Author Topic: Tha Dogg Pound - Doggy Bag (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 4758 times)

Okka

Re: Tha Dogg Pound - Doggy Bag (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2012, 07:12:26 AM »
It's a shame they didn't mix these songs and hopefully Efrain has the time to do his thing with the album. Overall i gotta say this is a good release, definitely my favorite release after the LBC Crew album. Only songs i'm not really feelin' are "Everybody Needs To Slow Down", "I Don't Care What The People Say" and "These Reasons".

doggfather

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2012, 07:15:58 AM »
Overall i gotta say this is a good release, definitely my favorite release after the LBC Crew album.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2012, 10:43:49 PM »
i still want this mixtape. Dpgc'Ology [Explicit] by Tha Dogg Pound (2012) .... wish it woulda got released on cd, id have bought it.... damn it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snoop-Dogg-Tha-Dogg-Pound-DPGCOLOGY-Mixtape-Promo-DPGCOLOGY-NEW-/261016718560?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item3cc5cf0ce0

thanks i hope its an untagged version, cuz i ordered it

Eddz

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2012, 12:17:34 AM »
It's just such a shame the quality :-\ of some of these songs

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2012, 01:34:23 AM »
i still want this mixtape. Dpgc'Ology [Explicit] by Tha Dogg Pound (2012) .... wish it woulda got released on cd, id have bought it.... damn it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snoop-Dogg-Tha-Dogg-Pound-DPGCOLOGY-Mixtape-Promo-DPGCOLOGY-NEW-/261016718560?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item3cc5cf0ce0

thanks i hope its an untagged version, cuz i ordered it
its only untagged in digital stores

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2012, 05:56:35 AM »
Ya'll need to cut them some slack on sound quality.  You niggaz are forgetting this was recorded nearly 20 years ago in ANALOG format, not the digital shit your used to hearing today.  In todays world they can COMPRESS the shit out of stuff and digitally manipulate it to sound bigger and louder.  Who knows if there has been some quality loss from the storage for all these years too.  It aint easy storing TAPE muthafuckaz.  SMH.

I listened to the first 2 tracks on Itunes and they sound good to me, considering the above.  You can only do so much.  Muthafucka.

EDIT- went throught the rest and there are a couple that sound off, but that could just be the recording... like the beat was recorded quietly.  Heavily compressed.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 06:04:34 AM by WalterOhDim »

Eddz

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2012, 03:13:13 PM »
Ya'll need to cut them some slack on sound quality.  You niggaz are forgetting this was recorded nearly 20 years ago in ANALOG format, not the digital shit your used to hearing today.  In todays world they can COMPRESS the shit out of stuff and digitally manipulate it to sound bigger and louder.  Who knows if there has been some quality loss from the storage for all these years too.  It aint easy storing TAPE muthafuckaz.  SMH.

I listened to the first 2 tracks on Itunes and they sound good to me, considering the above.  You can only do so much.  Muthafucka.

EDIT- went throught the rest and there are a couple that sound off, but that could just be the recording... like the beat was recorded quietly.  Heavily compressed.

If Efrain can make this sound a whole better I'm sure they could too.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2012, 06:32:02 PM »
Does anyone have the other version of "every single day"  HQ? Kurupt spits a different verse at the end and Nate Dogg appears in the track also.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Damú

• 'G'
  • What A Breakfast!!!
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »
Does anyone have the other version of "every single day"  HQ? Kurupt spits a different verse at the end and Nate Dogg appears in the track also.

WideAsleep fucked up things as usual, promise the version you want and give us the same remixed version we all had for years.

ttpac

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2012, 08:13:21 PM »
The album is good yet it has more than a few botches as we can expect from WA.  We are far far away from the Interscope years that's for sure lol.

Will_B

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2012, 02:19:34 AM »

tape recording of Radio drop
http://limelinx.com/eknwr

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2012, 07:02:55 AM »

If Efrain can make this sound a whole better I'm sure they could too.

Well the good songs on the album sound "good" to me... Like Dis, Big Pimpin, Every Single Day all sound good on my KRK studio monitors.  The bass is pretty smooth for a 20 year old track sittin in a vault.  No complaints here. 

Life I Lead, NY 87, do sound heavily compressed and not so good.  Not a fan of those anyways so I'm good.  Good lookin Itunes thats why I only gots to spend $3 for the good ones  :o

And there was a little nigga on here who said Big Pimpin was off.  Its not off... I think there might be an extra synth in the background which your talking about.

Will_B

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2012, 07:21:53 AM »
Have u heard the CD?

Low rate mp3s and recompressed muddy sounding AAC from iTunes usually make these things sound much worse

G iC3

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2012, 08:52:23 AM »
That tracc Gigolo is dope!!
So i guess Snoop took the Gigolo tracc and turned it into a Groupie tracc (from tha Doggfather)...
Or is this ol news....

G'z Up, Ho'z Down....& If Tha B!TCH Can't Swimm Than Tha B!TCH Iz Bound 2 Drizzown!

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2012, 08:59:37 AM »
Have u heard the CD?

Low rate mp3s and recompressed muddy sounding AAC from iTunes usually make these things sound much worse

No I have not and actually Itunes does a decent job of bitrate... they updated their quality just over a year ago and I'm okay with it.  Its 256.