Author Topic: NBA MVP Race  (Read 3038 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: NBA MVP Race
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2012, 08:11:34 PM »
I read about half of that. I'll comment on what I did read.

1. I didn't say those guys were know for their shot. I said if they were alone & had players around them who could shoot, they'd be okay. Because those guys knew when they had to operate & when they could set up somebody to be in an ideal spot to score.

2. Why did you name all those teams & "friends" of the star? It doesn't matter. Kobe Bryant, "best player of all-time, better than MJ" should do a little better than .500. You named some mediocre ass teams who "the greatest scorer of all-time" should be able to beat those teams. And don't give me some "well, teams knew who was going to shoot" because LeBron was alone against the Spurs in the Finals & you consider that a "choke"...somehow lol.

3. I don't remember anyone at all saying how the Cavs were deep. But that's kind of a stupid argument because he was more than deep enough against the Mavericks & they didn't win. NIK has turned this on LeBron James, but I'm not really speaking on LeBron at all in this thread outside about responding to NIK who couldn't handle me downplaying Kobe...I've been talking about Kobe. You all just spin it to a LeBron argument because you Laker fans get so damn angry when I downplay Kobe. I know LeBron didn't play up to par in the Finals. This isn't really about him though outside that he hands down deserves the MVP this year. Other than that, it's really a conversation about Kobe you niggas just can't accept.

4. LOL, this nigga wants to sit here & say "Well, these guys said Kobe didn't have a good team & those guys said LeBron's Cav deep was the deepest team in the league & Kobe said Kwamye Brown sucks". Well EVERYBODY & their mother in the media talks about how Kobe doesn't get Bynum or Pau involved at all, takes them out of rhythm, but you're going to sit here & tell me you see something professional analysts aren't seeing. "People saying things" about LeBron are spot on 100% of the time, right? But then Kobe gets brought up & those guys are fucking morons, right? lol. Skip Bayless, who you probably quote daily on your Twitter updates when he says LeBron has no clutch gene & should be on the bench the last five minutes of games is spot on there, but dead wrong & just flat out blind when he says Kobe fails to get them involved for the team to see it's full potential lol.

I mean, you're going to say that with a straight face, that Kobe has to "bail them out", when he's 0-15 shooting & Bynum hasn't even attempted his 4th shot of the game yet lol. It's beyond insanity the defense responses that come out of Laker fans mouths.

1. cmon bro, i just mentioned they didnt have much a of a J wasnt supposed to be a big deal.

2. i just said friends because they had a better role players/ b-list all star players on the team. im not saying kobe would of made tyson chandler or mo williams or such and all star or look good like cp3 and lebron did, but damn sure chandler is much better than kwame, samethign with smush and mo. yea some of them i named was medicore but still had a much better roster than he had. as much as i love and praise and see kobe as the first player to win a ring by himself scoring 50+ points every playoff game, its just a dream. honestly i give lebron kudos for reaching the finals that year, but the ECF is fucking weak then, but then again i dont knock him for losing that series even if it was a sweep. he was young as fuck, its an accomplishment. but i do no give him a pass the last 3 years he was in cleveland.

3. cmon bro, espn got everybody including their mamas (u know what i mean) to say cavs were the best team in the NBA, lol even mo himself jinxed it by saying "we're the best team in basketball.

3. i've never said kobe HAS to win the mvp this year, i believe KD has already made a good point for himself, hell even rose. but lebron..... yea he puts up numbers but thats not enough to put him over KD. yea yea he has westbrook and harden, but damn sure talent wise the big in the heat tops them, and their young, and its pretty crazy how much their beasting with KD at the tip of the spear and with their core being young, no veteran stars (fish just came they already made it known before he came that their gonan beast it) but still with that said i still believe lakers will take it all

4. yea they were considered the deepest team by BSPN, and whole bunch of other lebron fans, but the i never, at one point did i ever think that team was going to win. i honestly thought they WEREN'T deep enough, their team was definietly no better than the 08 celtics  or 09 magic, or the lakers and nuggets (i dont care what their seed was, they could of done no doubt they had the depth and the players and the coach to do it)

their team wasnt gtood enough, no solid back up bigs, lebron isnt clutch. they needed to surround him with what the team needed, but instead they surrounded him with what lebron wanted and paying to his every heed.

