Author Topic: great posthumous 2Pac tracks  (Read 1132 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: great posthumous 2Pac tracks
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 08:54:36 PM »
r u still down was pretty damn good

they just remixed a few tracks they shouldnt have

they didnt butcher the entire thing like loyal to the game

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 08:58:45 PM »
 Street Fame and Do for Love , and Hellrazor

were terrible remixes
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Smokin Briccz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 09:04:43 PM »
Now let's not forget the millons upon millions of posthumous shitty remixes that kids with audio software did after he died.

Efrain

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 09:59:02 PM »
Best posthumous songs:     

(all the below songs are at least 90% un-molested by the estate or record companies that have released 2pac material since his death.)

Never had friend like me - Gridlocked soundtrack
Lost souls - Gang related soundtrack
Made Niggaz - Gang related soundtrack
Through my rearview - gang related soundtrack
hard on a nigga - gang related soundtrack
Troublesome - greatest hits
Initiated - retaliation revenge and get back ( album feature on Daz Dillinger album)
Don't Stop - Dogg pound 2002 (album feature on Dogg pound album)
Who do you believe in - chronic 2000
late night - chronic 2000
Niggas done changed - seasoned veteran (album feature on Richie Rich album)
Thug Luv - art of war (album feature on Bone Thugs and Harmony)
Niggaz Nature - Too Gangsta for radio
Friendz - Too Gangsta for radio ( this JUST makes this list as the instrumental is notably different from the original, yet still retains the original sample-- albeit interpolated differently--- and original vocal elements and hook etc.)
Tear drops and closed caskets - Still i rise (2pac posthumous album)
As the world turns - Still i rise (2pac posthumous album)
High Speed*** - Still i rise (posthumous 2pac album) [note- probably the best posthumous track by 2pac. if you can only  pick one, pick this one)
Fuckin wit the wrong nigga - until the end of time (posthumous 2pac album)
Better Dayz - better dayz (posthumous 2pac album)
They dont give a fuck about us - (posthumous 2pac album)
Soon as i get home - pacs life (posthumous 2pac album)

everything else is heavily altered or ought-right manufactured.

Portugoal

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 10:07:26 PM »
after all these years im not sure why but i still dont really fuck with are you still down.

its got some solid tracks on that bitch but some of his older material dont appeal to me.

RUSD sucked because it had HORRIBLE music on it.  WE got Kidza production?  get the fuck outta here.   Thx EDI for ruining what could have been a classic song.

Im Gettin Money was horrible JJ, thanks for a shitty remix which set a tone for sub par remixes to be allowed on future pac albums.

The removing of Gunfire from open fire, then intro being removed for the whole album, sooo many mistakes they made.

RUSD paved the way and lowered the bar for future albums to suck and not go with OGs which bumped, but some modern beat.  Kind of like some net dj today taking an acapella of Tupac, and removing kurupt and the outlawz to put Jossy and Sean Kingston on a track with some corny 2012 beat just made overnight.

A retail posthumous track, minus FWTWN, Street Fame Briss Remix, Do FOr Love RUSD album version, Happy Home, Good life, Soon as i get home, ballad of a dead souhja, generally sucks.

I once made a detailed thread on this really toddler run website called NOT- MAK , and was banned when the mod chuck dirty read my thread.

I basically outlined that we cannot say i like the remix better than the OG, because we have never gotten to hear the OG of almost every song in it's proper form. with retail polishing, mastering, and professional companies prepping it for retail cd pressing.  So if someone says, i like enemies wiht me on RUSD, better than the OG, that statement is impossible to be true.

All we hear is the final remix, with FULL icing on the cake as far as polishing and sounding supersonically correct, while the actual original song, capable of bumping if EQ'd handled right goes to be never heard. Sure we may get lucky with a dat rip or a rip from a 2' reel, or a reference cd, but it still doesn't sound as good as a retail song and never can.

So pac fans are spoonfed CDQ amazing quality net remixes on retial cds.  In my opinion, other than the few OGs reworked slightly, all of the posthumous songs are no better then some net djs random thrown up BS track.     Street Fame and Do for Love , and Hellrazor, are the only remixes which actually deserve to be on the albums.

FUCK YOU AMARU entertainment for shelving AMAZING tupac songs since 1997.  i will never get to hear enemies with me and getting money in cdq because your EVIL TACTICS....

holy shit, you need a shrink badly

tha kid2012

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 10:45:05 PM »
after all these years im not sure why but i still dont really fuck with are you still down.

its got some solid tracks on that bitch but some of his older material dont appeal to me.

