Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Issues  (Read 264 times)

bouli77

Snoop Dogg - Issues
« on: May 10, 2012, 02:40:18 PM »
Okay I may be late as fuck but is Issues a subliminal Daz diss ??

we know Daz's What It Iz on R.A.W. is a Snoop diss and Snoop & Daz fell out from like 98 to 01, and today I was bumpin Tha Last Meal on my way to work, it was the first time i was listening to it in like 11 years lol. back then I really didn't understand jack about English, so Issues came, and at one point Snoop goes "and what about your crew ? shit, my crew is the Eastside, fool, i though you knew. Dogg Pound ain't the same ? Yeah them niggaz split up and did their own thang and went made their own game. Money is thicker than blood ? That's fucked up but on the real that's how it is cuz, damn." I guess Snoop's talking about Daz with money being thicker than blood.

by the way, 11 years and a half years later, Last Meal is average IMHO, i mean the production bumps, but Snoop's flow is lazy (it's a trip that people can go platinum without putting much artistic effort), the lyrical content is meh (i was shocked by Ready 2 Ryde's lyrics, pathetic lmao) and I never liked Kokane's singing skills (i like him as a rapper though), so from an artistic point of view, Tha Last Meal is pretty weak, from a gangsta rap standpoint though, it's pretty good. the production is very dope, except for that I Can Swim track, lol.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 02:41:53 PM by bouli77 »

Sleazy

Re: Snoop Dogg - Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 02:57:35 PM »
Yeah it has to be about Daz, I wouldn't even call it subliminal.

Tha Last Meal is Snoop's best album  8)

Okka

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 03:39:20 PM »
Yeah, it was probably about Daz. Everybody in the original DPG clique went their own ways though.

Sleazy

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 03:44:44 PM »
Yeah, it was probably about Daz. Everybody in the original DPG clique went their own ways though.

But Kurupt is on the album and was obviously cool with Snoop. Nate Dogg, Lady of Rage too.

Sleazy

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 03:47:43 PM »
And not blood related like Daz. Or who do you mean like RBX or someone?

Okka

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 03:59:21 PM »

But Kurupt is on the album and was obviously cool with Snoop. Nate Dogg, Lady of Rage too.

When he said blood he might've spoken about people who are real close to him. I guess it was about Daz though. Big C-Style spoke about when DPG kinda broke up when Snoop left Death Row.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:02:01 PM by Okka »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 04:29:45 PM »
money is thicker than blood = money causes close homies to split up

bouli77

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 04:34:57 PM »
yeah i know but in this case i figured it was a pun based on the fact that daz was his blood relation and that he had chosen to stay on death row in spite of them making money over snoop's name. that's why i was asking.

Sleazy

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 04:47:37 PM »
money is thicker than blood = money causes close homies to split up

Huh? Are you saying it's some kind of idiom that doesn't refer to an actual blood relation? I've never heard it used that way. And all a quick googling reveals is that Boss Hogg from Dukes of Hazzard seems to have originated it, and used it to refer to a blood relation...