the thing is if your starting center is afraid to dunk an open basket, theres problems.

and also, watch laker games bro alot of times kobe takes those shots because he has too and i also blame mike brown considering his main plan is to give kobe teh ball and let him run iso's like hesa fucking 25. but dont get me wrong i do see times where he hogs and shoots when he should of pass. and like i said in the before post, bynum has been very assertive, i havent seen a point where kobe just went all out scoring in the last month or so. in feb jan yea he was because that was teh offensive game play (if there even was one).

and bynum not getting a shot in the 4th is probably out of context. brown proabably didnt put him in, ive seen that plenty of times.

lastly i dont know why you get so damn aggresive when talking about lakers fan going "this nigga" and lakers fans that, calm down white chocolate.

you got at  kobe, but i dont come out with a chip on my should when i debate.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2012, 03:10:47 AM »
I mean, honestly, I'm like 5'9'', white with an above average jump shot. If I was in the NBA & the coach was like "Just go do what Kobe does" & took 30+ shots a game, i'd score 10 points.

lmao...i missed this one earlier. golden.

Sccit

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2012, 03:23:13 AM »
looney, the guy gets defensive and touchy because he's gay. he thinks lashing out like that makes him more of a man, when in reality, it just makes him even more of a faggot...i mean, u gotta be 1 "dumb nigga" to not realize kobe aint nothin but a shooter, right? lmao. kobe is not great, we've all been fooled, once again. he also isn't a leader and he doesn't get his teammates going, despite the fact that Bynum was shooting 63% from the field with Kobe in the line-up and 44% without him. and those rings? well, psssh. Penny Hardaway coulda won those rings too...Kobe has Andrew frickin' Bynum! did u see him winning any rings with Kwame Brown? this nigga!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2012, 03:58:25 AM »
Bryant isn't a leader now ? Ehh, that's low even for you Chamilionare.

My vote goes to CP3. Look at what he did with the Cliippers, a true leader, how many times he took over the game, especially in clutch moments.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2012, 04:38:18 PM »
I mean, like I'm trying to explain, it's pointless discussing Kobe to Laker fans. Yeah, he's a "leader", he "leads" by taking 65% of his teams shots. Then Meho's dumbass says Chris Paul is a "true leader", but somehow lumps a true point guard who can score & above all, like a leader should do, sets his teammates up. In Meho's savy NBA mind that's the same as Kobe leading the NBA in shots per game despite having the best front court in basketball. Because you know...that makes logical sense. Kobe is only a leader in the respect that when he's on, he can dominate a game like Melo, Bron, Durant, etc. It's the equivalent of calling Melo a leader because he'll have his games like today where he won the game...but for the rest of the team...stood & watched inferior players try to create for themselves.

And NIK once again saying nothing of any relevance other than taking personal shots. I give you props for trying to use a stat. But not an idiotic one like "Well, when Kobe ISN'T on the floor & the other team isn't double teaming him when they get a chance & they can focus all their attention on Bynum & Bynum has to take more shots to cover Kobe's NBA leading 23 a game, Bynum shoots a lower percentage". C'mon, child.

With that said, amazing game by him today. & NIK, I watched the game, which is your favorite line to say against anyone who notices a flaw. The man hit shots, I can't take that away from that animal, but when the play wasn't designed around him he stood there & watched. Thunder stand no chance with Westbrook's retarded ass running the point so wrecklessly. 3-22...absolute joke.

