Author Topic: I hate this kind of fakeness in Rap (I'm throwing my nigga TI out there)...  (Read 305 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.19789/title.ti-contemplating-retirement-says-rap-isnt-the-same

Clifford sounds retarded.  First off, all of this is probably coming from the MTV Hip Hop POV Interview where Charlamagne put him in the "hot seat" for talking about selling drugs 10 years later after multi multi-platinum albums.  Everybody pulls this card when they realize that their stock is dropping, TI is no different.  

Good for him that he wants to get out but stop poisoning my culture with this nonsense.  Niggaz been makin records about "real" hip hop vs "fake" hip hop since it's birth.  This shit is gettin predictable and corny and everybody does it.

This trend of being in the Elite Division of Hip Hop and bashing it has to go ASAP.  I get it, sometimes it works for better sales and it sparks interest but everybody can't be doin it all of the time.  Sometimes it leaves people with the impression that Rap Music sucks and instead of pushing them away becuz You or Your Team aren't getting it like y'all used to, you should be stepping your game up and trying to innovate it.  Hip Hop has solid roots that'll never vanish but you can experiment heavily with it.  

And I get branding but niggaz should expand their horizons if they're feeling some kinda way and/or something their doing isn't working.  Gucci was right, he shoulda signed Travis Porter, instead of "Maybach O" Ross shoulda really signed Usher.  I think niggaz need to start being smarter and taking better care of their brand as opposed to "running til the wheels fall off" and staying boxed in 1 lane.  It won't work for everybody but some of these niggaz need to start being better businessmen.  But would I be fake for still listening to songs by TI.......it's not the same

Hack Wilson - real

you listen to Nicki Minaj and 2 Chainz

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
well hollywood. tip lived what he rapped. that's why it's acceptable to me. i mean..he makes some shit and then first thing out people's mouth is oh i want that old trap muzik t.i. when he does just that: he's fake. can't please everybody. and to be honest there is a load of fake niggas in the game including ross, gucci, 2 chainz,etc. shit ross was a c.o. yet he talks all this drug kingpin shit and it's cool. wayne never gangbanged in his life and it's cool but tip is fake ? i think we may need to redefine fake.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BiggBoogaBiff

That's the first time I ever saw/heard someone call Gucci Mane fake, that's definitely news to me.  I find it pretty funny that any and everybody successful is automatically fake, that's amusing.  Especially when none of us knew them or anybody around em.  I guess u have a built in intuition thats exclusive.  

And of course it's acceptable, I accept it too (his content or anybody from his walk in life for that matter - for the most part).  I'm just sayin why throw Hip Hop as a whole under the bus.  He's entitled to his own opinion but he's not keepin it trill with that.

I want a Hip Hop Police Squad to find out who came from that life and who didn't.  All of these subliminals are corny.  I need names, dates, and atleast ONE witness.

That's that shit I don't like!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
That's the first time I ever saw/heard someone call Gucci Mane fake, that's definitely news to me.  I find it pretty funny that any and everybody successful is automatically fake, that's amusing.  Especially when none of us knew them or anybody around em.  I guess u have a built in intuition thats exclusive.  

well i'm suprised t.i. was called fake when there are many other rappers who are flauntin' their fakeness in our face. so it's like the pot callin' the kettle black. that man has made it out the trap and has become successful and is takin' care of his fam. what's fake about that ?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BiggBoogaBiff

Nevermind, u don't get what I'm sayin

Hack Wilson - real

BiggBoogaBiff

Shyeit mane

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
not really but explain. it seems like the man is pissed about hip hop right now and he has a point. i don't think he should retire at all but that's a tactic artists use in a bidding war. this is the last album for atlantic records...so i expect the retirement shit. but anyway he's right. back in the day none of the shit in hip hop today would be happening then.

BiggBoogaBiff

EVERYBODY great or noticeable is "mad at hip hop right now" and have been since before Eazy E transitioned on, it's the oldest marketing tool in the book.  Tell someone you're mad at the game becuz it's so fake and so wack, then release a mixtape, fall back for a little, then release a new single, then either release another mixtape or album/release the mixtape leading up to the album.  It's very blatant actually.  They don't realize the kind of message they're putting out there and how stupid they sound.  

If every now and then somebody has a true beef with the game and wants to vent then they need to tell us why they're mad and who they're mad at and if they're going to come back atleast say that they were feeling emotional when they said it (or that they had to learn the ropes the hard way).  All of this random disgruntledness is gay, especially by our Representers.  It's just like I said tho, dude is paranoid about his image becuz my nigga mane Charlamagne put him out there.  Even tho in reality when it comes to people like TI it doesn't really matter just simply becuz he attempts to make some type of balance in his music/on his albums.

Anybody that follows the industry knows this

Triple OG Rapsodie

how a playa gon fall for that 42 fake...

BiggBoogaBiff

I'll tell y'all again for a sixth time...  When Tip went BACK to Prison it really fucked his brand up big time, he lost ALOT of momentum from that.  He wasn't like Wayne or Suge, there was no secondary "head-piece"/face to Grand Hustle other than BoB and Ball/G.  

...BUT BoB is pretty much a Pop artist (definitely not a bad thing, and actually he's just musically diverse and other backgrounds of people enjoyed it) and Ball & G are OGs, they've had their shine.  Now they're their own brands in their own right but Drake is synonymous with Weezy and Pac is synonymous with Death Row.  TI didnt have that, sometimes u forget that BoB is on Grand Hustle
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:22:50 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
not really but explain. it seems like the man is pissed about hip hop right now and he has a point. i don't think he should retire at all but that's a tactic artists use in a bidding war. this is the last album for atlantic records...so i expect the retirement shit. but anyway he's right. back in the day none of the shit in hip hop today would be happening then.

The fakeness to me comes from his calling out fake rappers, when he's worked with someone who is a known fraud, Ricky Ross. You can't hate on frauds then work with him, contradicting as hell.

BiggBoogaBiff

Y'all are aware that people get high in the Jails and Prisons right?  U r aware that there is a such thing as heterosexual sex in there too...  Or am I the only person who's ever been locked up and know people who have (and some who r)?

I don't know Ross personally but I'm sayin.  That's just a fact that nobody wants to throw out there. 

But this is about TI tho, he's definitely feelin that bid (as far as his solo music career goes).  He can still sell some records but I can see him fading out behind the scenes.  He better sign better talent and do bigger business if he wants TRUE longevity in the game

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:31:39 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Y'all are aware that people get high in the Jails and Prisons right?  U r aware that there is a such thing as heterosexual sex in there too...  Or am I the only person who's ever been locked up and know people who have (and some who r)?

I don't know Ross personally but I'm sayin....

But this is about TI tho, he's definitely feelin that bid (as far as his solo music career goes).  He can still sell some records but I can see him fading out behind the scenes.  He better sign better talent and do bigger business if he wants TRUE longevity in the game

I know 4-5 people who have been to prison and none of them fuck with C.O.'s. Ross got his ass exposed and still denied that shit. He's a fraud. He makes good music, but he's a fraud.

Yeah that bid definitely hit TIP, though if you remember back he couldn't get a single to catch at all before No Mercy