Author Topic: DubCNN: Snoop (Dogg) Lion - La La La (First Single off "Reincarnated" Album!  (Read 1514 times)

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
Oh my, it's hard to really say how i feel. But, i will say this: I wish he had rapped, and left the chick to do the hook. His singing is just terrible!  :-X :-X
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Bungalow

• 'G'
DAAAA FUCK?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
wet bread is stronger than this song.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
This is fucking pathetic. Snoop just realizes he can't make a good Hip Hop song anymore.

Just embarrassing lol.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i tried to give this song a listen, and try to appreciate it for what it is, and not being a rap song or snoop dogg track, but this shit sucks balls.
I find it hard to believe someone who is a real reggae music fan would appreciate this steamer..

It's all good though, i knew from 10 years ago that snoop wanted to be on some other shit musically, and i just aint feeling any of it.
I guess he's growing up and wants to stray away from gangsta rap, and at the same time try to appeal to the new young generation. Blue carpet treatment was a prime egsample of that, and it was relatively successful, but he's just been going fruit loopy with his music ever since, more and more.
Aint no youth going to be listening to this "la la la" track. The single wont even chart, but whatever.
I guess he's also tired of gangsta rap, and wants to just experiment with music, and make some more mature shit.
He's done all the gangsta rap before, and he's got enough money so that he doesnt have to work another day in his life if he choses to.

Maybe also joining the N.O.I. has had an impact on his musical direction aswell. Maybe thats why he has now took the word "dogg" out of his name, and named himself after a more respected animal like a lion. But to my opinion, he's still naming himself after an animal, and snoop is, was and always will be a dog's name, but whatever.

Anyways, i think its official that the old gangster rapper snoop dogg is dead, and snoop lion is born, who is on some other shit type of music, and will not have any success musically

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:23:58 PM by ironmike »

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

^pretty sure he only goes reggae for this specific project. and the name "lion" is an acronym that goes wit it.
Snoop tries out stuff all the time.  back in the early 00's he was on some pimp shit wit the "Snoopy Collins"-persona. he even delved into dubstep recently

so i doubt this shit is permanent. as for the music, "la la la" - yea it sucks ass. theres another track for this proejct though, named "For Me" which is much better

Si-Chiggedy

^pretty sure he only goes reggae for this specific project. and the name "lion" is an acronym that goes wit it.
Snoop tries out stuff all the time.  back in the early 00's he was on some pimp shit wit the "Snoopy Collins"-persona. he even delved into dubstep recently

so i doubt this shit is permanent. as for the music, "la la la" - yea it sucks ass. theres another track for this proejct though, named "For Me" which is much better

Snoopy Collins was his impersonation of Bootsy Collins who is his uncle. He also had another side character called Sir Dogg. They were never used as full song interpreters like on this one though, only as gimmick or for doing some funny ad-libs. When you say acronym, then tell me what the Lion stands for, or else i might think you dont really know what an acyronym is.
Lion is just more fitting to reggae and shall envision his metamorphosis for the upcoming album.

All you haters and musically un-educated chumps spit on everything as soons as it's not your 1,2,3-i shoot a nigga in the face and fuck his bitch-gangsta rap. Eat shit and die. Most of you use the same critique on a reggae song as on a regular rap song. how pathetic that is. if ur not able to listen to anything besides hardcore gangsta rap then stay the fuck in the 90's or whatever and dont write on topics like this. its the reason why this board is slowly dying. matter of fact, i guess in 2015 or 16 it will be completely dead. all your wet dream idols from the 90's wont put any music anymore and if, its mostly so uninspired that no one cares. the new artists get hated on cause they make new shit, try to switch it up a bit. the old artists who try be creative get the same hate. you stuck. it's a fucking reggae song my ass. it says so in the description. if u dont have any idea about, or affection to reggae then why hate? what do u think snoop changed his name for on this record? yeah right, cause its NOT snoop dogg, the rapper, on this record.

as for my opinion: im not a huge reggae fan or expert, but i know some songs. this one is a cool one to chill out to and i guess thats what its about. plus at least snoop pulls of some kind of lyrics finally.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 07:05:39 AM by Si-Chiggedy »
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

ur readin into it
if the song is wack, it is wack period - "la la la" sucks, n u dont have to glorify
Snoops earlier rapmusic, to understand that the track objectively sucks.

pretty sure, this is just one of Snoop's many bandwagons though. he'll try it out, n then jumps on somethin else.
and Snoop did a bunch of songs as Snoopy Collins. not only adlibs.
"Snoopy Collins" prod by Fredwreck was awesome.
im still waiting for his funk-album wit Nine Inch Dix, which never came out  :-\
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 07:31:16 AM by OG Michael Madsen »

nad45

Michael

Is the other track you heard better than this one? It was a reggae song too?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:29:01 PM by nad45 »

Michael

Is the other track you heard better than this one? It was a reggae song too?

yes and yes  :)

Sccit

i dont get it? snoop is doing a full album of knock-off reggae? aint really feelin it lol.. shit sounds like weird al type parodyesque shit. hope some of it comes out dope, at least.

as for the single, matisyahu >>>>>>>>>>>>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ChV5BZ8SmS0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ChV5BZ8SmS0</a>

Will_B

If Snoop wants to do Reggae then fine, but if its not great reggae pleople are gonna say 'what's the point? Garbage music from someone who used to be good a lonnnng ass time ago' :-X

sdmaxx1

• Muthafuckin' OG
this is fuclkin terrible! Snoop needs to relize what got him here in the first place thats gangsta shit! nothing else but gangsta g funk shit
he needs to get back to the original formula all this reggae pop bullshit is WACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

sokka

• Muthafuckin' OG
Snoop fell off so hard it's unbelievable how bad he is right now,  i actually would compare him to this guy   :loco:

Lucifuge

fucking wack.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D