Author Topic: Is Dj Quik a good rapper?  (Read 472 times)

Matty

Re: Is Dj Quik a good rapper?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 02:46:20 PM »
yes, unique and personal raps, varied flows. not exactly the best rapper ever but the problem is his tone isn't the smoothest. it's something that probably turns a lot of people off to his music. i'm not a huge fan in that sense. he can sure as hell produce himself, but there's only so much you can do.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 02:57:57 PM »
lmao@"terrible rapper"...from this day forth, i will always consider a diss from u as a compliment.

most people outside of dubcc think of E-40 as a terrible rapper...everyone has their own opinions Elior

not really...e40 is one of the most respected rappers in the game.

yeah just ask AZ and Rasheed Wallace what they think of e-40

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 03:12:18 PM »
lmao@"terrible rapper"...from this day forth, i will always consider a diss from u as a compliment.

most people outside of dubcc think of E-40 as a terrible rapper...everyone has their own opinions Elior

LOL. 40's older shit is classic though.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

bouli77

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 03:26:26 PM »

you're obviously stuck in the past and don't know what really happened. Sheed admitted to being a hater to E-40 after they squashed their beef a long time ago. and AZ actually never really dissed E-40, his words were distorted by the now deceased 4080 magazine. E-40 is respected by most legends in the game, but hated by their elitist fan base mostly.

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 03:31:48 PM »
LOL @ these Quik threads.

Yeah, Quik's a good rapper. I actually think his voice is dope, sounds different from everyone else. His biggest weakness as a rapper to me is his subject matter.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 03:38:59 PM »

you're obviously stuck in the past and don't know what really happened. Sheed admitted to being a hater to E-40 after they squashed their beef a long time ago. and AZ actually never really dissed E-40, his words were distorted by the now deceased 4080 magazine. E-40 is respected by most legends in the game, but hated by their elitist fan base mostly.

AZ said e-40 didn't deserve to go platinum

how can you distort that

bouli77

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2012, 03:49:19 PM »
no he didn't say that, you read that he had said that, there's a significant difference. a lot of journalists shorten passages or even make up passages to stir controversy to help sell their magazine.

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/04/e-40-essentials/record-haters
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:51:03 PM by bouli77 »

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 04:22:43 PM »
a compliment that hurts you deeply. i kinda expected this response on here, most people i know would agree with me. you cant deny his talent as a producer but the rapping just gets old fast.

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 05:00:13 PM »
a compliment that hurts you deeply. i kinda expected this response on here, most people i know would agree with me. you cant deny his talent as a producer but the rapping just gets old fast.

i understand if u dont think he's a great album, but to say he's a "terrible" rapper is a joke, and hopefully trollin on ur part..

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 05:40:29 PM »
no he didn't say that, you read that he had said that, there's a significant difference. a lot of journalists shorten passages or even make up passages to stir controversy to help sell their magazine.

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/04/e-40-essentials/record-haters

good read, thanks for posting that

Elko.

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 07:39:39 PM »
He's decent. He's fallen off the last few albums in terms of lyrics.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 08:51:08 PM »

i understand if u dont think he's a great album, but to say he's a "terrible" rapper is a joke, and hopefully trollin on ur part..

Exactly haha. I suggest for people to look up the definition of words before they decide to use them.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

papa-smurf

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 07:12:11 PM »
Dj quik is dope as fuck.he got the voice,style,flow.quik is that dude.most def one of the best 2 ever do it.quik be on that fly shit.that on top of being the best producer.