Author Topic: Dubcc - "Where Are They Now" Series - Blade Interview  (Read 420 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Dubcc - "Where Are They Now" Series - Blade Interview
« on: April 03, 2012, 10:41:46 PM »
Dubcc "Where Are They Now" Series -  Volume 1 -  The Blade interview by Infinite

Infinite: So it's been a long time since we last saw you at the dubcc. How many years has it been. And what have you been up to in that time?

Blade:  Hey man, it's nice to hear from you again. To answer your first question, I'm actually not sure how long it's been, maybe five years? I haven't really kept track. I've been busy with life really. School and work still keep me occupied, but I also made time to travel in the last couple of years to some very far away destinations that have yielded life changing experiences for me.

Infinite: So what led to your departure from the dubcc, and do you think you will ever stop by again?

Blade:   I don't remember why exactly I left Dubcc except that I had priorities in my personal life. I think I tried coming back a few times but most of the O.Gs had either left or were on haitus themselves, and as far as the music goes, the new hip hop coming out at the time just didn't interest me either.  I still kept in touch with some folks such as yourself and Siavash for a time, and I have Brandon on my facebook.

Infinite:  You still talk to um much?

Blade:  I think the last time I messaged him though was when I linked him a J.Cole video because I think they look alike, lol.  

Infinite:  Any fond memories from your days over at the dub?

Blade:  Fond memories, Oh yeah I can think of a few. The keystyle days were pretty entertaining, we had a talented group of active keystylers, frequent battles and tournaments, some of which I remember winning. Then the move to the mic was a lot of fun, I recall recording a bunch of tracks with Rodzilla and Doggy/Pitbull, Illicit and of course yourself. That was probably the most creative time i've had at dubcc.   I guess I just remember random moments like yahoo and aim chatrooms back in the day where some of us would congregate and amuse ourselves. I remember hearing Sikotic for the first time and thinking it was funny how white he sounded, lol. Pretty sure we made a diss track (probably towards nik and his crew) where I looped his laugh into the track. Us keystylers had our own drama too, from battles getting too personal to people like MaxiPadz biting rhymes and pretending to be shot and typing from a hospital.  

Infinite:  Yeah, that really was some shit.  I really believed at one point I played a role in Maxi commiting suicide!  Shit was mad real, but then again it turned out to be b.s., and dude was biting rhymes anyway...

Blade:  It wasn't all BS though, there was good music on the forums, a good flow of information, and of course the Train of Thought section when it was new was quite engaging. Pretty sure we had lengthy conversations, and with Trauma too and the rest of the crew.  And who can forget the beefs? I remember clashing with NiK pretty hard back in the day, we were all kids back then and so I hold no grudges anymore, but that shit was comedy. Fuck, I remeber hacking into his and Roccys account, and I don't think he ever truly knew it was me because BigBadAss (shoutout if hes still around) took the fall for it since he was beefing with Nik at that time too.

Infinite:  Yeah, I remember you've always been pretty savvy with the computer.  You hacked a lot of shit...

Blade:  Jesus, the shit I found in Niks email account makes me laugh to this day just thinking about it. I remember he'd copy paste (romantic type) poems that Tanjent wrote and email them to girls pretending it was him. Additionally, he'd also copy paste his own posts or IMs where he thought he had successfully 'sonned'someone, maybe to go over it in his spare time and feel good about himself. For the record his password was 'nutzack'. Oh man, I don't want to stir shit up agian if these guys are still around, we were all kids and it was all fun and games. But one last thing that Tom and maybe Sikotic might remember, the webcam pic of Roccy that was taken and photoshopped to hell and back, with his steve austin poster on the wall in the background. Good times.

Infinite:  Lol, yeah, those were the days when everybody was posting up their personal lives at the forum.  People were leaving suicide letters and shit like that...lol..

Blade:  Yeah, Dubcc peeps were a pretty dysfunctional family I think. It was interesting to observe the dynamics between people. How do I put this..I think the majority of us had mental issues, and maybe it's cause a lot of us were quite young back then and still growing, but it's certainly true. I knew peeps here that were pretty suicidal but a lot of fun on the surface, real life friends that had destructive relationships, a fuck-ton of insecurity issues as well. Dubcc was a place where a lot of us went to to find our identities. We had personas that we had to enforce, and I know a lot of beefs were caused simply because some of us didn't want to back down from that.

