Author Topic: Jeremy Lin  (Read 1784 times)

Sccit

Re: Jeremy Lin
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 07:45:14 PM »
Let's cut the bullshit too though, Lin would have gone to a Division I school if he was black or white.  And he wouldn't have gotten the attention because he wouldn't have to battle his way to a starting role like he did. 

exactly....the asian thing works both ways.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 08:02:42 PM »
Let's cut the bullshit too though, Lin would have gone to a Division I school if he was black or white.  And he wouldn't have gotten the attention because he wouldn't have to battle his way to a starting role like he did. 

Harvard is D-1.

If you mean an elite D-1 school like Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc., I mean I guess you could always make that argument. But in all reality, not to play sterotypes, but he would have a different role if he was Black or White. White guards in college shoot & Black guards in college drive. I watched Lin at Harvard. He was really good there & deservingly so got drafted.

I thought he was undrafted?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 08:15:30 PM »

Harvard is D-1.

If you mean an elite D-1 school like Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc., I mean I guess you could always make that argument. But in all reality, not to play sterotypes, but he would have a different role if he was Black or White. White guards in college shoot & Black guards in college drive. I watched Lin at Harvard. He was really good there & deservingly so got drafted.

I thought he was undrafted?

Excuse me. You're right. He did go undrafted. I just meant he got a chance to play in the big leagues.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 11:47:27 PM »

exactly....the asian thing works both ways.

if he were white or black he'd prob go to a much better school with basketball history.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2012, 08:24:02 AM »
Mayweather called him out for being asain.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2012, 09:20:57 AM »
I'm a big Mayweather fan but that comment was fuckin stupid

the Lin story isn't just because he's playing great for an asian but because he came off as an underdog type player as well... I mean seriously the way he killed the Lakers nobody would of seen that coming... Dude has potential and every player in the NBA has a few bad nights... i want to see what the media is going to say when he has his string of bad nights and see how many people say he was just a "fluke"

personally i think the kid has potential to be a major star/player within the next few years
The West is Back

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2012, 09:29:51 AM »
I think if he was black & went to Harvard he'd still get the attention. I think he's only the fourth player ever to play out of Harvard.

But then again, if he was that good & black, he probably would have been at UNC & a top draft pick. Javii has a point in that respect.

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2012, 09:59:59 AM »
I'm a big Mayweather fan but that comment was fuckin stupid

the Lin story isn't just because he's playing great for an asian but because he came off as an underdog type player as well... I mean seriously the way he killed the Lakers nobody would of seen that coming... Dude has potential and every player in the NBA has a few bad nights... i want to see what the media is going to say when he has his string of bad nights and see how many people say he was just a "fluke"

personally i think the kid has potential to be a major star/player within the next few years

u gotta realize though, him being asian does add a whole lot to the hype and the curiosity people have in his game....

Javii

• 'G'
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2012, 10:10:43 AM »
I think if he was black & went to Harvard he'd still get the attention. I think he's only the fourth player ever to play out of Harvard.

But then again, if he was that good & black, he probably would have been at UNC & a top draft pick. Javii has a point in that respect.

Yeah, obviously what Mayweather said wasn't that bright.  He's just always going to have that mentality that black people always get ignored which I don't agree completely but is understandable. He makes an unintended point though.  

This is from a NY Times Article,

"Some coaches have wondered whether Lin, who is of Taiwanese descent, did not receive a closer look by recruiters because of his ethnicity. Coaches have said recruiters, in the age of who-does-he-remind-you-of evaluations, simply lacked a frame of reference for such an Asian-American talent. "

Lacking a frame of reference is just BS talk of saying we weren't too confident in going with an Asian-American.  

Javii

• 'G'
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2012, 10:12:19 AM »

I mean seriously the way he killed the Lakers nobody would of seen that coming

A lot of people did. Lakers very next game, Calderon put up a career high in Pts in 30.  It has a lot to do with Lakers needing a better PG right now. 

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2012, 10:16:21 AM »
to be honest, i also thought lin sucked after i seen this earlier in the season:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/F0WIdDmqOV4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/F0WIdDmqOV4</a>

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2012, 12:24:52 PM »
to be honest, i also thought lin sucked after i seen this earlier in the season:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/F0WIdDmqOV4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/F0WIdDmqOV4</a>

u should of seen him last year in golden state

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2012, 12:33:47 PM »
^i did...he never looked special, at all. thats why i was sorta shocked by this whole emergence. that layup really made me think he was awful, though.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2012, 12:55:14 PM »
^i did...he never looked special, at all. thats why i was sorta shocked by this whole emergence. that layup really made me think he was awful, though.

i thought he had potential after the summer camp games, but when i saw him play in golden state i thought he was done and couldnt play bball at this level.

but btw mark jackson is a horrible coach, did u guys hear his coaching on "the wire" shit he talks a whole bunch of nonsense.

lol i remember the first game he goes "u guys sucks, we know that, but" lol dude didnt talk any X' n O's he just gave them a useless inspirational speech.

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2012, 12:59:17 PM »

lol i remember the first game he goes "u guys sucks, we know that"

lmao