Author Topic: What would you do if your favorite rapper pulled a Canibus?  (Read 640 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: What would you do if your favorite rapper pulled a Canibus?
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2012, 09:00:23 PM »
Depends. My favorite rappers are dope artists & nothing stupid they did outside of those albums would ever take away what those albums are musically.

But like someone else said, I also fuck with Immortal Technique & he's more of a battle rapper, less of a true, album-based artist. So if he pulled that, I'd laugh at him forever.

Doesn't mean he couldn't come back & impress me the next time out though.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2012, 09:04:57 PM »
Depends. My favorite rappers are dope artists & nothing stupid they did outside of those albums would ever take away what those albums are musically.

But like someone else said, I also fuck with Immortal Technique & he's more of a battle rapper, less of a true, album-based artist. So if he pulled that, I'd laugh at him forever.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2012, 09:28:50 PM »

Not true. Revolutionary Vol 2 >>> anything Slaughterhouse has released as a group or individually.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2012, 09:52:20 PM »
Not Budden.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2012, 12:59:15 AM »
Budden would trade his soul to release something like Revolutionary Vol 2 or 3rd World. I think its been too long since you've spun those tapes, you forgot just how good they are.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2012, 11:43:42 AM »
this bitch russell bell is a fuckin' fruit pie. straight up american pie ingredients. i hurt his feelings and he logs off then log back on to stalk me again. a great groupie to have except he can't suck my dick. wait...that's what his mother is for !!!!!!

So you want a man as a groupie?  Thats a little off
i see you're comfortable wit your title. LOL. now to what's a little off:  a couple of posters basically shared my sentiments as far as this canibus situation and you zoom in on me either you have serious mental issues or you want some black dick...sorry i can't help you wit either issue.

Thanks for the forum report, tavis smiley (i figured if i used dan rather here instead you wouldnt get it).
beat it.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2012, 01:29:03 PM »
Budden would trade his soul to release something like Revolutionary Vol 2 or 3rd World. I think its been too long since you've spun those tapes, you forgot just how good they are.

No, those tapes are sick as fuck. But I just fuck with Budden's solo stuff more. Basically answering your question. For me, if it were Budden or Xzibit or Nas, it wouldn't matter because their solo shit is just that impressive to me. I'd just laugh at their Canibus-like L.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2012, 04:14:36 PM »
an emcee is suppose to take his or her craft seriously. coming weak on the microphone is not allowed and if in a rhyme battle any emcee should show up and show out bottom line.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2012, 12:05:19 PM »
if they still made dope music, then i wouldnt stop listening just cuz they choked in a battle.....if the music is good, theres no reason not to listen.

what if he came with a 5/5 album and blew everyones minds? wouldnt it be pretty pathetic to refuse to bump it because of some nerd-boy rap battle he sucked in? come on, now. it was embarrassing, but it's not "caught raping little boys on camera" embarrassing. shit, i still bump sicx 8)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2012, 12:10:26 PM »
it was embarrassing, but it's not "caught raping little boys on camera" embarrassing. shit, i still bump sicx 8)

Sicx Sanduskey is the man

blcxm

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2012, 12:15:55 AM »
I wouldnt give a fuck.

caffeinefiend

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2012, 12:51:49 PM »
The Canibus drama seems blown out of proportion but that said I have kinda lost respect for many artists that have sucked when I've seen them perform live, which in turn has made me like their recorded material less too. So who knows.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2012, 09:57:08 PM »
Bottom line - if you really cant like an artist because of some battle shit that happens, youre like the kid who finds out Dr Dre really isnt a mass murdering gang kingpin and throws away his copy of the chronic.  Its just music, either shits good or its not.  People arent smart enough to get it.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup