Author Topic: Studio Gangstas  (Read 1447 times)

Smokin Briccz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Re: Studio Gangstas
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 01:39:06 PM »
Daz was one of the guys he had grown close to and was actually on the ground cripping

LOL @ "cripping"

so is cripping something that you find cool? or something to be proud of?

who gives a fuck if Daz was really cripping or not, gangbangers are all fucking retarded.

you fuckers all idolize these idiots for being crips or bloods or a "real g"..do you think being a piece of shit who contributes to the downfall of our society is something to be proud of?

bikers and mobsters are the real Gz, the white man is often imitated but never duplicated

Cavvy

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 06:46:11 PM »
Daz was one of the guys he had grown close to and was actually on the ground cripping

LOL @ "cripping"

who gives a fuck if Daz was really cripping or not, gangbangers are all fucking retarded.

you fuckers all idolize these idiots for being crips or bloods or a "real g"..do you think being a piece of shit who contributes to the downfall of our society is something to be proud of?

bikers and mobsters are the real Gz, the white man is often imitated but never duplicated

Never made any reference to it being a good thing

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 08:28:46 PM »
the worst offenders are the 40 year olds like Daz claiming crip still

of course you're the crip authority lol

lmao

Smokin Briccz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 08:48:19 PM »

LOL @ "cripping"

I know you didn't. That post was directed at 99% of this board though, not necessarily you bro.

Most everyone on here thinks it's cool to be a "gangsta" when in reality, weather it be a "real" gangsta or a studio gangsta, they're all lame as fuck.

Back in the day, when "gangsta rap" was at its peak, a small percentage of us liked it for the production, and sometimes the message/lyrics, while everyone else got brainwashed into thinking that in order to be cool in life you gotta be a G.

Real Gz end up in prison or dead, and fake Gz end up like Daz...fat, stupid, and still pretending to be cool on the internet.

SGT x Tok3R

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 09:55:18 PM »

LOL @ "cripping"

I know you didn't. That post was directed at 99% of this board though, not necessarily you bro.

Most everyone on here thinks it's cool to be a "gangsta" when in reality, weather it be a "real" gangsta or a studio gangsta, they're all lame as fuck.

Back in the day, when "gangsta rap" was at its peak, a small percentage of us liked it for the production, and sometimes the message/lyrics, while everyone else got brainwashed into thinking that in order to be cool in life you gotta be a G.

Real Gz end up in prison or dead, and fake Gz end up like Daz...fat, stupid, and still pretending to be cool on the internet.

Cool story bro. And it's whether not weather you illiterate fuck. Why don't you take your I'm holier than 99.9% than the rest of you back to the trailer park you came from you inbred honkey.

Smokin Briccz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 10:11:56 PM »

LOL @ "cripping"

Cool story bro. And it's whether not weather you illiterate fuck. Why don't you take your I'm holier than 99.9% than the rest of you back to the trailer park you came from you inbred honkey.

lol u mad bro? and I live in the suburbs not the trailer park

whatchu know about that white man money ese?  ;)

Cavvy

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 11:33:00 PM »
Interesting article I was reading on the early days of the West Coast hip hop scene
Gangs. Crip, Blood, Mexican, and Asian gangs exploded on the scene like never before.  And with the money behind them from the crack explosion of the 80’s they now were able to influence the youngsters of the party scene with there shiny toys, jewelry, cars, and clothes.  Easily influenced, Hip Hop went ìGangsta’î.  House parties and Mobile DJ functions became targets for drive-bys.  The first killing actually called a “drive-by” by the media was committed at a house party on 54th and Hoover. The party and gang scene became so intertwined that some the hottest DJ’s , promoters, dancers, and of course rapppers, were Crips or Bloods. Even  some of the “Trendy” dance and party crews on the Westside eventually evolved into street gangs. The writing was on the wall.

I was at a party given by 1580 KDAY at the Olympic auditorium where the latest New York hip hop artists like Kurtis Blow and L.L. Cool J performed.  About fifty Rollin Sixties Crips, proudly wearing sweatshirts with iron on letters spelling ì60 CRIPî, started swinging and stomping on anyone in the crowd- including security. The infamous incident at an Uncle Jamm’s Army party at the Long Beach Convention Center where a party goer was fatally shot contributed to their downfall.  L.L. Cool J performed at World On Wheels skating rink and was attacked by Crips for wearing a red sweat suit.  Tone Loc’s crew (the LOC Tribe) had beef with the Samoan rap group the B.O.O.Y.A. Tribe causing a big fight and shoot out at the Hollywood Palladium. There was a killing at a dance given by Spectrum Productions, which was a predominately Asian event- and a stabbing at a Mexican wedding reception forced Ultra Wave out of their home at Veteran’s Auditorium in Culver City, even though the incident didn’t occur at an Ultra Wave event. It wasn’t safe to party in L.A., not for young people anyway- particularly young minorities.  The venues would not rent out to crowds under twenty-five anymore, especially minority crowds (even though by now, especially on the Westside, the crowds were becoming more and more ìmixedî as caucasian kids were being drawn to the scene) and if they did the L.A.P.D. and fire marshall would come and shut the party down- just like they did Central Avenue.

The day of the mobile DJ, huge sound systems, picnics in the park, was over. Promoters turned to clubs who mostly had liquor licenses, which prevented them from allowing patrons under 21.  And most of these venues already had their weekends booked.  Teenagers couldn’t party on weeknights.  Although some promoters were able to focus on the 21 and over crowd, the teenage scene was dead.  The Mobile Disco Crews, the backbone of the party scene, the scene which gave West Coast Hip-Hop it’s first voice, almost vanished over night.

The Troll

• Lil Geezy
  • Feed the troll
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 12:04:17 AM »
if you not from the streets and and haven't lived at least most of what you rhymed about you can do gangsta rap but not in first person. it can be done from a spectator's point of view. but it would have to be creative and not get niggas in trouble..... other than that if you frontin' on the mic you a fraud. bottom line. i love gangsta rap but i despise those studio gangstas.

You mean the majority of rappers?  ;D

dnjp4life

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 03:20:47 AM »
All gangsta rappers are studio gangstas really.  None of them are putting in work as gangbangers.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 06:49:49 AM »
if you not from the streets and and haven't lived at least most of what you rhymed about you can do gangsta rap but not in first person. it can be done from a spectator's point of view. but it would have to be creative and not get niggas in trouble..... other than that if you frontin' on the mic you a fraud. bottom line. i love gangsta rap but i despise those studio gangstas.

You mean the majority of rappers?  ;D

hitsaw

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 08:10:01 AM »

LOL @ "cripping"

Just shut the fuck up

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 11:23:03 AM »

LOL @ "cripping"

LMAO

Cavvy

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 11:31:40 AM »
theres a fine line I guess between portraying the lifestyle and glorifying it. Spice 1 was targeted by CJ Mac and Mc Pooh for being a Studio gangsta and if you look at his early work he was definitley glorifying and playing the role of the sterotypical Gangsta/Superman. Later on he tried to move away from that role into more of a pimp/hustler
The bodycount in his early albums was up there with Rocky 3

Cavvy

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 11:35:37 AM »
Mc Eiht  also had a huge bodycount in his early work, a lot of his tracks had Eiht being set up but then coming back to wreak terrible vengence on his enemies
One less Nigga was essentially genocide on wax

Cavvy

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 11:40:01 AM »
Kurupt of late has been portraying this strange role of global villain with access to an enormous array of top shelf weaponry that when used dismembers and obliterates his nameless adversaries
studio terrorist?