Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar - The Recipe (Feat. Dr. Dre) (Produced By Scoop Deville)  (Read 9861 times)

Cali_Heat

Re: Kendrick Lamar - The Recipe (Feat. Dr. Dre) (Produced By Scoop Deville)
« Reply #225 on: April 04, 2012, 08:51:53 AM »
hopefully they make a Video for it,for more marketing International, Dope Track

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #226 on: April 04, 2012, 08:57:50 AM »
This is a great record. Been on repeat (literally) since it dropped.

Lucifuge

« Reply #227 on: April 04, 2012, 11:44:01 AM »
In ride sounds fantastic 8) 8) 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #228 on: April 04, 2012, 02:19:30 PM »
i'm surprised how many of you like dre's performance, i think he should quit if he keeps rapping like this.

eminem's writings for dre may be average lately, but at least the flow is better

Dre going to use kendrick to get hot again, that's why he's on the track. Its benefitting to both of them.
i don't think so. otherwise detox would have been out after the last single became a hit

yup, he's obviously surrounded by people telling him it sounds cool though. i mean most people in this thread think the delivery is dope, when its easily the worst thing about the record.

i also agree that the vocals on 'die hard' sounded good, but then the eminem hook was laughably bad.

i mean this track is alright, its nice. but in the scheme of things, pretty average. kendrick has better material, dre continues to dissapoint.
yeah it's embarrassing

HighEyeCue

« Reply #229 on: April 04, 2012, 02:43:40 PM »
Kendrick got murdered on his own track by the pshycoanalasys of MC Dre's rapping skills

Jimmy H.

« Reply #230 on: April 04, 2012, 03:16:28 PM »
I think the track sounds pretty fucking dope. People are going into these records with these massive expectations but it is what it is. I'm sure when a lot of people heard "2001", they were complaining because it wasn't "The Chronic". I know when Game's shit came out and "How We Do" dropped as the first single (I believe it was called "Fresh 86" or something), the same people were saying how it was bland and nothing special.  Same deal with "Grow Up".

And something is definitely up with Dr. Dre. I get the vibe he's nervous to put his name on these records. Like all these records seem to end up not having him on the production credits in the end.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #231 on: April 04, 2012, 04:49:28 PM »
I'm sure when a lot of people heard "2001", they were complaining because it wasn't "The Chronic".

Well, I'm guilty of that because back in 1999 and still even now I don't think 2001 is close to the masterpiece that is The Chronic.  But I consider The Chronic the greatest rap album of all time, so it was pretty much impossible for Dre to repeat that accomplishment.  I like 2001 and have bumped it innumerable times, but it's not The Chronic (or Doggystyle, for that matter).

Same deal with "Grow Up".

I always liked Grow Up, and imo Bishop was a better prospect than Kendrick, just imo.  The two youngsters on the West I liked recently were Bishop and Dom Kennedy, and Bishop seems to have lost the machinery to push his music out, so now all my hopes are on Dom to get a deal on a major, and, more importantly, not to switch up his style.  Just keep it as is and I'll be there on release day.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #232 on: April 04, 2012, 07:35:46 PM »
I dig this... even doc sounds good on it

Jimmy H.

« Reply #233 on: April 04, 2012, 10:44:50 PM »
Well what I'm driving at Myth is you really can't hand someone music and have them judge it with the idea of it being the best record ever or even "groundbreaking". Especially if your first time hearing it is through a download link on your computer. I mean, every now and again, I'll listen to a song for the first time and think, "Damn! This is exactly the kind of music I was looking for right now" but the opposite can be true. Plenty of dope music I passed on the first time I heard it. Comparing a song you've loved for 15 years with one you haven't even known for 15 minutes is always gonna end in dissapointment.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!

xxrayrayxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SouthSiders XIII
« Reply #235 on: April 05, 2012, 05:00:06 PM »
This track is fucking smooth. Women Weed & Weather.....Fuckin crazy.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4</a>

What Doesnt Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #236 on: April 05, 2012, 07:11:27 PM »
This shit go

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #237 on: April 05, 2012, 07:54:15 PM »
Comparing a song you've loved for 15 years with one you haven't even known for 15 minutes is always gonna end in dissapointment.

Hmmm, this is a good point, and I've never thought about it like that, so I see what you're saying.  You're saying we gotta give new music ample to time digest and let it marinate in our ear drums and so forth.  On that point, though, we're in here judging new music while it's still new.  I mean, if we go and make an album review thread for Daz's RR&GB right now, I'm sure people would be like " ??? You waited 15 years on this album before judging it because you wanted to be fair to it????"   ;D
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #238 on: April 06, 2012, 05:10:11 AM »
Kendrick got murdered on his own track by the pshycoanalasys of MC Dre's rapping skills

anticipointment  :laugh:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #239 on: April 06, 2012, 08:41:25 AM »
If you want to make a dope song suck just feature Dr. Dre. Dubcc will do the rest.