Author Topic: is Nas down with nicki minaj just for fame?  (Read 634 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: is Nas down with nicki minaj just for fame?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 02:22:49 PM »
^it was a crunk song, perfect for teh club

Jimmy H.

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 01:19:25 AM »
The game just don't plain work like that. You might get some buzz off working with certain popular artists but someone like Nicki Minaj is making music with a lot of fucking people so it's not like the odds of a collaboration resulting in a major impact in terms of crossover are that likely. That's why it's always silly when people on these boards act like one or two collabos that get spins are going turn certain artists into household names off the strength. Like "if that Baby song with Ashanti was big in 2002, Crooked I would be a household name and Death Row would have come back big" or "If Jay-Z picked Justify My Thug as a single, DJ Quik would be a big name super producer". It's not like just standing next to a certain person in a succesful situation is going to rub that light your way. You're not going to see for instance, a Vin Diesel movie and just because so and so was his co-star, you're going to pay to watch whatever he is in but if you keep seeing him pop up and build his resume in maybe a Sam Jackson movie or opposite Jessica Alba and he builds up likeable performances, you'll start getting know to and check for him. Think about how many artists work with cats you dig and their project comes out and that person ain't affiliated with it and it doesn't get you excited to buy it. D-12 might sell millions of albums off of a strong single with some Eminem presence but that doesn't mean those same million people are going to pay for a Kuniva solo album, even if they have been exposed to who dude is.

caffeinefiend

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 01:54:29 AM »
Nas was pretty damn famous already. He doesn't need a Nicki Minaj collab to get his name out. They did it either because they wanted to (artistically speaking) or because they thought it would generate a lot of revenue.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 01:44:38 PM »
naah...nas already went through his club phase. shit didn't really work out.

What clubs joints are you thinkin of?

"You Owe Me" comes to mind.

That "You Owe Me" joint was hot tho
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 02:34:09 PM »
do u think nicki is down with nas because of his legendary status in the game..n can convert his fans..

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 02:38:28 PM »
why cant niggas just make songs because they want to? lmao @ yall niggas gettin technical, spitting conspiracy theories
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

caffeinefiend

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 04:21:16 PM »
do u think nicki is down with nas because of his legendary status in the game..n can convert his fans..

Yeah, maybe.

EAZY-LI

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 05:27:00 PM »

Yeah, maybe.

well it hasnt worked  :-\
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2012, 07:15:47 PM »
Nicki Minaj I salute you.

The first african american woman rapper with autism.  Congrats.  Youre opening up doors for retards everywhere.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 07:44:48 AM »
Do you niggas ever read or anything?

It's obvious that while he might not be hurting financially dude owes the IRS alot of money and he still has to pay Kelis monthly i believe. That's why he's been doing features with Nicki, Chris Brown and etc lately.

un0mic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Aaaaaaannnd weeeeeee'reeeeee baaaaaaaaack!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 06:37:37 PM »
 ??? :-\ Wowzers :laugh: :o
Wowzers!
L.A.M.B. Bitch!
-M.O.