RUSD sucked because it had HORRIBLE music on it.  WE got Kidza production?  get the fuck outta here.   Thx EDI for ruining what could have been a classic song.

Im Gettin Money was horrible JJ, thanks for a shitty remix which set a tone for sub par remixes to be allowed on future pac albums.

The removing of Gunfire from open fire, then intro being removed for the whole album, sooo many mistakes they made.

RUSD paved the way and lowered the bar for future albums to suck and not go with OGs which bumped, but some modern beat.  Kind of like some net dj today taking an acapella of Tupac, and removing kurupt and the outlawz to put Jossy and Sean Kingston on a track with some corny 2012 beat just made overnight.

A retail posthumous track, minus FWTWN, Street Fame Briss Remix, Do FOr Love RUSD album version, Happy Home, Good life, Soon as i get home, ballad of a dead souhja, generally sucks.

I once made a detailed thread on this really toddler run website called NOT- MAK , and was banned when the mod chuck dirty read my thread.

I basically outlined that we cannot say i like the remix better than the OG, because we have never gotten to hear the OG of almost every song in it's proper form. with retail polishing, mastering, and professional companies prepping it for retail cd pressing.  So if someone says, i like enemies wiht me on RUSD, better than the OG, that statement is impossible to be true.

All we hear is the final remix, with FULL icing on the cake as far as polishing and sounding supersonically correct, while the actual original song, capable of bumping if EQ'd handled right goes to be never heard. Sure we may get lucky with a dat rip or a rip from a 2' reel, or a reference cd, but it still doesn't sound as good as a retail song and never can.

So pac fans are spoonfed CDQ amazing quality net remixes on retial cds.  In my opinion, other than the few OGs reworked slightly, all of the posthumous songs are no better then some net djs random thrown up BS track.     Street Fame and Do for Love , and Hellrazor, are the only remixes which actually deserve to be on the albums.

FUCK YOU AMARU entertainment for shelving AMAZING tupac songs since 1997.  i will never get to hear enemies with me and getting money in cdq because your EVIL TACTICS....

i feel where u coming from. nothing u can do about it tho. thats y like i said in my first post, buy all the albums he made when he was alive then use the albums that came out after he died as a reference guide to track down the unreleased versions of the same songs. its fucked up that it even has to be that way if any pac fan wants to hear the real shit because it divides the pac fan base in a way. u dont see them doing shit like that to other dead artists' music. just the fucked up ways of the world. dl my untouchable og mix too, i added kadafis verse back on it since the leak didnt have it. sounds official. link in my first post

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 10:53:57 PM »
my top 10 posthumous tracks:

1-street fame
2-fuck all yall
3-military minds
4-do 4 love
5-baby dont cry
6-changes  (obviously the most known of all posthumous remixes)
7-I wonder if heaven got a ghetto
8-loyal to the game (DJ Quik version)
9-letter to the president
10-ghost  

dnjp4life

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 03:18:15 AM »
I've always really liked the versions of Good Life and Fuckin' Wit The Wrong Nigga From the UTEOT album.  They are basically the OG versions just with the vocals and beat polished up a bit.  A lot of great tracks from RUSD? as well, even if they may not be faithful  to the OG versions.

As others have said, avoid Pac's Life and Loyal at all costs, save for one or two songs.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 08:22:43 AM »
The stans need a shrink if they really believe there aren't any great tracks on UTEOT and Better Days.

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 12:11:54 PM »

LOL

I know it's early but I nominate this shit for wigger comment of the year. I swear when wiggers find 2pac they act like they found jesus or some shit.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 12:42:35 PM »
can you feel the passion?

no seriously son made some good points...it is real fucked up how his catalog has been handled.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 12:48:01 PM »
some more of my fave posthumous tracks

- words to my unborn
- street fame
- runnin on e
- black jesus
- everything they owe (the one with the salsa beat)
- pacs life (dope prince sample)
- all out
- lil homies
- teardropz/closed caskets
- late nite

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 01:17:53 PM »
someone fucked up teardrops and closet caskets by taking out part of nate doggs chorus

its "will i, forever be, alone, in this world" and they remove "in this world' 

T-o-m

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 01:19:50 PM »
Those albums are a must:
- R U Still Down
- Still I Rise

Those 2 are little worse, but half of the content is excellent:
- Until The End Of Time
- Better Dayz

Now u need separate approach to:
- Loyal To The Game - skip everything besides bonus 4 tracks done by other producers than slim fuckin shady
- Pac's Life - few tracks are really good, highlight Soon As I Get Home - only og there.

Many tracks leaked throughout few last years, so the best choice is to get that first of all.

D-TalkX

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »
Still I Rise was my favourite