Author Topic: Nexus - Cold Dark Night ~Full album here~  (Read 978 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:Nexus - Cold Dark Night ~Full album here~
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2003, 08:42:11 PM »
Man I peeped the song and sorry to say that if that track is your best on the album then I aint even going to bother getting the rest of it.  The song was boring, same old beat, same old flow, same old everything.  His voice aint even good IMO and hes trying to hard to rap fast.  Cant even understand what he is saying in the most part.  keep trying tho, you'll get there eventually.

naah...the reason u cant understand what he's saying is because he doesn't have a British accent, Mate...Trying to hard to rap fast? That doesnt make sense...he is rapping fast...LoL...Download the whole album or don't comment at all...PeACe

strange the way I can understand Dre, Em, Snoop, nate, Luda, Nas, Biggie, Pac, Daz, Kurupt etc etc etc.  Didnt know they where british.  

Looking back at what I said I realised it was a bit harsh.  I am hoping the song will grow on me cos I will keep bumping it (or trying to)  until I either like it or delete it.  Another thing man, you gotta accept critism, your shit aint guna always appeal to everyone that has the decency of actually downloading it and giving it a few listens but you gotta encourage them to keep bumpin it and see if it actally does grow on it.  Ok I might of said I don;t like the way he raps and shit buts thats just an opinion, to say I cant understand him cos he aint British well lets face it, its dumb.  

I will download a few tracks off the album, the ones which you have rated highly.  I will get back at you to tell yer what I think of them.  Peace

Constructive criticism we appreciate...PeACe

bez

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2003, 07:33:54 AM »
Ohhhh forget it then!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2003, 03:53:26 PM »
Ohhhh forget it then!

Maybe check out the songs "Think U Can", "He Aint", and "Again"...These might be more for your taste than the others...PeACe

bez

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2003, 12:20:52 PM »
Ohhhh forget it then!

Maybe check out the songs "Think U Can", "He Aint", and "Again"...These might be more for your taste than the others...PeACe

ok

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2003, 11:35:02 AM »
aight.. i peeped the whole album

ima try to let the mixing and mastering alone

i liked some of the beats.. some of them had big potential, even though some instrument fucked it up... nexus rappin was decent and above on all the tracks.. the best track is "expectation"... i dont feel the bass though.. but the horns are banging and nexus is flowin well on it

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2003, 12:02:44 PM »
Word...Thanks for the feedback I-Bo...Expect the next album to be even harder than the first...PeACe

hydro01man

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2003, 10:18:50 PM »
this shit is sick im listening to it right now

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2003, 04:29:52 PM »
i ve peepd nexus lp though,props 4 that no doubt.the production was pretty dope on that one.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2003, 04:31:02 PM »
I'ma keep this up sticky for a little longer...There are plenty of people who haven't peeped it yet who eventually will...If anyone remembers, AlerGs album was kept sticky for almost a year...LoL

__kaLipZo__

• Apocalypstic Immortal
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2003, 05:29:20 PM »

Support (Intro) - The beginning 25 seconds reminds me of mid-evil music, on what they dance to, but the
beat is dope. Wished it was a little longer but its a intro, but nex was layin it down. Seems
like the first 5 seconds are kinda scratchy tho, but its a dope intro...no doubt.

4.1/5

The One - Lyrics were dope in this one, beat was kinda...annoying for some reason to me, but
was still a decent track, not one of the best but I felt it.

3.7/5

Think You Can (Feat. Sccit) - Def. dope beat on this one, lyrics, flow, had everything. Sccit
layed down a nice verse, nice chorus and all...liking it.

4.2/5

Unstoppable - Reminds me of a Underground song, just by the quality for some reason, but def. dope.
Beat was hot, vocals could of been a little louder tho, but really felt this track.

4.3/5

Still Goin' Strong - Loved the beat, lyrcis were heat. Vocals could of been a little louder in this one to.
But Decent track.

4.1/5

He Ain't - Creative, vocals were straight, beat went well with the vocals, would of been nice if it was a collab.

4.1/5

Expectations - Loved the intro to it, make it seem deep and emotional, lyrics were very creative and went well
with beat, vocals were up to par, great production.

4.3/5

The Time has Come - Nice complex lyrcics on this one, production sounded real professional, overall a dope track.

4.2/5

What If - This also reminded me of a Mid-Evil toon, dont know why, but the production was a little less professional IMO, but
overall dope track and beat.

