Author Topic: How is "The Recipe" not the best produced song in years?  (Read 767 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
How is "The Recipe" not the best produced song in years?
« on: June 24, 2012, 01:19:23 PM »
Finally had a good night last night (which doesn't happen often around here) and woke up with "The Recipe" in my head.  Then it hit me, "Damn this track is a mutherfuckin MONSTER".

Dre produced the shit out of that record. When Kendrick Lamar raps, "roll wit a nigga/ RIDE wit a nigga" and you hear him pronounce RIDE you know that shits official.

And all the little naunces going on with the beat like the tire screaching sound, and the high pitched girl singing softly in the background, along with the head-nodding bass it is a West Coast banger that would of been hott in any era.

...just admit the obvious this track is flawless and better than anything out there.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Will_B

Re: How is "The Recipe" not the best produced song in years?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 01:31:50 PM »
Personally I got bored quite quickly and barely play it now. If you like slightly over-produced/bland music it's ok I guess.

I much prefer Roscoes version.
http://www.hulkshare.com/7sqaechx60yh

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 01:33:10 PM »
The track was produced by Scoop Deville, no?  Has it been confirmed Dre had any involvement producing on this track

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 01:40:20 PM »
The track was produced by Scoop Deville, no?  Has it been confirmed Dre had any involvement producing on this track

THIS!!

Will_B

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 01:46:15 PM »
Has it been confirmed Dre had any involvement producing on this track

Wiki says Dre co-produced and mixed it. But an interview with Kendrick just says Scoop did the beat and they just recorded their vocals over it.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 01:49:18 PM »
these weirdos think dre produced on every westcoast record that comes out then they find out dre didnt produce it then stop liking it as much.

shows you how intune with hip hop these fruit ninjas are..

Will_B

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 01:56:38 PM »
these weirdos think dre produced on every westcoast record that comes out then they find out dre didnt produce it then stop liking it as much.

If you're looking for music for life, The Recipe was not it IMO

This one had an expiry date

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 02:46:47 PM »
Dre clearly co-produced and mixed it and is responsible for taking a dope beat and making the song classic.  Just the way Kendrick pronounces "RIDE" wit a nicca/ you know that has Dre written all over it.  He probably added a few touches and nuances to the beat as well that really made it a banger.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 02:57:51 PM »
lol, this is ridiculous. kendrick is always pronouncing stuff like that. get your pants dry again. the song is really cool but first and foremost, 70% of this beat is just higher pitched sample of a track by Twin Sister called "Meet The Frownies" and further have I heard other tracks this year, that were way more original. Two of my favorites are "Empathy" by Ab-Soul and "California" by Wiz Khalifa.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 03:43:02 PM »
Dre clearly co-produced and mixed it and is responsible for taking a dope beat and making the song classic.  Just the way Kendrick pronounces "RIDE" wit a nicca/ you know that has Dre written all over it.  He probably added a few touches and nuances to the beat as well that really made it a banger.

Everytime u say "nicca" an impoverished black man dies.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 03:46:42 PM »
dre obviously has a hand in producing these recent tracks which he hasnt been credited for. it's like dj khalil said, he brings him a skeleton beat, dre puts his hands on it, and completely makes it his own sound with his vision. dre has always been accused of stealing beats, but what he does is produce them. he is a true producer in every sense of the word. if this were back n the day, dre woulda been given full production credit on these tracks.

as for the song, it's good...not dre's best, but definitely better than most the shit comin out nowadays.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 04:22:45 PM »
I didn't really like it. The concept is cool but I prefer Kendrick on more darker / weirder sounding tracks (ala  Burried Alive). And Dre barely sounds like himself anymore these days. He sounds different on Mr. Prescription, Drug Test, Chillin, Kush, I barely recognize him on The Recipe. The only recent song where he sounds like himself is I Need a Doctor and I don't plan on ever downloading or replaying that shit again.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 04:52:45 PM »
the song is good but nothing legendary

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 06:18:13 PM »
LOL... u niccaz is all just afraid to state the obvious, cause you wanna sound like you know more than the average mutherfucker.  Cause any regular mutherfucker can tell that track is a MONSTER.  Ya'll just want to uphold some image at the forum as having such a keen ear and diverse taste in music and this track is just such an obvious hit ya'll don't wanna state the obvious.

That shit bumps like a mutherfucker.  My speakers aren't the best but they are above-average and that beat hits like no other in my system.   

...And lol at u niccaz critisizing the way Dre raps on this track.  Dre is damn near 50 and he spits with more precision on this track than I've ever heard from him.  His flow on the track is clearly more challenging than his flow from past records, yet he aced it and master that track.

Aside from Sccit, you all need some more objectivity when it comes to this joint, and quit trying to impress other posters and just state the obvious.

Remedy360

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 06:33:50 PM »
LOL... u niccaz is all just afraid to state the obvious, cause you wanna sound like you know more than the average mutherfucker.  Cause any regular mutherfucker can tell that track is a MONSTER.  Ya'll just want to uphold some image at the forum as having such a keen ear and diverse taste in music and this track is just such an obvious hit ya'll don't wanna state the obvious.

That shit bumps like a mutherfucker.  My speakers aren't the best but they are above-average and that beat hits like no other in my system.   

...And lol at u niccaz critisizing the way Dre raps on this track.  Dre is damn near 50 and he spits with more precision on this track than I've ever heard from him.  His flow on the track is clearly more challenging than his flow from past records, yet he aced it and master that track.

Aside from Sccit, you all need some more objectivity when it comes to this joint, and quit trying to impress other posters and just state the obvious.

Calm down "nicca". The song was cool but I was hoping for more from a Kendrick/Dre collabo, I'll bump it but it's not one of the greatest tracks ever or anything.