Author Topic: Prometheus (2012)  (Read 2057 times)

Will_B

Re: Prometheus (2012)
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2012, 01:50:46 PM »
Saw this in IMAX, it was visually breath taking.

Lmfao @ watching this on a laptop off some bootleg copy.

This film needs to be seen in theaters to appreciate the beautiful cinematography.

1. Same

2. Same

3. Same

basically, what he said

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2012, 05:07:49 PM »
Saw this in IMAX, it was visually breath taking.

Lmfao @ watching this on a laptop off some bootleg copy.

This film needs to be seen in theaters to appreciate the beautiful cinematography.

visual quality doesnt make or break a movie. i enjoyed it without IMAX-effects

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2012, 07:06:53 PM »
You sound broke.

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2012, 12:00:45 AM »
 :-\

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2012, 12:04:28 AM »
But on subject, while it may not make or break a film it adds a lot to it.

It's like listening to some trap rap with some nice subs in your car instead of on your laptop.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2012, 12:07:42 AM »
 Been meaning to see this for a few weeks but keep not getting around to it. iam half hearted and it seems alot of people were disappointed with it.
 I like sci fi but am always sceptical about them being long and slow and boring.
 Prolly be good to see for the effects i guess.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2012, 12:25:10 AM »
I enjoyed the movie but I think the problem is too many people are expecting an alien film instead of looking at the film on it's own merit.

Additionally people lI've to have the story and plot spoon fed to them. This movie doesn't do that in fact it requires the use of your brain and a lot of thinking. I'd be willing to bet 85% of the audience didn't understand a good portion of the film.

For example the poster above complaint of Davidson actions because he's not supposed to feel....

SPOILERS

Near the beginning of the film David is seen watching a film and quotes a part of the movie about and I'm paraphrasing here " it does hurt, the trick is not to show it." this is key because David DOES have feelings, he's just not supposed to but he's evolved somehow. Note the sheer look of disappointment on his face when weylands hologram remarks he can't be his son because he has no soul.  Theirs other examples in the film as well.

That's just a very small example of something so subtle in the story that the average person won't catch. And the entire film is like that. The films story is told in visuals in many occasions in blink and you miss it ways.

If any wants to discuss it further I'm open to that.

Now on a side note yes the film is not perfect. The characters themselves except David basically are a let down and are chosen as plot devices to further to story rather then as full fledged characters. But this film is about mythology not a character driven drama, though that doesn't excuse them.

Will_B

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2012, 02:34:01 AM »

It's like listening to some trap rap with some nice subs in your car instead of on your laptop.

Mike doesn't have a car either.

All his life experiences happen in front of his pc (tiny speakers and dim screen). He said its even been hard to see the necrophilia/scat/rape pics he's always posting.

On topic I want to see this film again before it ends its run in the cinema. Normal 2D at my local cinema

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2012, 04:24:55 AM »
I enjoyed the movie but I think the problem is too many people are expecting an alien film instead of looking at the film on it's own merit.

Additionally people lI've to have the story and plot spoon fed to them. This movie doesn't do that in fact it requires the use of your brain and a lot of thinking. I'd be willing to bet 85% of the audience didn't understand a good portion of the film.

For example the poster above complaint of Davidson actions because he's not supposed to feel....

SPOILERS

Near the beginning of the film David is seen watching a film and quotes a part of the movie about and I'm paraphrasing here " it does hurt, the trick is not to show it." this is key because David DOES have feelings, he's just not supposed to but he's evolved somehow. Note the sheer look of disappointment on his face when weylands hologram remarks he can't be his son because he has no soul.  Theirs other examples in the film as well.

That's just a very small example of something so subtle in the story that the average person won't catch. And the entire film is like that. The films story is told in visuals in many occasions in blink and you miss it ways.

If any wants to discuss it further I'm open to that.

Now on a side note yes the film is not perfect. The characters themselves except David basically are a let down and are chosen as plot devices to further to story rather then as full fledged characters. But this film is about mythology not a character driven drama, though that doesn't excuse them.

actually that movie do not make u think about it afterward cuz give lots of answers and that why is average and if you compare to Alien looks very shallow
 but  article this is just how about i feel about this movie

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/06/prometheus-preboots-and-parasitic-cinema.php
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 04:28:42 AM by ICHI THE KILLER »

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2012, 04:37:19 AM »
Lol wut?

Alien was a very basic horror movie with nothing going on. I mean their was nothing to discuss.

I really think you have no clue what your talking about. In what way did it give you all the answers? Was there a scene explaining what happened at the beginning? Was there a scene explaining why the aliens decided to destroy humans after creating them? Was there a scene explaining why David acted the way he did?

No there wasn't. So how is there nothing to discuss and how were all the answers given?

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2012, 04:44:37 AM »
As for that link. That was awful. It sounds like a bitter nerd wrote it mad because it's not an Alien film, which the film isn't supposed to be which is why it doesn't have the word alien in the title. The whole article is spent comparing it to Alien instead of seeing the film as it's own. Just a terribly pretentious, pointless article.

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2012, 08:28:00 AM »
Lol wut?

Alien was a very basic horror movie with nothing going on. I mean their was nothing to discuss.

i can only say loooool that movie is better in every aspect beside effects  - better story, better actors, better suspense (and thats why it is consider as a Sci-Fi/horror classic) and ending of Prom is just plain retarded
 this movie not need be watch as its own (cuz they said so lool) cuz it it almost the same as first Alien and if u watch the first Alien everything is almost 99%  like a follow up

why they didnt answer all those questions is very easy cuz they will do sequel and then u will have ur answers and i can bet they will as idiotic as most of hollywood sequels and thats why Alien was so great cuz it was stand alone movie. if they would go even further with all those explanation in that movie. it would go from average straight to movie for retards
btw David was an android so it was obvious he was programmed to act like this
only whats safe this movie from being total let down are special effects

and u simply didnt understood the article cuz he is not complaining that is not another Alien movie but he comparing this to first Alien and explaining why orginal is better and why Prom is average pop corn blockbuster with crap script and he is right in that
and whats wrong with comparing those 2 movies even blind can see they have lots in common starting with director

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2012, 12:44:43 PM »

Mike doesn't have a car either.

All his life experiences happen in front of his pc (tiny speakers and dim screen). He said its even been hard to see the necrophilia/scat/rape pics he's always posting.

On topic I want to see this film again before it ends its run in the cinema. Normal 2D at my local cinema

lol, why do u keep replyin to Jay's posts related to me?

and lmao, how the hell do u know if i have a car or not?
did u google my whereabouts wit a satellite now?

Will_B

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2012, 12:48:33 PM »
and lmao, how the hell do u know if i have a car or not?

"I'm 25 and still in Eduction, one day soon..I'll be able to get any job I want ..and buy a car"

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2012, 12:51:28 PM »
*sigh*
keep it up, stalker
ur at "Mike madsen-related post" #4 in the span of ~46 seconds so far today.

[i]edit[/i]
and i aint never been a Danish murderer,dammit. ur breakin my heart right now wit that picture  :grumpy:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:10:17 PM by OG Michael Madsen »