Author Topic: Was signing Kreayshawn to $1 mill the worst idea in music history? NEW VIDEO  (Read 2421 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
You can make 12 posts in less than five minutes. I apologize for having a larger variety of music to discuss outside of Game.

GangstaBoogy

Lol it never fails, you can never go a day without mentioning Game. You're the one obsessed with him. He's not even one of my 10 favorite rappers. I've made it clear since 06-07 that Budden is the best.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Hack Wilson - real

Lol it never fails, you can never go a day without mentioning Game. You're the one obsessed with him. He's not even one of my 10 favorite rappers. I've made it clear since 06-07 that Budden is the best.

cham is a budden stan too

hitsaw

Sccit

what the hell is so special about budden...average mc with a couple good songs. never understood the peeps who swore by him.

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Kreyshawn needs to stick to making that "bumpin bumpin" style of music.  That's her best shit. 

Hack Wilson - real

what the hell is so special about budden...average mc with a couple good songs. never understood the peeps who swore by him.

are u serious????

AVERAGE MC??????????????

shit man you need to hear "Sober Up" and tell me he average.  #smh

Sccit

are u serious????

AVERAGE MC??????????????

shit man you need to hear "Sober Up" and tell me he average.  #smh

naah, he has great lyrical skills....but i never felt his overall delivery and mic presence. comes off as sorta boring to me.

i see peeps sayin hes 1 of the greatest or in their top 5...shit like that is surprising to me.

Hack Wilson - real

Sccit

point proven

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Budden makes music for normal people. No gimmick, no act, no stupid voices, no silly ass sounding flow. Dude is just real.

& lyrically, it almost isn't fair.

GangstaBoogy

Funny thing is, I used to hate Joe Budden lol. When "Pump It Up" dropped I thought he was another annoying commercial rapper who was hiding behind great production.

I didn't give him a chance till I heard him clown Game on "Game Over" then address his label situation on "Def Jam Diss". Then as the rest of the industry went club / crank&snap / trap crazy, Budden dug himself back underground and carved his own lane. He didn't keep reaching and trying to force himself into the mainstream, he started dropping shit like Explain My Life, Broken Wings, 3 Sides to a Story. The more I listened to him the less I was able to listen to other artist. He can be depressing sometimes but I'm a fan of music with content and dude never runs out of material.

I thought his run was over after those 2 wack Escape tapes. But MM4 was fuckin insane. "Intro (Pray 4 Me)" = perfect example of why he's the best.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Triple OG Rapsodie

Budden has an incredibly weak delivery. But hey, so does MF DOOM and yet he has a legion of fans too.

Quadruple OG

Re: Was signing Kreayshawn to $1 mill the worst idea in music history? NEW VIDEO
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2012, 08:24:01 AM »
Question: Was signing Kreayshawn to $1 mill the worst idea in music history?

Answer:

The final numbers for the past week's album sales are officially in and it appears that Kreayshawn's proper debut, Something 'Bout Kreay, got off to a rough start. It only moved a total of 3,900 units in its first week, which landed it at No. 104 on the Billboard 200. Will it get a boast with the right push/single release in the coming weeks? We'll see.

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/09/kreayshawns-something-bout-kreay-sells-3900-first-week-copies

Will_B

Re: Was signing Kreayshawn to $1 mill the worst idea in music history? NEW VIDEO
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2012, 09:11:43 AM »
Question: Was signing Kreayshawn to $1 mill the worst idea in music history?

Answer:

The final numbers for the past week's album sales are officially in and it appears that Kreayshawn's proper debut, Something 'Bout Kreay, got off to a rough start. It only moved a total of 3,900 units in its first week, which landed it at No. 104 on the Billboard 200. Will it get a boast with the right push/single release in the coming weeks? We'll see.

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/09/kreayshawns-something-bout-kreay-sells-3900-first-week-copies

Damn I didn't even know this was out. They fucked with her look and that cover is terrible. I wouldn't even look at it twice in a store (and I'm someone who'd give that shit a chance) looks like a teeny pop idol type cover.