2 (25%)
Dallas
1 (12.5%)
Houston
0 (0%)
he leaves the NBA and goes to play in China
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Dwight Howard Has Asked to Be Traded, Again  (Read 562 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dwight Howard Has Asked to Be Traded, Again
« on: July 01, 2012, 08:09:38 AM »
Some things in life are inevitable: death, taxes, and Dwight Howard asking to be traded. Yes, it's July 1 (and not March or February or December or any of the other times the Magic center has requested to be shipped out of Orlando), and yes, Howard wants to play somewhere besides Florida.

In the latest iteration of the neverending trade request, Howard met with new Magic general manager Rob Hennigan on Friday and asked to be traded to the Brooklyn Nets. Howard is also telling people close to him that he felt "blackmailed" by the Magic to sign the opt-in clause on his contract at the trade deadline in March, and is talking with the NBA Players' Union about having the contract voided so he can become a free agent this summer. Stan Van Gundy may be unemployed, but with co-workers like Dwight Howard, who wants a job?
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dwight Howard Has Asked to Be Traded, Again
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 11:43:32 PM »
If traded, Dwight Howard would re-sign with only one team.

Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard acknowledged Sunday he has only one franchise on his preferred list, stating he would not re-sign with any other team if he were traded.

"There’s only one team on my list and if I don’t get traded there, I'll play the season out and explore my free agency after that," Howard said in a telephone interview with Yahoo! Sports.

Howard did not name the team, but it is believed to be the Brooklyn Nets, according to Yahoo!.

Howard also refuted an ESPN report that indicated he felt as though the Magic “blackmailed” him into opting in to the final year of his contract. Howard maintains he has never chosen the term “blackmail” to describe his relationship with the team.

"I never used the word 'blackmail' in reference to any of my dealings with the Magic," Howard told Yahoo!. “I never said that. It’s defamatory and it’s inaccurate. I know what blackmail means and any report that I used the term incorrectly is inaccurate."

Howard, however, did confirm he asked for a trade when he met with new Magic general manager Rob Hennigan on Friday in Los Angeles. He also pointed out that it wasn't his first trade request.

"This was not the first time," Howard said. "I communicated this to [Magic president] Alex [Martins] and [former GM] Otis [Smith] way before Friday that I wanted to be traded—months before this meeting with Rob Hennigan. That was all way before [former coach] Stan [Van Gundy] got fired."

Howard remained in Los Angeles following season-ending back surgery to repair a herniated disk and have bone fragments removed. The All-Star center heard rumblings he might not have been injured, before the diagnosis confirmed he would need surgery.

"I’ve never faked anything," Howard told Yahoo! Sports. "I’d never fake a back injury to not play for my team. I played a lot of games in a lot of pain, and there were times that I was crying in the locker room afterward because I was so seriously hurt. But I kept fighting. I’ve played with a cracked sternum in the past, and played with a lot of different [injuries].

"This time, I couldn't play. Regardless of what people say, 'Hey, you’re Superman,' I'm a man. I bleed. And I have bones, too. And something happened that I couldn’t control.

"It really upset me that anyone would say that I was doing something out of spite for my team or my city. I have the utmost respect for the Magic organization, for the people of Orlando. Everything I did was from my heart, and I would never do anything to betray my city."

Howard also addressed an awkward exchange with former coach Stan Van Gundy and reporters at an April 5 shootaround. Howard walked into Van Gundy’s interview with the media, unaware Van Gundy told reporters Howard asked for him to be fired.

When asked if he felt he had been set up, Howard replied: “I did. I had no clue about what had happened, about what he had said. I wanted to clear it up that this was not what was happening behind closed doors, and I stepped into something that I didn’t know how to handle. It hurts me to this day, thinking about how people were saying these things about me, calling me a "coach killer," and all this crazy stuff. It upset me, it hurt a lot."

If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Hack Wilson - real

where will Howard end up?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 09:48:48 AM »
where will he go niggas

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 11:41:50 PM »
he will end up in brooklyn... he is a cry baby tho

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 01:18:24 AM »
wahh wahh bheby whanna crwey

and when i thought the lebron thing was bad, just wow.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 02:13:37 AM »
wahh wahh bheby whanna crwey

and when i thought the lebron thing was bad, just wow.

No kidding.  Lebron blew that franchise up, but Dwight is nuking his franchise. 
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 11:58:46 AM »
i like how a mod merged my thread with alone-o's

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 12:24:24 PM »
now the media is reporting the Lakers and Bynum

this is hilarious, Howard makes Lebron and Carmelo look pretty good right now

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 04:55:18 PM »
i like how a mod merged my thread with alone-o's

pretty gay

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 04:18:07 PM »
2 years since Elano posted here, damn!

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 06:15:05 PM »

Remedy360

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 06:20:04 PM »

Remedy360

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 06:20:42 PM »
The Ripper defintiely had the best sig, I forgot about that.