Sccit

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2012, 05:41:37 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2012, 07:58:50 PM »
You can't handle the truth. 8)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2012, 08:12:22 PM »
Quote from: Joell Ortiz =/quote
I'm the man in the booth, with a few good men

You can't handle the truth. 8)

#slaughterhouse

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2012, 08:38:32 PM »
I mean, like I'm trying to explain, it's pointless discussing Kobe to Laker fans. Yeah, he's a "leader", he "leads" by taking 65% of his teams shots. Then Meho's dumbass says Chris Paul is a "true leader", but somehow lumps a true point guard who can score & above all, like a leader should do, sets his teammates up. In Meho's savy NBA mind that's the same as Kobe leading the NBA in shots per game despite having the best front court in basketball. Because you know...that makes logical sense. Kobe is only a leader in the respect that when he's on, he can dominate a game like Melo, Bron, Durant, etc. It's the equivalent of calling Melo a leader because he'll have his games like today where he won the game...but for the rest of the team...stood & watched inferior players try to create for themselves.

And NIK once again saying nothing of any relevance other than taking personal shots. I give you props for trying to use a stat. But not an idiotic one like "Well, when Kobe ISN'T on the floor & the other team isn't double teaming him when they get a chance & they can focus all their attention on Bynum & Bynum has to take more shots to cover Kobe's NBA leading 23 a game, Bynum shoots a lower percentage". C'mon, child.

With that said, amazing game by him today. & NIK, I watched the game, which is your favorite line to say against anyone who notices a flaw. The man hit shots, I can't take that away from that animal, but when the play wasn't designed around him he stood there & watched. Thunder stand no chance with Westbrook's retarded ass running the point so wrecklessly. 3-22...absolute joke.

i was a never a fan of westbrook, hes a terrible point guard, but u can make the same argument for AI but AI was just phenomenal, which gave him a pass.

if westbrook actually played point instead of chucking it up every opportunity he gets they might of won the game. lol there was a couple times in the game where i said "thank god for westbrook"

he needs to stop thinking hes a number one option, when his athleticism starts to dwindle, hes gonna be garbage. his jumpshot is mediocre also, he doesnt have a natural stroke.

and wait, you dont believe there a such thing of being "clutch"?

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2012, 10:22:05 PM »

i was a never a fan of westbrook, hes a terrible point guard, but u can make the same argument for AI but AI was just phenomenal, which gave him a pass.

if westbrook actually played point instead of chucking it up every opportunity he gets they might of won the game. lol there was a couple times in the game where i said "thank god for westbrook"

he needs to stop thinking hes a number one option, when his athleticism starts to dwindle, hes gonna be garbage. his jumpshot is mediocre also, he doesnt have a natural stroke.

and wait, you dont believe there a such thing of being "clutch"?

I mean, he was past prime by then, but we saw what happened in Denver when he played with a "Kevin Durant" in Melo. They clashed, Iverson needed to ball to operate. Always wanted to see him play with a dominate big man. But Westbook constantly clashes with Durant. There was even a point tonight, I think it was in the first overtime, Durant called for the ball, Westbrook looked at him & kinda gave him the "...but I want to shoot look" lol. Then drove, scored, but Durant pulled him over on the ensuing timeout. Surprised they haven't actually gotten into a confrontation on the floor yet.

& no, "clutch" is a media driven force to make people believe they are seeing the supernatural. Kobe actually was a prime example of this tonight. Kobe shot poorly early in the game, then naturally, due to the average of his shooting, shots finally started falling. Just happened to fall at the right time for the Lakers sake. Late in the 4th & both OTs he easily took 75% of the Lakers shots. Naturally he's going to hit some of them. He forced quite a few & missed some big ones, hit some big ones. At the end of the day, tonight on ESPN you're going to see all his makes & none of his misses & you'll say to yourself, "Wow, he's so clutch.", like him hitting 5-12 shots is something above & beyond human efforts lol.

Sccit

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2012, 11:31:32 PM »
wouldn't it be dope if cham got ran over by a bus?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2012, 11:32:14 PM »
wouldn't it be dope if artest got ran over by a bus?

yeah

Remedy360

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2012, 01:30:36 AM »

Yeah, I've always liked talking music/baseball with you but that was way over the top.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2012, 10:49:36 AM »
Are we just going to ignore the reasons why?

Sccit

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2012, 11:42:27 AM »
lol notice how rememdy didn't say basketball.