Author Topic: RED ALERT! RED ALERT! the west coast needs new talent DANGER! DANGER!  (Read 349 times)

One Eyed Willy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • DIPSET
i used to be a massive west coast fan but wheres all the new/young talent at? all i can think of is crooked i (who aint new to the game). is this shit political or what?

ny streches 60 miles and has the rap game in a chokehold.

im out till around may/june and the first thing im gonna do when i get back is check this thread.

peace.

remember to cop that diplomats lp. march 11th. :o :o ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2003, 06:19:57 AM by DIPLOMATS »

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:RED ALERT! RED ALERT! the west coast needs new talent DANGER! DANGER!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2003, 07:09:14 AM »
theres plenty of young talent on the west, just cause you dont check them doesnt mean there aint none

roscoe, sly boogy, techniec, crooked i, planet asia, phil da agony, dr stank, knocturnal, slip capone, bad azz, caz, the whole YA crew, mitchy slick, timebomb, damani, krondon, dilated peoples, merciless stylz, sixx john, dirty birdy, shade sheist, iv life family i could go on and on. + all the young cats in the bay. alot are stuck on major labels and get fucked in the ass cause of money but theres alot of talent
« Last Edit: February 04, 2003, 07:12:34 AM by | jizzle | »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

verbalassaulta

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2003, 07:51:11 AM »
this has been happening for a while...this board is a prime example why...most will not support new talent cause they're to tied up with old washed up artists(snoop, dpg, ice cube, mc ren...etc.)...you can really tell this when someone drops a real shitty album(snoops new one)..everyone swears its dope when its actually a disaster...anyway..R.I.P. west coast hip hop

S.G.V.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2003, 09:40:04 AM »
theres plenty of young talent on the west, just cause you dont check them doesnt mean there aint none

roscoe, sly boogy, techniec, crooked i, planet asia, phil da agony, dr stank, knocturnal, slip capone, bad azz, caz, the whole YA crew, mitchy slick, timebomb, damani, krondon, dilated peoples, merciless stylz, sixx john, dirty birdy, shade sheist, iv life family i could go on and on. + all the young cats in the bay. alot are stuck on major labels and get fucked in the ass cause of money but theres alot of talent
thank u....see i hate when these foos bitch that there aint no talent on the west...but they dont even bother checkin...fuck yall...the west is at a good point right now...if u dont check it...thats on u

Quadruple OG

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2003, 10:18:02 AM »

this has been happening for a while...this board is a prime example why...most will not support new talent cause they're to tied up with old washed up artists(snoop, dpg, ice cube, mc ren...etc.)...you can really tell this when someone drops a real shitty album(snoops new one)..everyone swears its dope when its actually a disaster...anyway..R.I.P. west coast hip hop

agree with everything said except for RIP westcoast hiphop, they just need someone not named Snoop, Dre, Cube or Nate Dogg to blow up

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2003, 10:47:03 AM »
people dont even support the vet's, let alone anything else.. the west coast its too divided amongst itself... people running around splitting things up into sections arent helping things any "i only listen to la rappers" "i only listen to bay rappers"  "i only listen to chicano rappers"  "i only listen to label abcdef" etc etc..

cant u see the full picture? people get off whatever nuts they're riding, quit telling people who they should be listening to and just bump what the fuck they like and quit dismissing other things off hand. this negative atttitude is whats killing things. how the hell can some youngun come up and suceed if he's just gonna be lumped in with things like label, group, gang, city or whatever affiliations.

Lil Jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2003, 11:13:51 AM »
people dont even support the vet's, let alone anything else.. the west coast its too divided amongst itself... people running around splitting things up into sections arent helping things any "i only listen to la rappers" "i only listen to bay rappers"  "i only listen to chicano rappers"  "i only listen to label abcdef" etc etc..

cant u see the full picture? people get off whatever nuts they're riding, quit telling people who they should be listening to and just bump what the fuck they like and quit dismissing other things off hand. this negative atttitude is whats killing things. how the hell can some youngun come up and suceed if he's just gonna be lumped in with things like label, group, gang, city or whatever affiliations.

who does that?
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2003, 11:29:19 AM »
its the way i see things

Big BpG

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2003, 12:00:09 PM »
I agree with Overseer, the west is divided among itself. The fans can't support everything that the west has to offer and the artists also fall victim
to this as well. The west has had two memorable era's... and both of those era's can be thankful to the west coming together as one.

