Author Topic: Rico (Organized Noise) talks about his experience with Kurupt  (Read 156 times)

GangstaBoogy

Complex does it again...

Kurupt “I Call Shots” (1999)
Album: Tha Streetz Iz a Mutha
Label: Antra

Rico Wade: "I did this song for Kurupt because of what he had done on the Cool Breeze album 'We Get It Crunk.' Kurupt just came through and didn't charge us any money—he just showed up. So I was like, 'I'm gonna do this beat for you for free; you can come and stay at my house.' I was just trying to show him some love. He had already had a hotel room he was staying at with Foxy Brown downtown, but I allowed him to stay at my house.

"We went to the Dungeon and I'm blending that shit hard, he writing to it, it's like 3 or 4 in morning, and I'm like, 'Shit, I'm gon' go ahead and go to sleep so I can get up early and we can get back on it.' But Kurupt was like, 'You don't mind if I keep on working?' and I was like, 'Cool.' The engineer was there, so I just went upstairs and went to bed. I remember waking up the next morning and I heard the beat still playing and I walked downstairs and Kurupt was still up smoking cigerrettes, the door was open, and the song was done—first verse, second verse, the hook. And he was looking at me like, 'Check it out.' I realized that people go as hard as you go. I knew I went in, I knew I worked all night, I knew I deserved to lay down… but he knew too. And he didn't go to sleep. And when I got up that shit was done. That shit was stupid. Kurupt is awesome.

"After he did that stuff with me, that's when Daz started fucking back with him, and Dr. Dre started messing with him. Kurupt told me it was almost as if they weren't taking him seriously anymore. So his whole way of getting away was coming to Atlanta. He ended up taking that shit and getting me paid for it. Have gave me $100,000 out of pocket for like three songs. He a real nigga, and that's why we got a great relationship. I later produced his little brother Roscoe's first single, and I worked with Snoop as well. That's family."

Damn so Kurupt stayed by Daz when everyone else stopped fucking with him, then Daz basically stopped working with him. They reunite. Kurupt goes back to Death Row and Daz beefs with him again? Sounds like Daz never had any loyalty to Gotti.

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/02/organized-noize-tells-all-the-stories-behind-their-classic-records/i-call-shots
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Will_B

Re: Rico (Organized Noise) talks about his experience with Kurupt
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 01:58:43 AM »
Thanks. Always wanted to know more bout Kurupts n Roscoes connection with the dude. That was a great few years for them on their mainstream stuff.