Author Topic: Daz Dillinger  (Read 1134 times)

Will_B

Re: Daz Dillinger
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 01:46:56 PM »
I haven't really like many of his beats after Dogg Chit.
That's when Daz gets hungry...and I don't mean for Corn Doggs lol

who the fuck eats corn dogs?

is that what u euro's eat?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pun

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 01:57:37 PM »
your sense of humor is inadequate

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 03:33:13 PM »
daz knows the people who buy his new albums only want to hear that old g funk sound he used to make on death row, yet he keeps making music like he has some new fan base that wants him to e1volve. like what is he doing every album changing his sound, sounds NOTHING like 90's hip hop. But thats all we wanna hear! the same old shit, but the shit you made in the 90's

have you listened to his last 3 albums ?? not that they're brilliant but the 90's sound you're craving for is all over it. the only album i can dig out of those 3 is public enemiez but they all have a 90's sound.

Daz is nothing more then a emo suicidal crack head, who rips off fans and gets into fights with people on forums, including dedicating his time to making, editing, uploading, and linking said video to people whos comments were maybe less then a sentence long. Dogg Pound Gangster? more like just fucking failure. Daz couldn't drum up anything for his albums without Dre, Snoop, or Kurupt. Outta the entire DPG Family Daz remains the failure of the group. Has even a single Daz album gone Platinum?  Doesn't amaze me anyone who thinks "38", and dresses like the next generation wasn't built for success in any shape or form.

If anything I've said here is wrong, correct me.

it's not about being wrong or right, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. there are bigger failures than Daz IMO. people gotta realize that Daz was limited from the start, he was never cut to be a superstar, but he has made bumpable music throughout his career. a lot of his shit now sounds corny and immature but there's a decent amount that also sounds pretty good IMO. he has found a working formula when he puts the right amount of effort into it. he surrounds himself with potent co-producers. no Daz album has gone platinum, but no Kurupt album has done it either. and Daz isn't a frontman, and he emerged as a solo artist when g-funk music was ebbing commercially speaking.

i don't think he's a failure in terms of grind and reputation. dude has managed to last 20 years in the game and kept himself visible, and over the last years (08-12) he's been active in the studio with the likes of Rick Ross, Curren$y, T.I., Young Jeezy, Freddie Gibbs, Z-Ro, 8ball & MJG, Swizz Beats. so considering his somewhat limited skills (at rappin') i'd say Daz has had a nice career and has managed to last 20 years and develop a fan base (mostly made up of eurostans, granted lol)

there's a lot of argument we can use to shit on Daz (illiterate/ignorant, e-banger, hustles his fan outta their money lol) but a failure ? you seem to have high standards.

1. I Don't crave the "90s" sound, I want a good fucking record.
2. Kurupt has at the very least critical respect for his rhyming ablities, even if they fell off hard over the past couple of years
3. Almost all those people you mentioned, almost everyone hates except fucking white people from the suburbs.
4. What Fan Base? He sucks so much he can't even get distribution for some of his albums, if he was gonna make it he would of made it back in the 90s.
5. 20 Years in the game doesn't mean shit, if your releases can't even make GOLD much less sell over 1000. 

The only thing I'll give Daz is hes managed to release multiple albums with little to no support, while Crooked I has Shady Records behind him and he still shooting blanks.

Half these motherfuckers are pushing 40 and almost all of em don't even push a quality product no more. I don't get why people continue to support them? I mean you know your fucked up when the song "Friday" by Rebecca Black blew up more then you.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 04:00:27 PM »
if ur talking about records, crooked isnt shooting blanks....he hasn't even put a bullet into the chamber yet lol

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 04:09:21 PM »
Daz got talent but plenty of his stuff sounds goofy or cheap. Public Enemiez was a good project, he can still put out dope underground stuff but that's when he's focused on quality (no surprise that project came out when all the buzz was getting directed towards Kurupt n Quiks album).

*fixed

You finally got something right tho

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 04:09:52 PM »
daz knows the people who buy his new albums only want to hear that old g funk sound he used to make on death row, yet he keeps making music like he has some new fan base that wants him to e1volve. like what is he doing every album changing his sound, sounds NOTHING like 90's hip hop. But thats all we wanna hear! the same old shit, but the shit you made in the 90's

maybe the reason is because daz doesn't give a fuck about you

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 04:22:31 PM »
^^^

most likely

it's not like he knows us personally lol

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 04:43:21 PM »
Daz is nothing more then a emo suicidal crack head, who rips off fans and gets into fights with people on forums, including dedicating his time to making, editing, uploading, and linking said video to people whos comments were maybe less then a sentence long. Dogg Pound Gangster? more like just fucking failure. Daz couldn't drum up anything for his albums without Dre, Snoop, or Kurupt. Outta the entire DPG Family Daz remains the failure of the group. Has even a single Daz album gone Platinum?  Doesn't amaze me anyone who thinks "38", and dresses like the next generation wasn't built for success in any shape or form.

Plenty of what you said is wrong, sir. As far as I can tell from knowing Daz for about 8 years, he is neitehr suicidal nor on crack, just on a LOT of marijuana.

Also, from a business perspective, Daz is far from the biggest failure out of DPG, he has an extensive catalog that he's owned independently for over a decade and that he makes good money on every month (I know, I work with the distribution company (EMPIRE) that distributes all of his music) on a consistent basis.

