Author Topic: Henry Hill ("Goodfellas"), dead at 69  (Read 260 times)

Sccit

Henry Hill ("Goodfellas"), dead at 69
« on: June 13, 2012, 02:50:49 PM »
Henry Hill, the famed mobster turned FBI informant whose life story was documented in the book "Wiseguy"- upon which Martin Scorsese's 1990 gangster epic "Goodfellas" was based - has died at the age of 69.

Hill died at a Los Angeles hospital of an undisclosed illness on Tuesday, Nate Caserta, the son of Hill's fiancé Lisa Schinelli Casterta, confirmed.

"[His] heart just stopped. He had been sick for a long time," Nate Caserta told ABC News.

"I will never be the same. I lost someone I cared about a lot . Someone who loved my family and helped me a lot with life," Nate Caserta wrote in a post on Facebook. "You truly lived a life no one could live. You touched so many peoples lifes. Your spirit lives forever with me."

Caserta told ABC News that his family was talking about Hill's smoking problem while his health deteriorated.

Hill was famously associated with New York's Lucchese crime family throughout the 1960s and into the 1980s. He began his life of crime at the age of 11 while growing up on the working class East New York section of Brooklyn by running errands for Paul Vario, a captain in the Lucchese family.

"It's an intoxicating lifestyle that sucks you in. Then you get too scared, and too in love with the money, to leave," Hill told "Good Morning America" in 2004. "All people do is fear you - and that's intoxicating. It's a strange lifestyle."

Hill completed his first major robbery when he and Thomas DeSimone - who was portrayed in an Oscar-winning performance by Joe Pesci in "Goodfellas" - famously robbed Air France of a shipment of $420,000 in April of 1967.

In the 1970s Hill spent six years in prison after he was found guilty of extortion. While in prison, with the help of his wife Karen, Hill still managed to operate outside the law by smuggling drugs and food. He was eventually released early in 1978 for being a model prisoner.

Hill became an FBI informant following a 1980 arrest on a narcotics-trafficking charge, and testimony he delivered led to 50 arrests.

Hill, his wife Karen and their two children entered the witness protection program and changed their names. They were relocated to several locations in Omaha, Neb., Independence, Ky., and Redmond, Wash.

Hill and his wife were expelled from the program in the early 1990s following several arrests on narcotics-related charge. The couple soon divorced. Later he relocated to Malibu and began dating Lisa Caserta, began to sell his own artwork on eBay, and made frequent guest appearances on "The Howard Stern Show".

In 2010, Hill was inducted in the Museum of the American Gangster in New York City.

Ray Liota portrayed Hill in "Goodfellas," which was nominated for six Academy Awards, including Best Picture. Crime reporter Nicholas Pileggi published the book "Wiseguy" in 1986.

Knew him...Nate Casterta=Purps Beats=the homie

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Henry Hill ("Goodfellas"), dead at 69
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 03:33:35 PM »
LOL, course you knew him. You the man.

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 03:52:43 PM »
Lol, once again, cocksucker Cham comes in a thread to talk about me instead of the topic at hand..

Those are traits of a frustrated homo.. What don't u get? Control urself.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:55:33 PM by NIKCC »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 06:00:16 PM »
i would say RIP but he's a snitch.  who didn't get stitches.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 08:18:42 PM »

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 10:26:25 PM »
I hope jimmy wacks him in hell.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 01:15:07 AM »
Lol, once again, cocksucker Cham comes in a thread to talk about me instead of the topic at hand..

Those are traits of a frustrated homo.. What don't u get? Control urself.

Course you know traits of frustrated homos.

& I talked about you knowing him & laughing my ass off over the idea. Is that not part of the topic? You referenced it. YOU KNOW if some nigga came through & was like "Word?!?!? You knew him? That's sick, man!", you'd be like "hahaha, yeah man" & not, "Well, I did...but let's stick to the topic". I always stick to the topic, you just hate the reality.

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 01:51:43 AM »
but theres nothing funny about that idea...unless ur a cocksucker, of course, which is why i said what i did, ya fuckin fruit.

and if someone said it was cool that i knew him, they'd be stickin to the topic...u havin paranoid delusions about me knowin him when i just said that nate casterta (from the article) = purps beats, who is an old homie of mine and has even produced L.A.M.B cuts is yet another case of u sucking cock. so cham, why do u think it's so cool to suck cock on internet message forums? thats a real question. please answer rather than replying with a pic of my brother, who looks like he could beat ur ass.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 09:50:53 AM »
....but it's on topic, right? So now you're just admitting that you basically say whatever the first thing that comes to your mind because your frustration levels have reached new highs.

& LMFAOLOL @ attempting the reverse psychology because you're sick of seeing...

...this nigga on your screen.

Then you have the nuts to talk about "cock-sucking". After he "came out" on here, it became so obvious why that's been your "go-to diss" for a decade of e-nerding. It's just such a daily activity in the Maimon home that you come across. Whether it be mom blowing dad or brother blowing friend.

LIGHTS_444

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 10:55:46 AM »
may he rest in peace(NOT PISS aka urine) piss is not a peaceful place....
so we will wish for him to rest in peace

L.A.M.B!

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 11:21:58 AM »
....but it's on topic, right? So now you're just admitting that you basically say whatever the first thing that comes to your mind because your frustration levels have reached new highs.

& LMFAOLOL @ attempting the reverse psychology because you're sick of seeing...

...this nigga on your screen.

Then you have the nuts to talk about "cock-sucking". After he "came out" on here, it became so obvious why that's been your "go-to diss" for a decade of e-nerding. It's just such a daily activity in the Maimon home that you come across. Whether it be mom blowing dad or brother blowing friend.

LIGHTS_444

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 11:25:42 AM »
LIGHTEN UP YOUR WORLD
WITH FURTHER LIFE EXPERIENCE

L.A.M.B!