Author Topic: Q-Tip Signs To Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Music, Preps "The Last Zulu" LP For 2013  (Read 860 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Q-Tip has announced his signing to Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam.

According to a press release, Tip is working on his fourth solo album, tentatively titled The Last Zulu, due in 2013. More details regarding the LP will be announced in the forthcoming months.

The veteran rapper/producer shared his excitement for reconnecting with Barry Weiss, Chairman and CEO of Universal Republic and Island Def Jam, who worked with A Tribe Called Quest to release projects in the ‘90s. “I’m excited to be a part of the great iconic Def Jam label,” said Q-Tip. “I’m humbled to be a part of such a storied history.  To reconnect with Barry Weiss is a great thing. As far as G.O.O.D. Music, I'm excited to solidify my working relationship with Kanye, and I look forward to all the opportunities that lie ahead in our partnership. I will do my best to present the most cutting edge music I can.”

Weiss shared similar sentiments. “I am thrilled to be working with Q-Tip once again,” said Weiss.  “He is a respected voice in the music community as shown by his acclaimed solo albums and countless contributions to the work of other artists.  His creativity continues to surpass all boundaries of hip-hop, R&B, pop, and jazz. We welcome Q-Tip to the G.O.O.D. Music / Island Def Jam family.”
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

doggfather

2013??
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
dope hopefully they don't try to change dude's music.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

GangstaBoogy

Why would they? Kanye has been helping these OG backpackers out since he's been on. From Mos Def to Common to Q-Tip. GOOD Music is like the new Rawkus.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Why would they? Kanye has been helping these OG backpackers out since he's been on. From Mos Def to Common to Q-Tip. GOOD Music is like the new Rawkus.

Word, if anyone can get out a new Blackstar album it's Kanye. Looking forward to Q-Tips involvement on future GOOD projects. They've got a solid roster there, still not a big fan of Big Sean though.

Will_B

Would welcome new Q-Tip music but he needs to keep away from avant garde jazz beats and singing like his last album.

Tha Crip

no kidding that Renaissance album was some hot garbage lol...hope he gets some kanye/no id beats  8)
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!

naw. that's an overstatement. yeah they revitalized common to a degree but this is the same labe that released common's worst album ever universal mind control so....and kanye's beats aren't what they were in his heyday.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

jeromechickenbone

Definitely interested to hear how it sounds. Tribe is one of my favorites, but Qtip hasn't put out some dope shit in a minute.

But as far as labels go, GOOD will allow him more creativity than the others would.

He says cutting edge, that would be dope, but I have a feeling it will be disappointing. Hope I'm wrong.

Triple OG Rapsodie

no kidding that Renaissance album was some hot garbage lol...hope he gets some kanye/no id beats  8)

Really? To me its his best solo.

Tha Crip

ill check it out again...their could be a gem on it... maybe i missed something on the 1st and only listen  :-\
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.

naw. that's an overstatement. yeah they revitalized common to a degree but this is the same labe that released common's worst album ever universal mind control so....and kanye's beats aren't what they were in his heyday.

Lmao if you think kanye or good forced common to make that album. That was his idea, as evidence by electric circus, common likes to take chances.

And WTF are you talking about? My dark twisted fantasy was easily the best produced album of the year. Smh shouldn't be surprised a guy who thinks TI no mercy is a dope album doesn't know what he's talking about.

Good music will let q-tip make the album he wants. They don't interfere in albums process like say Atlantic. Or did you think it was TI's idea to make a song with Christina over a Alex da kid beat.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.

Yep. Easily. Sounds like will might be thinking of kamaal the abstract.

Will_B

no kidding that Renaissance album was some hot garbage lol...hope he gets some kanye/no id beats  8)

Yeah his last released album (just read it was recorded years back and leaked or something so I see the confusion).

I gave the cd a few spins then got rid..

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
no kidding that Renaissance album was some hot garbage lol...hope he gets some kanye/no id beats  8)

Yeah his last released album (just read it was recorded years back and leaked or something so I see the confusion).

I gave the cd a few spins then got rid..
y'all crazy !!!!!!! that renaissance album was sick and q tip at his best !!!!!!!! that album was incredible...the lyrics and features were on point and the production was amazing. it's definitely an album you can rewind and play from top to bottom imo.