0 (0%)
Chamillionaire
1 (3.3%)
Young Jeezy
1 (3.3%)
Ludacris
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Who do you feel is the "King of the South"?  (Read 1186 times)

ChinBo37

• 'G'
Who do you feel is the "King of the South"?
« on: March 03, 2012, 08:28:48 AM »
Ok, we all remember the Lil Flip v. TI beef over this topic. Years later, has anyone claimed the throne? TI it seemed had it but he fell off a bit (in terms of popularity). Personally I vote for DJ Screw ...

What does DUBCC think???

ChinBo37

• 'G'
Re: Who do you feel is the "King of the South"?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 08:54:52 AM »
Oh ya, feel free to post your pick and reason in a reply.

I say DJ Screw simply because the sound that he popularized is still the main sound of the south. No one has really taken that from him.

Portugoal

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 08:56:50 AM »
The whole "King of ..." is a misplaced term. Kings and queens these days are grey and old people who have lost touch with reality.

...and any rapper claiming to be the king of this or that is a loser in the first place.

ChinBo37

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 08:58:11 AM »
Dont take it so literally. And its not a misplaced term because rappers are still saying this to this day. If you dont want to use teh word king then replace it with something that makes you feel better.

Portugoal

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 08:59:46 AM »
Dont take it so literally. And its not a misplaced term because rappers are still saying this to this day. If you dont want to use teh word king then replace it with something that makes you feel better.

It is misplaced. Do your history if you think it's not. Rappers should do too.

'Superior person of the south'?
'Best of the south'?

Whatever they call themselves, it's kinda lame IMO... but maybe that's just me :)

ChinBo37

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 09:02:09 AM »
Lol fair enough but dont ruin my pole! Do you have a vote?

Portugoal

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 09:05:25 AM »
Lol fair enough but dont ruin my pole! Do you have a vote?

I'd say Martin Luther King III, as he's the oldest child of MLK who is still alive :P

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 09:20:39 AM »
Scarface

2nd is Bun B

Sleazy

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 10:11:08 AM »
J. Prince

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 12:59:29 PM »
scarface.....but outkast should be on the poll over many of those names.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 01:14:12 PM »
Is there any argument that it's Lil' Wayne? Like, not close. Being king is just getting recognition. I know some of you lame fans want to be that cool guy with nostogia & even tell your grandchildren in fifty years that Scarface is still king of the South, but at the end of the day, the man with the biggest name is King & Lil' Wayne is a bigger name to music now than Scarface was to Hip Hop when he was relavant.

Now before you start crying, I never made any relation to king = good music. You can have your opinion on that, but it doesn't really matter. Whether you think he's good, bad, awful or truly the "best rapper alive", you cannot deny his fame, success, his position in the game.

Kings don't live forever, they die & you get a new one.

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 01:23:36 PM »
pretty sure that king of the south doesnt have to do with how popular u are, but more so how RESPECTED u are...everyone in the south looks up to Scarface and show him madlove and respect. he's the pinnacle of the dirty south. most people look at Lil Wayne as a walkin joke. nothing royal about that.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 05:06:31 PM »
t.i. who else ? no one said they were king of the south before he did so the crown is his. besides if they truly felt they were king of the south they woulda said it before he did. and as far as him not being relevant check around on the internet. he's as popular as ever.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 05:18:34 PM »
Yea, T.I. made this term even relevant. And Lil Wayne himself will tell you that T.I. is the king.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 06:28:19 PM »
pretty sure that king of the south doesnt have to do with how popular u are, but more so how RESPECTED u are...everyone in the south looks up to Scarface and show him madlove and respect. he's the pinnacle of the dirty south. most people look at Lil Wayne as a walkin joke. nothing royal about that.

Word, that's why ever artist & their mother reach out to him to work with him to make something of their career. Even T.I.'s boy, B.o.B. ran to him for a single.

& wrong. I don't know what world you live in where a "king" gets mad love & respect. A "king" just runs shit & people are forced to follow him due to his HEAVY influence. Hence why you have Nicki Minaj, Drake & Tyga dominating the radios trying to do their best Wayne impression.

It's kind of a demeaning term if you actually think about it. But you're too caught up in nostalgia to think about it. If I said I'm king of this forum, I'm belittling everyone else & putting myself on a higher pedestal. You don't think in a community that was BUILT off of ego & battling that just saying "I'm king of the south" is going to get you mad love & respect. That's where you just bring the whole NIK-factor into it. The part where you just hate Lil' Wayne & say everyone "looks at him like a joke". No, you look at him like a joke. Maybe some no name, actual blood artists who don't like him claiming view him as a joke, but a MAJORITY of people in the business who actually contribute & are a name don't view him as a joke.

Like I said, kings don't last forever. Eventually knew ones move in, like T.I. thought he was for a while & some people "accepted". You're only real defense against that is "uhhh, when I was eleven Scarface was king of the south, so he's king of the south because I can't think for myself & want to give the Hip Hop yearbook answer".