I'm surprised to see so many of the "stuck in the 90's" people complaining about Daz, since he's probably one of the guys out of the crew that stayed true to his sound the most in all these years..

I'm not saying I liked everything he did and yes a lot of times quantity seemed to matter more to him than quality but as a fan of West Coast music I think you should be more than satisfied with what Daz has delivered in his 20 year career.

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 06:07:34 PM »
Daz is nothing more then a emo suicidal crack head, who rips off fans and gets into fights with people on forums, including dedicating his time to making, editing, uploading, and linking said video to people whos comments were maybe less then a sentence long. Dogg Pound Gangster? more like just fucking failure. Daz couldn't drum up anything for his albums without Dre, Snoop, or Kurupt. Outta the entire DPG Family Daz remains the failure of the group. Has even a single Daz album gone Platinum?  Doesn't amaze me anyone who thinks "38", and dresses like the next generation wasn't built for success in any shape or form.

Plenty of what you said is wrong, sir. As far as I can tell from knowing Daz for about 8 years, he is neitehr suicidal nor on crack, just on a LOT of marijuana.

Also, from a business perspective, Daz is far from the biggest failure out of DPG, he has an extensive catalog that he's owned independently for over a decade and that he makes good money on every month (I know, I work with the distribution company (EMPIRE) that distributes all of his music) on a consistent basis.

I'm surprised to see so many of the "stuck in the 90's" people complaining about Daz, since he's probably one of the guys out of the crew that stayed true to his sound the most in all these years..

I'm not saying I liked everything he did and yes a lot of times quantity seemed to matter more to him than quality but as a fan of West Coast music I think you should be more than satisfied with what Daz has delivered in his 20 year career.

I live on the west coast, you ask anyone they don't know who the fuck Daz is.They know who Snoop is, nate dogg, fucking Kurupt even.  The highest hes sold was a Gold album on Death Row, Its not like he was some Independent rapper, hell Techn9ne has sold more and he didn't have half the connection Daz should have. The People who are stuck in the 90s are failures too. Nothing of what I said was wrong.

Daz has clearly shown to be a Emo, his videos show this. He did crack, he fucked over his fans by accepting their money but not sending em CDs they payed for, he gets into fights when ever he posted on the forums, and he has fucking video titled dubcc. Hes a fucking failure, the only thing that keeps him from being a completely bigger failure was the lack of sock puppets.

Owning your own catalog doesn't mean shit if said catalog can't sell for shit. As a fan of west coast music, Daz became a lost cause to the scene in the 2000s, and unlike all of his other counter-parts who are slowly pushing newer talent by mentoring up and coming MCs, Daz still acts like hes 20 years old and doesn't do shit besides release crappy release after crappy release. Retirement must not be in his 3rd grade vocabulary.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 06:25:31 PM »
Daz is nothing more then a emo suicidal crack head, who rips off fans and gets into fights with people on forums, including dedicating his time to making, editing, uploading, and linking said video to people whos comments were maybe less then a sentence long. Dogg Pound Gangster? more like just fucking failure. Daz couldn't drum up anything for his albums without Dre, Snoop, or Kurupt. Outta the entire DPG Family Daz remains the failure of the group. Has even a single Daz album gone Platinum?  Doesn't amaze me anyone who thinks "38", and dresses like the next generation wasn't built for success in any shape or form.

I live on the west coast, you ask anyone they don't know who the fuck Daz is.They know who Snoop is, nate dogg, fucking Kurupt even.  The highest hes sold was a Gold album on Death Row, Its not like he was some Independent rapper, hell Techn9ne has sold more and he didn't have half the connection Daz should have. The People who are stuck in the 90s are failures too. Nothing of what I said was wrong.

Daz has clearly shown to be a Emo, his videos show this. He did crack, he fucked over his fans by accepting their money but not sending em CDs they payed for, he gets into fights when ever he posted on the forums, and he has fucking video titled dubcc. Hes a fucking failure, the only thing that keeps him from being a completely bigger failure was the lack of sock puppets.

Owning your own catalog doesn't mean shit if said catalog can't sell for shit. As a fan of west coast music, Daz became a lost cause to the scene in the 2000s, and unlike all of his other counter-parts who are slowly pushing newer talent by mentoring up and coming MCs, Daz still acts like hes 20 years old and doesn't do shit besides release crappy release after crappy release. Retirement must not be in his 3rd grade vocabulary.

+1

daz doesnt even respect his european fanbase, remember when he was making fun of french ppl?

will b was crying for days

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 06:41:14 PM »
Where's sokka got to?

doublee313

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 07:39:20 PM »

I live on the west coast, you ask anyone they don't know who the fuck Daz is.They know who Snoop is, nate dogg, fucking Kurupt even.  The highest hes sold was a Gold album on Death Row, Its not like he was some Independent rapper, hell Techn9ne has sold more and he didn't have half the connection Daz should have. The People who are stuck in the 90s are failures too. Nothing of what I said was wrong.

Daz has fucked over producers (Mike Dean), his fans (ripped me off 2 CDs on his old site), and no one will work with him.  So So Def was a great opportunity, however he even fucked that up.  Something is clearly wrong with him.  Every You Tube video he's smoking a shit load of weed and the shit is so old.

Thankfully he left us with a good catalog from the past so we can just enjoy that.   

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2012, 07:59:10 PM »
yeah Daz seems to LOVE ripping off his fans

and dude wonders why his career hasn't progressed one bit

Smokin Briccz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 10:33:34 PM »

Hack Wilson - real