Author Topic: great posthumous 2Pac tracks  (Read 1137 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: great posthumous 2Pac tracks
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2012, 01:51:59 AM »
objectively, there was never anythin wrong wit the posthumous-Pac music like that.
if u didnt have any shitty phone-ripped "O.G.'s" to compare wit, or if Pac was alive when he
recorded to these new beats, yall would like that shit

and Amaru Entertainment werent wrong for blendin the acapellas wit new shit,
they were tryin to cater to a mainstream-audience, and keep Pacs name out there posthumously for the new generations.
i can understand that.
considerin how much music Pac recorded when he was alive, i doubt he would even care if some
of it was remixed. in fact, some of the stuff that he recorded for "Me against the world"
was actually remixed and flipped for the retail-release (if i remember correctly)

some of the o.g.'s are weak IMO, most of em had additional verses from young Outlaw-kids (less
talented),
--> shitty and redundant to the songs

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2012, 09:08:43 AM »
secrets of war is a dope as record too.

theres so many versions out there. the original one i had on casette back in 97 had a pac verse a fatal or khadafi (cant remember) verse then just ad libs for a few mins like it wasnt done.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2012, 01:42:12 PM »
and tattoo tears remix was good
No it wasn't, that beat was a big fucking mess.  Half of the songs on Pac's Life were better than this shit remix.

and Amaru Entertainment werent wrong for blendin the acapellas wit new shit,
they were tryin to cater to a mainstream-audience, and keep Pacs name out there posthumously for the new generations.
i can understand that.
I can understand that too, but they didn't pull it off successfully, outside of Changes and maybe even Until the End of Time, both of which were following the trend of people (particularly from Bad Boy) who were making hits from '80s samples.  At times they used some decent producers, but for the most part they either went with unknowns who weren't exactly overflowing with talent or with old producers out of their groove but expected to make something with the same chemistry as before but with a style that caters to the mainstream audience at that time... but in most cases, those old producers weren't exactly poppin by that time, like Johnny J.

I can appreciate that they tried to go with artists that were popular, but they weren't always good matches for Pac... just look at how awkward Lil Mo sounded on Niggaz Nature Remix (and she didn't withstand the test of time), or Trick Daddy on Still Ballin (and he didn't exactly have a great career either past his initial buzz).  There were tons of other artists they could've gone with, even past Death Row artists.  For example, Kurupt still had some decent buzz back then and likely wouldn't have been one to charge $15,000 for a verse.

HeilJake

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 12:34:45 AM »
I thought Until the end of time was his best posthumous album and a pretty great album itself imo

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2012, 10:59:04 AM »
I thought Until the end of time was his best posthumous album and a pretty great album itself imo
It had the most potential, considering the fact that the songs used were among the better ones of Amaru's stash at that time.