Author Topic: NBA MVP Race  (Read 3035 times)

rayallen0

NBA MVP Race
« on: April 12, 2012, 02:27:50 AM »
so the race has narrowed down to 5.

Tony Parker: I don’t see him getting many votes, but you will see him get a few as a nod to his solid, veteran play.
Kevin Durant: Look for voters to show Durant plenty of love, but his generous team-first nature could ironically hurt his chances for an individual award.
Kobe Bryant: Bryant’s accomplishments this season will most likely be overlooked by voters, in favor of James and Durant.
Kevin Love:  I predict a solid third place finish in the voting for Love and a secure spot among basketball’s elite.
Lebron James: While voters certainly have an impressive list to choose from, many expect James to win his third MVP award.

who you got?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: NBA MVP Race
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 07:00:07 AM »
It will be LBJ. Most physically dominate player this year. His truly in his prime, still ain't clutch, but if he's on, he doesn't need to be because the Heat are blowing out teams.

Remedy360

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 10:28:11 AM »
Allen Iverson.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 02:32:04 PM »
Bron for sure

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 03:18:17 PM »
Gotta go with KD this year.  Bron still needs to win more when it counts.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 10:05:38 AM »
The way I look at it, the Thunder play their absolute best when Westbrook is on. When Wade is out the Heat are like 10-1.

Remedy360

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 10:24:21 AM »
The way I look at it, the Thunder play their absolute best when Westbrook is on. When Wade is out the Heat are like 10-1.

I see what you did there.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 11:28:34 AM »

The Heat also have a better score when Lebron isn't the lead scorer. So go figure.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 12:01:50 PM »
lebron stays chokin....missed free throw last night that woulda sealed the game. durant is s beast, but westbrook has taken on a lot of the load this season, almost 50/50. kobe is the most overlooked player in quite some time. seriously, bynum is shooting under 40% since kobe has been out. he was above 60% with kobe on the court. the guy does so much more than just score, which most people don't even see. the way he draws defenses and opens up opportunities for the bigs is extremely underrated. i'd say about 50% of bynum's looks are spoon-fed from kobe drawing double and sometimes even triple teams.. the defense knows kobe can beat u in many ways; face up, off the dribble, back-to-the-basket, drivin to the whole. no one in the league keeps the defense as honest as Kobe Bryant, and it just goes to show how valuable he is to his team in comparison to other players in the league. of course, mvp voters have never given kobe the benefit of the vote, so the winner will most likely be between lebron and durant, which isn't right, but the mvp voting is a popularity contest, not an honorable award, so it don't even really matter..

the finals mvp trophy, now, that's another story..

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 04:51:48 PM »
larry bird

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 04:52:31 PM »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 03:18:24 AM »
I bet it will go to Durant, mostly because LeBron already has 2.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 03:20:01 AM »
and because lebron stays chokin' in 4th quarters....for a player of his caliber to have 3 mvp's would be a joke of epic proportions.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 03:30:45 AM by NIKCC »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 03:23:29 AM »
Well, Rose got it last year ... but I see what you're saying though. LeBron went for the last 17 points with Wade out... maybe they should just switch lol
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 03:30:20 AM »
they should just shut either wade or lebron down...i think the team is better when it's only one of them on the court, as opposed to both.