Author Topic: Studio Gangstas  (Read 1446 times)

Cavvy

Studio Gangstas
« on: March 16, 2012, 11:28:20 PM »
How do you feel about rappers depicting and glorifying the gang lifestyle and throwing up signs when they arent living it?
who are the worst examples of studio gangsters on the WC scene?

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Studio Gangstas
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 11:31:31 PM »
the worst offenders are the 40 year olds like Daz claiming crip still

Cavvy

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:37:51 PM »

sorry I know youre trolling the dude but there a bunch of guys around his age and older claiming crip
btw read an old Tray Dee interview recently where he stated that Daz was one of the guys he had grown close to and was actually on the ground cripping

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 01:05:39 AM »
How do you feel about rappers depicting and glorifying the gang lifestyle and throwing up signs when they arent living it?
who are the worst examples of studio gangsters on the WC scene?
I know they're not from the west coast, but I have to point out Lil Wayne and Birdman, since theyre on the west coast enough and doing a lot with people like Game and Jay Rock and soaking up their slang.

Sleazy

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 02:01:17 AM »
If someone who doesn't really know much about the lifestyle does it it's kinda like whatever to me. I mean it's a bit dumb/annoying in one way but on the other hand music is to me above all expressing emotions and if someone was feeling "like a gangsta" and then did a song about it then yeah whatever, I'll listen to it if it's a good song.

On the other hand if someone actually has lived that kind of life and then still goes on to glorify it it's kinda questionable to me. The best gangsta rappers are about realism and also talk about the negative sides (but not just them, preachy shit sucks too). For example a song like NWA's One Less Bitch is an example of great gangsta rap, a realistic depiction of the sex trade. After listening to it people will be able to make up their own minds whether or not it's the kind of thing they really want to be involved with. The "pimping is so cool it's just fancy things and pretty women" rap is what's kinda... sociopathic. But I'll listen to that too if it's a good song, that's really the bottom line.

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 03:28:27 AM »
Why did I think this was gonna be a LAMB Thread?

swe iz active

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 04:37:05 AM »

Hahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha you must have been bored when you did that but it was funny tho

TidyKris

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 05:19:57 AM »
At the end of the day rap is just music which is entertainment. Although some rappers may not even know about the gang lifestyle but still rap it, alot have either
done it whilst younger or grown up around it so they are telling the stories that they know or have heard.

But think about it this way, if all gangster rappers were really out their still banging whilst making music then how many do you think would live long
enough to record a second album?

SGT x Tok3R

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 07:01:35 AM »

of course you're the crip authority lol

~Styles~

• Lil Geezy
  • standard.
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 08:15:44 AM »
^LOL look at the state of the guy. For the sake of the child I hope he says "no babies"...

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 04:04:12 PM »
if you not from the streets and and haven't lived at least most of what you rhymed about you can do gangsta rap but not in first person. it can be done from a spectator's point of view. but it would have to be creative and not get niggas in trouble..... other than that if you frontin' on the mic you a fraud. bottom line. i love gangsta rap but i despise those studio gangstas.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 05:05:21 PM »

of course you're the crip authority lol

lmao

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 05:16:48 PM »
Xzibit's Paparazzi video puts it the right way... shows how absurd the thought of niggas robbing a liquor store, then going on to shoot a video for a multi-million single really is. Noone releases a hit record from the hood. You most likely have to meet normal people too, also work with whites and Jews. Plus petty theft makes no sense when you're robbing little kids for their money on tours already. So it is what it is.  
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 12:31:42 PM »
Xzibit's Paparazzi video puts it the right way... shows how absurd the thought of niggas robbing a liquor store, then going on to shoot a video for a multi-million single really is. Noone releases a hit record from the hood. You most likely have to meet normal people too, also work with whites and Jews. Plus petty theft makes no sense when you're robbing little kids for their money on tours already. So it is what it is.  
its not about that theyre not currently commiting all these crimes, its more that they made up a fake life story for themselves and use it to promote themselves. a better question is who isnt a studio gangster, these guys are entertainers only a handful were real deal criminals

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 12:45:01 PM »

Hahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha you must have been bored when you did that but it was funny tho