3.9/5

I Cant Win - Overall the dopest track, could of been a lot longer (wish it was) flow was hella dope, beat was tight, vocals up to par, loved this track.

4.9/5

Its Nothin - Beat was decent, alright quality, vocals were kinda scratchy to me, but overall decent track.

3.8/5

Cold Dark Night - Very good track, dope beat, lyrics, had it all, nice creative intro to it to.

4.2/5

Again (bonus track) - Didnt really care for this one, felt it but not to much, overall "alright".

3.7/5

Make It Happen (bonus track) - Def dope track, #2 on my list next to I cant Win, beat was hella dope, lyrics were creative and went well with beat, professional production, overall great track.

4.9/5

Dont feel like addin em all up, but id say around a 4.3 for the whole album, could be more than 14 tracks, but heh, def dope shit, props Nex. =)
Battle Record: 20 - 3
14 KO's

Febuary's Battle Mc Of The Month.
March's Wordplay Mc
March's Best Punchline Mc

Matty_C

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2003, 10:37:04 AM »

Support (Intro) - The beginning 25 seconds reminds me of mid-evil music, on what they dance to, but the
beat is dope. Wished it was a little longer but its a intro, but nex was layin it down. Seems
like the first 5 seconds are kinda scratchy tho, but its a dope intro...no doubt.

4.1/5

The One - Lyrics were dope in this one, beat was kinda...annoying for some reason to me, but
was still a decent track, not one of the best but I felt it.

3.7/5

Think You Can (Feat. Sccit) - Def. dope beat on this one, lyrics, flow, had everything. Sccit
layed down a nice verse, nice chorus and all...liking it.

4.2/5

Unstoppable - Reminds me of a Underground song, just by the quality for some reason, but def. dope.
Beat was hot, vocals could of been a little louder tho, but really felt this track.

4.3/5

Still Goin' Strong - Loved the beat, lyrcis were heat. Vocals could of been a little louder in this one to.
But Decent track.

4.1/5

He Ain't - Creative, vocals were straight, beat went well with the vocals, would of been nice if it was a collab.

4.1/5

Expectations - Loved the intro to it, make it seem deep and emotional, lyrics were very creative and went well
with beat, vocals were up to par, great production.

4.3/5

The Time has Come - Nice complex lyrcics on this one, production sounded real professional, overall a dope track.

4.2/5

What If - This also reminded me of a Mid-Evil toon, dont know why, but the production was a little less professional IMO, but
overall dope track and beat.

3.9/5

I Cant Win - Overall the dopest track, could of been a lot longer (wish it was) flow was hella dope, beat was tight, vocals up to par, loved this track.

4.9/5

Its Nothin - Beat was decent, alright quality, vocals were kinda scratchy to me, but overall decent track.

3.8/5

Cold Dark Night - Very good track, dope beat, lyrics, had it all, nice creative intro to it to.

4.2/5

Again (bonus track) - Didnt really care for this one, felt it but not to much, overall "alright".

3.7/5

Make It Happen (bonus track) - Def dope track, #2 on my list next to I cant Win, beat was hella dope, lyrics were creative and went well with beat, professional production, overall great track.

4.9/5

Dont feel like addin em all up, but id say around a 4.3 for the whole album, could be more than 14 tracks, but heh, def dope shit, props Nex. =)

Thanks a ton for the drawn out review man, means alot that u liked it,

Nex

McJay

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2003, 12:30:06 PM »
Nexus, I've downloaded half of it, my computers pretty slow, but for real man your work is great, the "I can't win" track is great, shame it wasn't longer, but it's still amazin, also "Think u can" is nicely done.  I could go on and on saying I like the tracks, they're all great so far.  :)

I'll probably be poppin back to this website, anyway, good luck in the future Nexus.

White-Chocolate

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Live My Life A Legend Immortalized By Lyric'Z
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2003, 02:56:25 PM »
yo playa, this stuff is tight, keep it goin'  8)
Look Into TheZe EyeZ, What Do U C? That'Z Right, Nothing, I'm A Mystery
White-Chocolate
Westsiiide Riidah
The GAME Ain't the SAME A Damn SHAME

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2003, 03:02:38 PM »
^^Thanks for the feed Kalipzo, MC Jay, and White-Chocolate...Good lookin'...PeACe

Matty_C

• 'G'
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2003, 11:31:09 PM »
Fuckin right, thanks bro's.

Nex