Author Topic: Can I get sued for monetizing my songs on youtube?  (Read 124 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Can I get sued for monetizing my songs on youtube?
« on: May 17, 2012, 08:47:56 PM »
You guys know that little MeditationsEp I made I have up on youtube.   The beats for that EP were downloaded from Soundclick.  All except one of them were "free downloads" on youtube and the one that wasn't is from like 2004 so I doubt the person even remembers or cares who produced the beat.

Is there any chance at all of me getting sued for money?  Or is it just a matter of them asking me to take the song down and suspending my account?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Dikteta Dax

Re: Can I get sued for monetizing my songs on youtube?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:11:49 PM »
I'm a partner on youtube and i upload videos with beats we used on soundclick with no problems.  9 times out of 10 the producer will never even notice that you are using the beat.  Then if they put it up for free download I don't think they could sue you either, especially tracks with samples considering the fact that they probably don't have the rights to the sample.  If someone complains about a track on your shit or its some type of copyright shit they will just delete the shit and give you a warning on your youtube account.

Shit the video in my sig I took the beat from that new 9th wonder instrumental album and that video is monetized

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 08:44:33 AM »
I'm a partner on youtube and i upload videos with beats we used on soundclick with no problems.  9 times out of 10 the producer will never even notice that you are using the beat.  Then if they put it up for free download I don't think they could sue you either, especially tracks with samples considering the fact that they probably don't have the rights to the sample.  If someone complains about a track on your shit or its some type of copyright shit they will just delete the shit and give you a warning on your youtube account.

Shit the video in my sig I took the beat from that new 9th wonder instrumental album and that video is monetized

thanks for the info homie
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 01:13:31 PM »
yea...they cant really do nothin unless u sellin it.