Infinite:  Lol, this is dope.  Any other memories?        

Blade:  What else..I remember Pink, Mdoggs sister? I remember she had a mad crush, and then her pics leaked, and all hell broke loose. I remember Timelock bragging about tapping that (or almost tapping that, not sure) and then hiding out when people realized what she looked like, lol. I also remember a time where Sikotic was the sweetest guy around Dubcc, the only one who never got into any beef with anyone. Not sure when exactly he started kicking ass and taking names, but it was a good evolution. Trauma was cool too back in the day, he spent $5 purchasing a beat for my first track ever, and rapped the chorus for it, lol. Eventually he became a bit eccentric though.

Infinite:   I remember you were pretty deep into keystyling and recording with the Sand Nggaz, do you still write rhymes and record much anymore?

Blade:  I still recorded and wrote after I left dubcc but eventually stopped. I guess it was a combination of loosing inspiration and free time.

( Link to Blade's track ,Summer Reminiscing  )

Infinite:  Any homies you want to give a shout out to at the dubcc?

Blade:     Shoutouts? Well I don't know who still posts there anymore for sure, but shoutout to Tom, Sikotic, Igeezy, Trauma, Javier, Dresnoop, Rodzilla, Tech, DayGostylz, MDogg, Owen .. Peace.   
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 11:21:50 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

Re: Dubcc - "Where Are They Now" Series - Blade Interview
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 10:44:37 PM »
I remember hearing Sikotic for the first time and thinking it was funny how white he sounded, lol.

LMAO

good interview

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 10:45:38 PM »
I remember hearing Sikotic for the first time and thinking it was funny how white he sounded, lol.

LMAO

good interview

Word.. it came out pretty well.   Props to Blade for doing this.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 10:55:45 PM »
LMAO

good interview

This part was especially hilarious:

"Jesus, the shit I found in Niks email account makes me laugh to this day just thinking about it. I remember he'd copy paste (romantic type) poems that Tanjent wrote and email them to girls pretending it was him. Additionally, he'd also copy paste his own posts or IMs where he thought he had successfully 'sonned'someone, maybe to go over it in his spare time and feel good about himself. For the record his password was 'nutzack'."

hahahah. You really have no right to go at anyone.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 11:04:25 PM »
LMAO

good interview

This part was especially hilarious:

"Jesus, the shit I found in Niks email account makes me laugh to this day just thinking about it. I remember he'd copy paste (romantic type) poems that Tanjent wrote and email them to girls pretending it was him. Additionally, he'd also copy paste his own posts or IMs where he thought he had successfully 'sonned'someone, maybe to go over it in his spare time and feel good about himself. For the record his password was 'nutzack'."

hahahah. You really have no right to go at anyone.

For the record though, Blade may of had beef with Sccit then; but said that he's probably cool now.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 11:08:07 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 11:10:31 PM »
Nice interview. Blade was and is a cool ass dude.

He actually made decent music too. That's why Elior always disliked the guy.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 11:11:04 PM »
LOL, good times

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 11:12:06 PM »
wackest interview ever... leave it up to me... the professional and originator of the G-Spot interviews, homie  8)
The West is Back

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 11:16:35 PM »

Yeah.. funny how he mentioned you used to be the most non-confrontational, peaceful, get-along with everyone type of dude at the forum

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 11:20:35 PM »

Yeah.. funny how he mentioned you used to be the most non-confrontational, peaceful, get-along with everyone type of dude at the forum
I still am with the exception of 2 or 3 people.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

blcxm

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 01:30:33 AM »
I still cant grasp how someone sounds white.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 02:54:52 AM »
I still cant grasp how someone sounds white.

Well spoken.... without broken english, lol.

blcxm

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 03:09:53 AM »
I cant even.

Your favorite posters favorite poster

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 06:23:37 AM »
Lmfao @ nutzack

Blade was cool peoples.  I remember when NIK and roccy's pics leaked and we photoshopped them to hell.  This place used actually be funny.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 11:11:35 AM »
Lmfao @ nutzack

Blade was cool peoples.  I remember when NIK and roccy's pics leaked and we photoshopped them to hell.  This place used actually be funny.
This was a classic that you guys did back in the day of roccy and sccit

THA SAUCE HOUSE