Author Topic: Who's to blame for lack of star power in the Slam Dunk Contest?  (Read 1943 times)

PLANT

Who's to blame for lack of star power in the Slam Dunk Contest?
« on: February 19, 2012, 05:22:17 PM »
The NBA?  Or the players?

Do the stars turn down the opportunity?  Or does the NBA try to promote rookies and lesser known players?

The champ should have to defend the title, IMO.  And why cant we have Westbrook, LeBron, etc? 

Im tired of the bullshit lineups for this event.  Looks like another Snooze fest  :sleep:

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Who's to blame for lack of star power in the Slam Dunk Contest?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 05:23:29 PM »
Al Gore

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 05:24:01 PM »
Heres an idea;

Start including players names on the actual All-Star ballot for these events.  Put like 15 guys on the list for the Dunk and 3 Point contest and have the fans vote the same way they vote for the game.  

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 05:24:57 PM »
Al Gore wouldnt turn down the opportunity to take off from the free throw line ;D

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 05:28:22 PM »
i honestly like the nonames being in it

last year with blake being rigged was retarded....Serge had the best dunk of the night and got like a 45 or some shit

PLANT

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 05:30:42 PM »
no name or not, I just want to see the best dunkers in the league go at it....and clearly, that doesnt happen.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 05:32:42 PM »
The stars don't want to do it anymore. The days of MJ, Kobe, VC, etc participating seem to be done. LeBron bitching out after declaring himself a contestant was lame as fuck too. On another note, it's too bad DeRozan isn't in this years, he got robbed last year.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 05:34:17 PM by TheRemedy360Resurrection »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 05:33:02 PM »
no name or not, I just want to see the best dunkers in the league go at it....and clearly, that doesnt happen.

besides Blake who else would u wanna c?

PLANT

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 07:52:57 PM »
I want to see Blake, Westbrook, LeBron, maybe even D Rose...fuck, even bring back Howard.  They need more star power and better competition.  Its fucking weak that fans can vote for starters but they cant vote in the contestants for skills comps.  

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 08:00:33 PM »
LeBron, cuz he's scary..

McRoberts shoulda been in it this year.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 08:15:48 PM »
I want to see Blake, Westbrook, LeBron, maybe even D Rose...fuck, even bring back Howard.  They need more star power and better competition.  Its fucking weak that fans can vote for starters but they cant vote in the contestants for skills comps.  

Yeah, well the ASG is still considered an honor whereas the dunk contest has become a joke. The NBA obviously wants the big names to participate but they aren't enforcing it.

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 08:17:52 PM »
I want to see Blake, Westbrook, LeBron, maybe even D Rose...fuck, even bring back Howard.  They need more star power and better competition.  Its fucking weak that fans can vote for starters but they cant vote in the contestants for skills comps. 

Yeah, well the ASG is still considered an honor whereas the dunk contest has become a joke. The NBA obviously wants the big names to participate but they aren't enforcing it.

i blame lebron's bitchassness for the downfall...up until the point he pussied out, high-flying stars typically felt as if it were an honor to be part of it.. ever since lebron went female on us and refused to take part, peeps have seen it as a side-show and have regarded it as unnecessary. fuck that puto.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 11:25:22 PM »
LOL because Durant & Westbrook & Rose can't dunk or something. This nigga sometimes...

Anyway, I'll tell you right now, Paul George is winning this thing easy. However, he will not win because Jermey Lin will be apart of Shumpert's dunk & recieve the RETARDED fan vote.

That's where it went wrong. At this point LeBron could pull some MJ shit from Space Jam & dunk from half court, but the NBA fans would vote against him. That's why stars avoid it. Jermey Lin could go against LeBron, Melo & Kobe & do layups & get the fan vote. Now real stars are being shown up by the fans. It's a dunk contest, not a popularity contest.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 12:01:26 AM »
^ Has the fan vote really been around that long? Seems like they weren't getting big names before that either (although I haven't seen one this bad in a while).

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 12:07:02 AM »
^ Has the fan vote really been around that long? Seems like they weren't getting big names before that either (although I haven't seen one this bad in a while).

Since that scrub Nate was winning dunk contests because he had the city of New York behind him.