-Bluey

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2003, 12:51:42 PM »
i just wanna add something to what i said before...

why i mentioned the vet;s was because of how big labels work.. they wont push a west coast act if they established ones arent selling.

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2003, 02:04:54 PM »
I agree with Jizzle and S.G.V..

First of all... tha Argument is about about Diplomat sayin There's no fresh talent on tha West... and that's Bullshit cuz look at Jizzle's list and there's a gang more where that came from. There's so many underground shit... who cares if it doesn't have a  video or doesn't get played on tha radio... you just gotta look for it... and if you dont feel like looking then you dont have tha right to say shit... and you aint really a that big of a fan.

I blame tha Radio and Tha whole Industry. Just because somebody dont have a video or aint tha richest rapper, people choose to sleep. And who says you gotta support an Artist to be their fan.... just download their shit if you really like it.... but most people on here wont even do that cuz they're just interested in tha next Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Dr Dre, DPG, NWA albums... but whatever that's their loss...

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2003, 03:20:17 PM »
I agree with Jizzle and S.G.V..

First of all... tha Argument is about about Diplomat sayin There's no fresh talent on tha West... and that's Bullshit cuz look at Jizzle's list and there's a gang more where that came from. There's so many underground shit... who cares if it doesn't have a  video or doesn't get played on tha radio... you just gotta look for it... and if you dont feel like looking then you dont have tha right to say shit... and you aint really a that big of a fan.

I blame tha Radio and Tha whole Industry. Just because somebody dont have a video or aint tha richest rapper, people choose to sleep. And who says you gotta support an Artist to be their fan.... just download their shit if you really like it.... but most people on here wont even do that cuz they're just interested in tha next Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Dr Dre, DPG, NWA albums... but whatever that's their loss...

case # 1 .. "mr i dont listen to successful rappers"

their loss? you're making it sound like you wont touch anything that does have a video or a big name involved. this attitude really pisses me off (sorry its not just you but its been said along the same lines recently many times).

why cant u let people listen to what the fuck they want and stop telling them that listening to snoop/cube/dre/dpg/nwa or whoever they want is wrong?  who are u to tell people?

i'm tellin u.. u the one with the wrong attitude judging what people listening to and need to step back and think a second.

this shows is the exact problem i'm talkin about above. why cant some people see this attitude is causing half the damn problem ya'll moaning about in the first place.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2003, 03:23:38 PM by o v e r s e e r »

Lil Jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2003, 04:04:12 PM »
why cant u let people listen to what the fuck they want and stop telling them that listening to snoop/cube/dre/dpg/nwa or whoever they want is wrong?  who are u to tell people?

i dont think he tried to tell people  what to listen to, he just said theres more than Aftermath/DPG, let me quote what DIPLOMATS asked...

but wheres all the new/young talent at? all i can think of is crooked i

so all im tryin to say is that there is more than the usual west coast vets, why not try the ones i listed in my post, cause thats what dude was asking for, not trying to tell you what to listen to. cause i do listen to dpg/nwa/aftermath but there is more than that. he asked who had talent - i replied
« Last Edit: February 04, 2003, 04:08:58 PM by Machete Masta Pond Swimma »

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2003, 05:23:03 PM »
roscoe, sly boogy, techniec, crooked i, planet asia, phil da agony, dr stank, knocturnal, slip capone, bad azz, caz, the whole YA crew, mitchy slick, timebomb, damani, krondon, dilated peoples, merciless stylz, sixx john, dirty birdy, shade sheist, iv life family i could go on and on.

Yea and dats only South Cali.....Dun let me get started about tha North.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

S.G.V.

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2003, 07:03:27 PM »
u try to enlighten cats on some new shit...and all of a sudden ur a bad guy...only on wcc...