Author Topic: Favorite Immortal Technique songs?  (Read 326 times)

rayallen0

Favorite Immortal Technique songs?
« on: July 25, 2012, 11:09:03 PM »
Although some of his fans have that close minded "rap sucks other than IT" philosphy he himself is one of the most intelligent rappers out there. What are your favorite tunes by him?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MeE3-rOG7i4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MeE3-rOG7i4</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SCEv7SWs7_g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SCEv7SWs7_g</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SKJHltEI788" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SKJHltEI788</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qggxTtnKTMo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qggxTtnKTMo</a>

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Favorite Immortal Technique songs?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 09:26:11 AM »
Street Hustle produced by Domingo

other than that just stick with Rev 1 and 2

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 10:28:04 AM »
I was a big fan of his older work, mainly because the only thing that came out between Bin Laden and The Martyr was The 3rd World. The 3rd World was alright, but Rev. 1 and 2 were just so good that I thought 3rd World was his falling off time. But the Martyr is AMAZING! You ain't heard it, download it now!

With that in mind, favorite Tech tracks... hum...

Dance With the Devil, You Never Know, The Point of No Return, Payback, Land of the Gun, and my favorite from The Martyr is "Sign of the Times".

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bb3FvfN0mZA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Bb3FvfN0mZA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Nate Dogg's Rotting Corpse.

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 04:40:58 PM »
Peruvian Cocaine. Other than that, this nigga is so corny. i consider myself a liberal but this dude spits so much commie rhetoric coupled with bitching about the world, it gets old quick. I remember seeing him live once, he started chanting "Bush knocked down the towers!" over and over again until he had every pasty faced college liberal with dreads in the building shouting along. I was openly laughing at the spectacle that was his raw emotion.
Yes it is me, rapper/singer Nate Dogg. I am communicating with you from beyond the grave using this forum as a medium. Heed my words.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 04:44:06 PM »
I was actually disappointed in The Martyr. I mean it was a dope album, but Revolutionary vol 2 and 3rd World have classic songs to me. The Martyr had good songs. I'm also pissed my favorite song on there is only one verse.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 05:07:52 PM »
Peruvian Cocaine. Other than that, this nigga is so corny. i consider myself a liberal but this dude spits so much commie rhetoric coupled with bitching about the world, it gets old quick. I remember seeing him live once, he started chanting "Bush knocked down the towers!" over and over again until he had every pasty faced college liberal with dreads in the building shouting along. I was openly laughing at the spectacle that was his raw emotion.

thats funny, i bet he did that every city every tour like a little alex jones cheerleader

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 05:49:33 PM »

thats funny, i bet he did that every city every tour like a little alex jones cheerleader

fyi that's the hook of one of his songs.

Remedy360

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 06:05:01 PM »
Caught In a Hustle and Positive Balance.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 06:09:16 PM »

fyi that's the hook of one of his songs.

thanks never heard that one

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 06:30:58 PM »

LMFAO

I dont get it - dudes looked at as so intelligent but he cant pick a history book up and read how communist countries typically end up?  Yeah, I'll go ahead and say that hes just good at his gimmick.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 06:38:49 PM »

LMFAO

I dont get it - dudes looked at as so intelligent but he cant pick a history book up and read how communist countries typically end up?  Yeah, I'll go ahead and say that hes just good at his gimmick.

he's also a HUGE asshole in real life

he's the poster boy of one of those "if you aren't someone important i won't talk to you" guys from every account i've ever heard

Remedy360

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 06:46:58 PM »

LMFAO

he's the poster boy of one of those "if you aren't someone important i won't talk to you" guys from every account i've ever heard

Pretty much the opposite of what I heard, one of my friends that saw him said he stayed for a few hours after his show to interact with his fans. Regardless, most of his shit is too over the top for me but he's got some great songs.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 06:51:29 PM »

LMFAO

Pretty much the opposite of what I heard, one of my friends that saw him said he stayed for a few hours after his show to interact with his fans. Regardless, most of his shit is too over the top for me but he's got some great songs.

He does have some good songs ill give him that, but for me it takes away from his music knowing that he spits bullshit half the time.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 07:39:03 PM »

LMFAO

maybe he's changed a lot since the Revolutionary days

hope so

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 09:42:49 PM »
From what I've heard, he has changed greatly since his revolutionary days. My thing is that the Revolutionary albums were great, but I think the Martyr was more mature and more focused that his Revolutionary albums. In those albums he was a young 20-something screaming about injustice and George Bush. Now I think he actually has focus and vision. I don't think his as good lyrically as he was before, in fact his fallen off greatly especially considering how high he fell from. But his still better than 80% of the rap game today, which isn't hard. Now his an early 30's rapper who is at the very end of relevance, he has donated tons and tons of money in the last 4 years and I think his grown up. And I've heard he talks to all his fans now and is seen on the streets, usually at an Occupy movement getting to know people. Dude to me reminded me of a lost college student in the Revolutionary days, which was cool because I was a lost college student at the same time. Now his got his shit together.