Author Topic: " It was a very, very competitive game by our best player."-Coach K about lebron  (Read 895 times)

teecee

Then, once Team USA had possession of the ball, James heated up his championship-like competitive fire, scoring seven points in the period. He said that he wanted to make his mark in multiple ways -- in the paint, driving and posting up -- in order to get his teammates more into the flow of the action. From there, Team USA kept grinding away and utilized its versatility and athleticism -- its two best attributes -- to overwhelm the more position-defined Brazilians.

Following the game, Krzyzewski showed the utmost respect for James, who scored a game-high 30 points, while pitching in six rebounds and four steals.

"LeBron played great," he said. "I think LeBron is not just a great player; LeBron's a great competitor. When he goes to the basket, he doesn't get the call even when he finishes because he's so strong. He goes through contact. His will to win was the most inspiring thing that we had on our team. It was a very, very competitive game by our best player."

Pretty clear whose team this is, much like when Jordab took OVer from Magic and Bird In 92. 

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
Lebron is the best player in the NBA ...

KD offensive game fits FIBA game better though , he's Team USA best answer against the zone ... and unlike most of the US players , he likes the shorter three pt line ... it's like a layup for him

King Of The Greater Los Angeles Area

• 'G'
LBJ is the King of the NBA just like I'm the King of the SFV

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
He's too good.

Hack Wilson - real

he is very super player

Sccit

in 2008, coach K said Kobe was the best...it's time for the young'ns to do most of the heavy lifting.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
It's LeBron's league now. Durant though does fit international play better. Much like Chris Bosh did in 2008 as a post player. Chandler will struggle with the international spread out offensives, but I think that LeBron, Durant and Kobe will be so good that Team USA can't lose the gold medal if they wanted to.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
It's LeBron's league now. Durant though does fit international play better. Much like Chris Bosh did in 2008 as a post player. Chandler will struggle with the international spread out offensives, but I think that LeBron, Durant and Kobe will be so good that Team USA can't lose the gold medal if they wanted to.

where have all the real centers gone?  i swear their the weakest position in basketball.

chandler struggles because he isnt dominant, shaq or any other dominant down low beast would tear it up (not howard)

man shaq would of destroyed the international front courts.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Remedy360

where have all the real centers gone? i swear their the weakest position in basketball.

chandler struggles because he isnt dominant, shaq or any other dominant down low beast would tear it up (not howard)

Obviously. Not having Bosh is also a disadvantage, as much hate as he gets he played well on the '08 team.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 01:38:10 AM by Remedy360 »

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss

where have all the real centers gone? i swear their the weakest position in basketball.

Obviously. Not having Bosh is also a disadvantage, as much hate as he gets he played well on the '08 team.

lol bosh as a legit big guy  makes me laugh hes a strech 4, he came int he league as a 3. remember when he was a skinny twig? he got game, i just started hating him ever since he joined the heat, but a couple years wasnt he considered the best PF in the game? like in 08? 09?

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Hack Wilson - real

where have all the real centers gone?  i swear their the weakest position in basketball.

Shaq did....back on the 1996 olympic team

and YES!  Center is weak as fuck and maybe it's cuz I was spoiled as a kid with Ewing/Hakeem/Shaq/Robinson/Alonzo all playing

it's a joke to think Howard or Bynum could compete with Hakeem or Shaq (before he hit 30)

Sccit

the NBA is a perimeter oriented league now....Jordan had it easy.

Hack Wilson - real

i once heard on Outside the Lines that it's because Stern wanted more white stars

Sccit

i once heard on Outside the Lines that it's because Stern wanted more white stars

no...it's cuz high-flyng perimeter players are more marketable than centers.

Hack Wilson - real

no...it's cuz high-flyng perimeter players are more marketable than centers.

Shaq was one of the most marketable athletes ever though