Author Topic: great posthumous 2Pac tracks  (Read 1134 times)

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: great posthumous 2Pac tracks
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2012, 03:49:44 PM »
Obviously the tracks released in OG form (or really close to it) are generally what people like, but my favorite posthumous remixed songs (which I do like but am not necessarily saying that they are better than the OGs) are:

Do for Love
Baby Don't Cry
Black Jesuz
Hell 4 a Hustler
Let Em Have It
All Out
Lastonesleft
When I Get Free
When We Ride on Our Enemies
Changed Man
Street Fame
Thugz Mansion
Never Call U Bitch Again
U Can Call
Don't You Trust Me
Hennessey (Red Spyda Remix)
Dumpin'
Playa Cardz Right (Female)
Resist the Temptation
Keep Goin' (Remix) - from Nu-Mixx 2 (remix of Don't Stop)
Part 2 - with Jon B (remix of Happy Home)

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2012, 05:18:42 PM »
i dunno,
none of the posthumous album were awful or really bad imo. all of em were okay, musicaly, i guess -
but Pac-purists tend to hate most of em, cuz teh songs were not in og-format or whatever

the "Tupac Resurrection" OST had some nice Eminem-production, and so did "Loyal To the Game",, like the Nate Dogg-song
"R U Still Down" is probly the best album tho

i think the Still I Rise is the best IMO!

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2012, 06:47:32 PM »
i dunno,
none of the posthumous album were awful or really bad imo. all of em were okay, musicaly, i guess -
but Pac-purists tend to hate most of em, cuz teh songs were not in og-format or whatever

the "Tupac Resurrection" OST had some nice Eminem-production, and so did "Loyal To the Game",, like the Nate Dogg-song

still i rise only had one flaw, Fatal was taken off

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2012, 06:59:28 PM »
i dunno,

still a good album and he had his own solo album round that time.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2012, 08:32:50 PM »
i dunno,

he is a wack back up rapper whose own solo album is a "throwaway"
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2012, 08:33:32 PM »
some more of my fave posthumous tracks

- words to my unborn
- street fame
- runnin on e
-black jesus
- everything they owe (the one with the salsa beat)
- pacs life (dope prince sample)
- all out
- lil homies
- teardropz/closed caskets
- late nite
only liked that one
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2012, 11:32:17 PM »
I think the worst track they butchered was when thugz cry. The original had one of my favorite 2pac hooks of all time and they replaced it with some cheesy no name singer with an awful hook.

makavelisimon

• 'G'
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2012, 12:05:23 AM »
I think the worst track they butchered was when thugz cry. The original had one of my favorite 2pac hooks of all time and they replaced it with some cheesy no name singer with an awful hook.

To be fair to evil Amaru, that one is not their fault, they didn't have the correct acapella.  Note all of the When Thugz Cry versions, prayer intro etc, and listen to the cpu gen acap (which is SUPERB) to really hear whats being said on one take.   

So the take Amaru used didn't have the chorus or outro, so they are not to blame for the acapella issues you pointed out.

Hard to believe they remixed it considering Sting has recorded a version of When Thugz Cry in tribute to 2pac.  Shame on Amaru for putting the brakes on that project, so we won't hear Sting sing rap When Thugz Cry...

TidyKris

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2012, 12:13:26 AM »
Still I Rise has one track that really pissed me off when i bought the album and that was Black Jesus.

They changed the beat to some poor mans Hail Mary and it ruined the whole thing. The OG beat for Black Jesus was dope!

tha kid2012

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2012, 09:34:03 AM »

To be fair to evil Amaru, that one is not their fault, they didn't have the correct acapella.  Note all of the When Thugz Cry versions, prayer intro etc, and listen to the cpu gen acap (which is SUPERB) to really hear whats being said on one take.   

So the take Amaru used didn't have the chorus or outro, so they are not to blame for the acapella issues you pointed out.

Hard to believe they remixed it considering Sting has recorded a version of When Thugz Cry in tribute to 2pac.  Shame on Amaru for putting the brakes on that project, so we won't hear Sting sing rap When Thugz Cry...

The actual OG of UTEOT's When Thugz Cry has been released though on the Makaveli Demo. Same prayer intro and outro and all so they had to have had the acapella with all layers. Maybe they thought the chorus was too violent or some other bullshit behind the scenes politics

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2012, 12:00:05 PM »
Only if you look past Napolean rapping Pac's verse in U Can Be Touched, or the terribly remixed Tattoo Tears, or the corny chorus on Still I Rise, or the shit-looking cover.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2012, 07:16:39 PM »
i dunno,

still a good album and he had his own solo album round that time.

In the Line of Fire...that record is an underground CLASSIC.  the single with Tame One got lots of play on Stretch and Bobbito and underground NY radio stations and the song with Freddie Foxxx also got him a lot more attention.

then his second album, Fatal, had a few memorable songs on it but was nothing special

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2012, 07:18:38 PM »
Only if you look past Napolean rapping Pac's verse in U Can Be Touched, or the terribly remixed Tattoo Tears, or the corny chorus on Still I Rise, or the shit-looking cover.

pacs verse wouldnt have sounded right over that beat, pac rapped it kinda soft

and tattoo tears remix was good but the original is just incredible

Smokin Briccz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2012, 08:44:12 PM »
why do people get so emotional over pac threads?

TidyKris

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2012, 01:38:55 AM »
why do people get so emotional over pac threads?

Why have you taken a photo of yourself shoving a TV remote up your ass?