually started doing better once he left. But in the playoffs a player like Melo is crucial to have. you have to have a player to take over the game.
look at all the teams that have won it since the century break.
Mavericks (Dirk)
Lakers (Kobe)
Lakers (Kobe)
Celtics (Pierce)
Spurs (Parker)
Heat (Wade)
Spurs (Duncan)
Pistons (Billups)
Spurs (Duncan)
Lakers (Shaq)
Lakers (Shaq)
Lakers (Shaq)

you have to have that player that can take over. Nuggets don't have that right now. Alot of great pieces but in crunch time no one player to take over the game.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 02:17:25 PM »

they actually started doing better once he left. But in the playoffs a player like Melo is crucial to have. you have to have a player to take over the game.
Mavericks (Dirk)
Lakers (Kobe)
Lakers (Kobe)
Celtics (Pierce)
Spurs (Parker)
Heat (Wade)
Spurs (Duncan)
Pistons (Billups)
Spurs (Duncan)
Lakers (Shaq)
Lakers (Shaq)
Lakers (Shaq)

you have to have that player that can take over. Nuggets don't have that right now. Alot of great pieces but in crunch time no one player to take over the game.

yea they played great since he left, but that doesnt mean it couldnt of happened with him still there, he had a great situation in denver much better than NYC. i mean NY is a better place to live, but how can u give up winnning?

and exactly they need that go to player thatll bail them out.

nuggets could of easily been 2 or 3rd shit mayb even 1st seed this year. considering all the veteran teams are all getting older, and their the only veteran team thats still youthful.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

rayallen0

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 03:26:49 PM »
Mayweather always a class act. on lin
"Lin is good but all the hype is because he's Asian. Black players do that every night & don't get the same praise"

Wade, Lebron, Durant, Kobe, Rose & Paul not getting enough praise for you?

God Mayweather is a fucking ignorant retard. dude was a bench warmer to a star and more points in his first 5 starts than any other player. but no it is because he is asian. classy.

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 05:06:02 PM »

Mavericks (Dirk)
Lakers (Kobe)
Lakers (Kobe)
Celtics (Pierce)
Spurs (Parker)
Heat (Wade)
Spurs (Duncan)
Pistons (Billups)
Spurs (Duncan)
Lakers (Shaq)
Lakers (Shaq)
Lakers (Shaq)

don't sleep on Gallo...... 8)

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 05:07:16 PM »
Mayweather always a class act. on lin
"Lin is good but all the hype is because he's Asian. Black players do that every night & don't get the same praise"

Wade, Lebron, Durant, Kobe, Rose & Paul not getting enough praise for you?

God Mayweather is a fucking ignorant retard. dude was a bench warmer to a star and more points in his first 5 starts than any other player. but no it is because he is asian. classy.

he's 50% right...the hype wouldn't be as big as it is if Lin weren't Asian. not sayin it wouldn't be a cool story, but not as hyped as it is now.

rayallen0

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 05:22:07 PM »
a bench warmer doing better in his 1st 5 starts than any other player in the history of the nba?  :o

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 05:30:18 PM »
^trust me, i'm as happy about Linsanity as anyone, as I picked him up for my fantasy team...

butttt...Mike D'Antoni's system is definitely helpin those numbers out. of course, he's talented, but those numbers are inflated.

Javii

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 07:34:37 PM »
Let's cut the bullshit too though, Lin would have gone to a Division I school if he was black or white.  And he wouldn't have gotten the attention because he wouldn't have to battle his way to a starting role like he did. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 07:39:17 PM »
Let's cut the bullshit too though, Lin would have gone to a Division I school if he was black or white.  And he wouldn't have gotten the attention because he wouldn't have to battle his way to a starting role like he did. 

Harvard is D-1.

If you mean an elite D-1 school like Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc., I mean I guess you could always make that argument. But in all reality, not to play sterotypes, but he would have a different role if he was Black or White. White guards in college shoot & Black guards in college drive. I watched Lin at Harvard. He was really good there & deservingly so got drafted.

Javii

• 'G'
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 07:45:02 PM »

Harvard is D-1.

If you mean an elite D-1 school like Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc., I mean I guess you could always make that argument. But in all reality, not to play sterotypes, but he would have a different role if he was Black or White. White guards in college shoot & Black guards in college drive. I watched Lin at Harvard. He was really good there & deservingly so got drafted.

Yeah sorry, a top Division I school. He was a high level high school recruit out of California.  And then in College, he was also seen as an elite player but wasn't taken serious because of competition even though advance stats suggested otherwise.  It's the "moneyball" effect. People are still wanting to buy players to sell jeans instead of buying players that are actually good.  It doesn't matter how they look.  3% of the adult population is taller than 6'2, yet 30% of Fortune 500 CEO's are taller than 6'2.  This is just human psychology, and damn straight Jeremy Lin is just another example of this.